Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Do you prefer the first or second version of the Paladins?

I prefer the first
- 1 (33.3%)
I prefer the second.
- 2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Beefmo 2012: A Beefmo graphics update and repack. Animals, underway!  (Read 76141 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Beefmo 2012: A Beefmo graphics update and repack. Animals, underway!
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2014, 06:46:58 am »

These are pretty amazing. :)

I think it would be best if you move this into the graphic/tileset section, so the people interested in graphics can find it more easily and it doesnt get lost.

Might I use the human spriteset for a race I plan?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2014, 10:00:01 am »

Sorry if obvious question, but how is this meant to be installed? I'd like to integrate it with LNP, but it's not in the usual data/raw directory format.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2014, 10:03:31 am »

Its only graphics, no one posted the text files. You could make them yourself.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2014, 11:53:52 am »

What?  no, all the configuration files are in the main download linked in the first post:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2087

You just dump it all into /raw/graphics and replace the example files that are already there.  Same with any graphics set.

Most of the modern tile sets have you modifying RAWs, so there is more to it with them.  But this is simple.  Compatible with whatever character set you want to use, no weird hacks.

Just turn graphics on in the init files.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2014, 12:07:02 pm »

Sorry.

I stand corrected. I thought it was only the pics you posted here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54399.msg5294706#msg5294706.

Thrin

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERMITTED_JOB: GRAPHICS_SURGEON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2014, 05:21:35 pm »

Okay boss, I took the liberty of making a wiki entry.  Please edit it if you don't like my write up:
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Graphics_set_repository#Beefmo_2012

Cool! I just checked and I have an account already (for some reason) so I can fix the images. I'll do that when I get home.

These are pretty amazing. :)

Yeah, Beefmo is really good. I just hope my additions aren't to breaking of his style.

I think it would be best if you move this into the graphic/tileset section, so the people interested in graphics can find it more easily and it doesnt get lost.

To be fair, when I made this thread, and the last time I actively visited these forums, that section didn't exist. I'll see about moving it.

Might I use the human spriteset for a race I plan?

Sure. Just make sure to mention they're made by Beefmo. And maybe me, if you want. The majority are Beefmo's though.

Sorry if obvious question, but how is this meant to be installed? I'd like to integrate it with LNP, but it's not in the usual data/raw directory format.

It's been a while since I've played, as it kept crashing on embark, but I'll check to make sure the download is good, and integrable with the current LNP.

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2014, 11:07:52 pm »

I've gotten this working in LNP by grafting it onto the Obsidian graphics set (with aquifers re-enabled). It uses Obsidian for animals not implemented in Beefmo, but otherwise uses the Beefmo characters. You can get it from here. One thing that I would like to fix is that the background color of the character sprites is black, which clashes a little with the rest of the Obsidian color scheme. Does anyone know how to fix this?

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2014, 01:28:47 am »

That was a problem in an older version.  The most current should have a propper transparent background.

Which creatures are missing? Do you have a diff or patch?

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2014, 05:40:37 pm »

That was a problem in an older version.  The most current should have a propper transparent background.

Which creatures are missing? Do you have a diff or patch?
I see the PNG files have transparent backgrounds,  but I am still getting black backgrounds when I play with DF. Can someone else confirm? All creatures are defined in one raw file or another. The ones not defined by Beefmo are those defined in files other than graphics_animals_png.txt. There should not be any redundant definitions.

Thrin

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERMITTED_JOB: GRAPHICS_SURGEON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2014, 10:13:24 pm »

I see the PNG files have transparent backgrounds,  but I am still getting black backgrounds when I play with DF. Can someone else confirm? All creatures are defined in one raw file or another. The ones not defined by Beefmo are those defined in files other than graphics_animals_png.txt. There should not be any redundant definitions.

Having looked at the Obsidian pack, I think I know what's happening. My graphics have a completely clear background, and the Obsidian pack does not. It has a translucent background that gets colored by the foreground color that is influenced by what material it's made of. If it's completely clear, it shows the background color, which 99% of the time is black. (I may have the background/Foreground bit switched around, but it doesn't really matter which is which)

In order to get the animals and Dwarves and whatnot to have a similar background, one has to put that in behind them with something like Photoshop or GIMP. I could see about making something up for you when I get the time.

EDIT: Here's a Dropbox link for replacement PNGs. Just replace the current PNGs with these and it should look better. Let me know if things mess up. https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqpysk7fhngdcl1/Obsidian.zip
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 02:54:37 am by Thrin »

TV4Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2014, 03:52:01 am »

EDIT: Here's a Dropbox link for replacement PNGs. Just replace the current PNGs with these and it should look better. Let me know if things mess up. https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqpysk7fhngdcl1/Obsidian.zip
Yes, that looks much better, thank you. I've updated the graphics in the download pack.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]