Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Megaproject: Fist of Armok testing.  (Read 1752 times)

Ragingpantsless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Megaproject: Fist of Armok testing.
« on: August 11, 2010, 05:45:11 pm »

This project involves using the adamantine spire, filling it up with magma, and sending it on the express route into hell.

I kinda figured it would go like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mind you, this is for testing purposes only. It will probably take your computer to its limits so caution would be advised.
"And if you look down in the boiler chamber, you'll see that our hot spring is powered by an ancient, unholy, cramped and extremely pissed forgotten beast."

nbonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Megaproject: Fist of Armok testing.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 06:37:28 pm »

That map is so bugged that this probably won't work. You can't even mine.

Oh, and there's already a megaproject galled the Gauntlet of Armok. It's an airship-thing.
A service to the forum: clowns=demons, cotton candy=adamantine, clown car=adamantine tube, circus=hell, circus tent=demonic fortress.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 06:41:08 pm »

Actually, .12 lets you mine.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 08:23:43 pm »

Does the spire actually go underground, through the caverns and magma?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 09:26:30 pm »

Oh, and there's already a megaproject galled the Gauntlet of Armok. It's an airship-thing.
Armok's Gauntlet, AKA Bloodfist the Sky-Fortress of God, to be exact. And it is an airship; made for transporting large invasions and barraging cities with grappling ballistae. Also able to be modified for additional purposes.

I thought this was a 2010 replication project initially (have fun remaking it in the recent version. I had a challenge with the older version.) but wouldn't the fist of Armok be the dwarves? That's sorta what I had in mind when I was working on the Guantlet myself.

Anyway, details are in the sig for my project. Caution: it's pretty old, so unless you have something relevant to add to it, please don't necro it unnecessarily.

Regarding the project idea, I don't see it happening. In agreement with everyone, the bugs won't allow you to do anything to it, it will take ages to go through all that, and your computer will want to kill you for making such an attempt. With respect, of course.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:28:17 pm by Itnetlolor »