Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Neck Snapping  (Read 1502 times)

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Neck Snapping
« on: April 15, 2010, 07:36:13 am »

I think it would be neat to be able to lock the neck and then break it in wrestling, causing instant death.

Anyone with me?

Mikko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neck Snapping
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 07:50:59 am »

Yes; It would occasionally be cool.
No; Too lethal.

Therefor if this would be implemented, getting a good grasp of people's head should be way more difficult than it's now. Even then it shouldn't always work out too well.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 07:54:23 am »

You could do this in 40d by adding [JOINT] to necks. No idea how modding works now.

And, yes, it was ludicriously overpowered, especially since you could technically break someone's neck with your left lower leg.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 08:08:13 am »

I tried to add it in the current version, and so far have failed. In the sense that I can't break the neck. I can issue the command in the wrestling interface, but nothing happens, and the command remains there.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 08:15:48 am »

you could technically break someone's neck with your left lower leg.
That's not totally unrealistic, you know. Except you'd have to use your whole leg to get a proper grip.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 08:17:13 am »

It was pretty funny, though, since you could grip one person per available limb. You could break four necks in quick succession with your shins and your forearms, basically. :D
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 08:18:01 am »

but it wont be that overpowered,... maybe your charecters strength is taken into account when breaking joints

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 08:19:35 am »

Creatures don't defend themselves well enough for it to work reasonably.

Basically, it's not a terrible idea, but other things about the system would have to change before it would be reasonable.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 08:21:22 am »

:-\ there has to be some way so we can break necks without it being overpowered. Also strangulation is overpowered.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 08:23:00 am »

but it wont be that overpowered,... maybe your charecters strength is taken into account when breaking joints

Yeah, that was actually the case in 40d. Though it was less "strength" and mroe [SIZE]. Again, I have no idea what factors go into wrestling now.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 08:23:42 am »

I got it! repeted strangulation after a while should eventually snap the neck like in metal gear,
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:14:37 pm by Toybasher »

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 08:44:03 am »

Yeah, that was actually the case in 40d. Though it was less "strength" and mroe [SIZE]. Again, I have no idea what factors go into wrestling now.
Size is, if anything, even more important in the new version. Try taking over a giant in arena mode and wrestling anything.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 08:46:41 am »

I got it! repeted strangulation after a while will eventually snap the neck like in metal gear,

That's pretty cool. I'm going to go try that with a giant, like Ninja suggested.

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 08:55:33 am »

I got it! repeted strangulation after a while will eventually snap the neck like in metal gear,

That's pretty cool. I'm going to go try that with a giant, like Ninja suggested.
I think it was a suggestion for a change, not a statement of how the current version works.
Right now, the closest you can get is pinching people's heads off.

Mikko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 12:12:36 pm »

Size is, if anything, even more important in the new version. Try taking over a giant in arena mode and wrestling anything.
C
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But yeah, I got your point.
Pages: [1] 2