Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you prefer the first or second version of the Paladins?

I prefer the first
- 1 (33.3%)
I prefer the second.
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Beefmo 2012: A Beefmo graphics update and repack. Animals, underway!  (Read 76254 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beefmo 2012: A Beefmo graphics update and repack. Animals, underway!
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2012, 09:29:11 am »

Same here.  I found a neat one that bizarrly preserves savior by making all the animal graphics look like letters (a cat is the letter C with feet / ears)

But, while cute, it does not compare.

PxiePip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2012, 11:00:59 am »

That sounds like it might be something to tide me over for a while! Got a link, puke?

Thrin

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERMITTED_JOB: GRAPHICS_SURGEON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2012, 01:21:08 am »

I've done a little, just a koala and a few snakes, but photoshop has been acting up on me, and when I tried GIMP it ran SOOO slow, it was silly. So, not nearly as much as I'd hoped. :( But I'm still working on it, so don't give up yet.

Any progress, Thrin? I've been casting around for another graphics set that I like as much as Beefmo and yours' work and it's just in a league of its own!

Aww shucks. Thanks!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2012, 01:52:31 am »

Hmm... I might have to check this out.

Question:
Do you have Dwarves, Humans, and Kobold sprites done for all professions and nobles?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 01:55:02 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Thrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2012, 04:13:42 am »

Dwarves and Humans yes, Kolbolds, sadly not. They're missing some craftbolds and most of the farmers, but are otherwise complete. The only other entity incomplete is elves, who are missing just about everything.

By the by, even though I have a separate graphic for them, elven generals will use the dwarf equivalent for their species. To fix this, change the GENERAL under the FOREST entity to ELF_GENERAL. You may have to regen your world, though.

PxiePip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2012, 05:08:53 am »

Yay! So pleased to hear you're still working on this Thrin!

Thrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2012, 05:09:32 am »

*blows off the dust* Wow, half a year gone by! Well, I decided to get off my butt and do some spriting for you guys for Christmas. And by spriting I mostly mean taking and modifying Doren's creatures to fill in the Large Temperate and Large Tundra sections of the list. As soon as I can learn how to draw a wolverine, I can try to finish up the Large Mountain set too, but I'm not sure how long that will take, so don't hold your breath.

Here's a download link if you're too lazy to go to the first post.

PxiePip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2012, 09:04:20 am »

It's a Christmas miracle!

Thanks Thrin, it's really great to know you're still thinking about this project :3

Thrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2012, 04:42:54 pm »

Oh, I'm constantly thinking about this. Unfortunately, that's usually about as far as it goes. There always seems to be something else to do instead, but I'll try to get a few more things done before I drift away from this again. What can I say, I have ADD. It doesn't help that I haven't played DF for almost a year now.

Dokkir

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike the earth, in the name of !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2012, 02:11:41 am »

This is really nice, keep up the good work!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2014, 07:39:07 pm »

As we meander towards the next release, I just thought I'd check on my favorite graphics set. 

I don't expect anything has changed as yet, but I'm wondering if there is interest in continuing to update it after the next release?

Thrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2014, 10:40:10 pm »

I wish I could say good things, but I haven't even thought of this project in months. Coupled with the fact that my computer with Photoshop is down for the count right now, and every time I try to play DF it crashes on me, I can't say any real progress has been made in a very long time. I need to at least put up what I've produced so far, so someone can work on this while I'm not able to.

I'll see what I can do about putting it into GIMP, and we'll see where it goes from there.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2014, 05:15:30 pm »

Nothing lasts forever, I suppose.  I'd love to see it kept up though, maybe if you do package up the materials another pixel artist will pick it up for a while.

I think one of the problems is lack of awareness, I think lots of people dont know this is here -- or just play with the pre-packed Mayday or Ironhand sets, or whatever the big bundles are these days.

This isn't even up on the relevant wiki page (http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Graphics_set_repository), which I guess I'll try to correct now.  I've never edited a wiki before, but it looks like a simple enough process.

edit:  eh, I can edit the page, but I can't upload files to the wiki as I don't have an account.  Can't create an account as the account creation process sends me an error from the server.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:30:09 pm by puke »

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2014, 12:40:09 am »

Okay boss, I took the liberty of making a wiki entry.  Please edit it if you don't like my write up:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Graphics_set_repository#Beefmo_2012

It needs images to be added to it, I don't have a wiki account yet (server error preventing registration) so I can't do it myself until its fixed.

I've also taken the liberty of smearing your art on the web to make it easier to link to the wiki or to this forum, if you feel like updating the first post of the thread to have some more robust previews.  I used the same image hosting site that you used, so hopefully it isn't offensive or anything:

For posting better previews, i think you can just change the existing

Code: [Select]
[URL=http://www.img.ie/2wsrk.png.html][IMG]http://www.img.ie/images/2wsrk_thumb.jpg[/img][/URL]
to this:

Code: [Select]
[URL=http://www.img.ie/2wsrk.png][IMG]http://www.img.ie/images/2wsrk.png[/img][/URL]
and you've got a full-size preview.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 12:45:42 am by puke »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7