Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you like feces in game

YES! (i would use it)
NO! (i would not use it, and i think it is pointless/unethical/gross etc.)
yes, but i would dissable it if it was an init option (all yes voters are assumed to be for an init option, only vote here if you think it should be included but you would not use it)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: Feces vote  (Read 44385 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feces vote
« Reply #285 on: May 07, 2010, 10:59:33 am »

In short, the standards of the community will go to hell for it.
Primo: You can not call something 'standards' if it is supported only by half of community.
Secundo: DF community survived far more greater challenges, like /b/-like board. ToadyOne and ThreeToe are good enough at enforcing their perspective on community well-being, including deployment of mass-bans when needed.
Standards, I probably used the wrong words there.  Try... climate, atmosphere, the way that the community generally acts and conducts itself.

It is not a matter of if they are good enough or not at it.  Its a matter of actually having to take the time and effort to go clean up the forum, ban people, and being the 'bad-guy'.

Also, this forum is just going to keep expanding....  Its not going to stay the same size with the same people who think the same as the community does now, a year later...

There is little to no faith in humanity and internet culture here.

Mad Prophet Zangi
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:01:31 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 07, 2010, 11:51:53 am »

Hi!

i am *pro* filth, but i think zangi has a good point, he just failed to explain it as sensibly and diplomatically as Deathworks and Kilo24. still, i trust that toady and three toe will be able to keep the forums shit-joke free, and seeing that more than half of the forums find these jokes distastefull*, i think the ones that find these funny will be discouraged enough from posting  their exploits here

(*acording to the poll, half of the forum really has a problem with this, and acording to this thread, atleast a few, but probably more than just a few of the people who voted yes also arent really interested in shit jokes)

I don't want to burden the new thread (I have not read it yet) with the discussion from here, so I make this statement here:

I basically feel the same way with the sole exception that I simply can't bring myself to belief that everything will work out alright. I am a neurotic, so I am probably too much of a worrywart. However, it is simply emotionally impossible for me to bring up that optimism. But I sure wish you are right, and I wish I could bring myself to believe it.

Deathworks

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 07, 2010, 12:07:35 pm »

Well I trust toady to include it in a tastefull manner if he come to it.

However, biological waste management is a feature that I would love to see implemented.
It's one of the very basic, and very important, part of city, and fortress building that is still missing.
"Fece" is a impraical, and arguably distastfull way to put it: fish guts, dead annimals part, food leftover, manure, compost ... could be trated as such an calling them all by they name, treating them specificaly could be tiresome, especially for the computer who would have to treat them as liquids mixing instead as one liquid.

Why must i be implemented? Well, without it, no fortress, no city, will look real if not. Exept of course if the player is somehow pretending it exist but that is bad.

An exemple : untrained Animals in living room --> manure everywere -->stables.
Sewage system only required if you add biological waste. Indoor buchery? Where you guts annimal? Ok But you'd better get the waste out. And while you're at it, better get some soap for the cook. Or not, the epidemy should not be overwhelming. But a bit of colera should be in order if your fortress is really filthy.

"Omg, I'm sure people will start drowning elven in rotting biological waste" or something. Well, did you ever look up the "most evil horrific things you're done" section? Do you realy think this would offend poeple more then what they did in there? Some of them have even left Elves going on ALIVE and UNHARMED!!!

Well, without it, something is missing.

Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 29, 2010, 08:04:42 am »

I definitely want feces.

I would want to dry them and make blocks of them where-after I would build myself a castle of feces. Awesome!

plus a mud/feces hut would have a really cheap rent for the poor dwarfs.
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 29, 2010, 09:05:01 am »

I definitely want feces.

I would want to dry them and make blocks of them where-after I would build myself a castle of feces. Awesome!

plus a mud/feces hut would have a really cheap rent for the poor dwarfs.

Notice; escaped lunatic. First post. Likely a troll by one of the anal-retentive opposition parties. Bring out the death squads, and VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

I've not even remotely followed this thread, because frankly I thought my thread was better. Follow the link in the OP.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 29, 2010, 09:55:25 am »

I meant what I said.

Adding feces would expand the game and make it more interesting.

If somebody want to make their game more boring, just make it so they can turn it of, just don't spoil the fun for the rest of us by being such a nay-sayer.

Seriously some of these guys makes me think of "GET OF MY LAWN! DAMN KIDS!"

Edit: it could also make clay/mud/feces useful. Many places in the world uses feces to create buildings and who wouldn't want a poo castle?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 10:13:21 am by hostergaard »
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 29, 2010, 11:56:25 am »

I'd like to see a better waste management system in place. We already have certain solid and semi-liquid wastes, they get dumped in refuse piles currently. Handling of compost-able waste and such would be nice.

It would be especially cool if "sewer" areas could spawn vermin and minor pests the same way magma does currently.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #292 on: May 29, 2010, 02:59:31 pm »

...who wouldn't want a poo castle?

Evidently quite a few posters in this thread.

That is not the point of this suggesetion, though. This suggestion is about "filth" and "grime", and managing the disposal of those substances.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 29, 2010, 04:38:25 pm »

NO GAME INCLUDES THIS IN IT AS AN ACTUALLY THING TO DEAL WITH.

So retarded.

Id stop playing DF if this was included, and im more obsessed with this game than i was with WoW.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 29, 2010, 05:43:51 pm »

you were obsessed about something as shallow and uninteresting as wow? go back to your mmo's then, let us have unlimited complexity.

and there are games that include this stuff, some of them sold very well, i could enumerate a number of features that DF includes that you can't find in any other game, tough... have you ever seen a game that let's you make rose gold? and create a rose gold statue of your fly detesting mayor surrounded by flies and looking terrified?

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 29, 2010, 07:17:40 pm »

Sim City series.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #296 on: May 29, 2010, 07:41:19 pm »

Sim City series.
Sims 1/2/3

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 29, 2010, 07:50:09 pm »

stronghold's gong pits

immibis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 29, 2010, 08:22:40 pm »

NO GAME INCLUDES VICIOUS CARP IN IT AS AN ACTUALLY[sic] THING TO DEAL WITH EITHER.
If I wanted ramps I would've designated ramps, dammit!

EyeOfNundinate

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you remember the lost Nundinates?
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 29, 2010, 08:48:09 pm »

How does Sims relate to the game?
Askot, infinite complexity doesn't mean more fans, let alone a stable fanbase, nor does it mean that you are not going to cross over the utter bullshit line, therein destroys the general appeal of the game and force Toady to get a job, and slow down production or halt it all together.

Though I may be an escaped lunatic, I may be a renewed member of the old, don't assume anything, weigh your options, and words.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:49:48 pm by EyeOfNundinate »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25