Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you like feces in game

YES! (i would use it)
NO! (i would not use it, and i think it is pointless/unethical/gross etc.)
yes, but i would dissable it if it was an init option (all yes voters are assumed to be for an init option, only vote here if you think it should be included but you would not use it)

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: Feces vote  (Read 44394 times)

Urist McDepravity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feces vote
« Reply #360 on: June 13, 2010, 12:21:34 am »

we don't get our beautiful forums spread with idiots
I can't understand why people worry so much about 'idiots' in a game, which is too hard to average player (and definitely TOO hard for idiot), and is notorious for its learning curve and complex textual interface. Seriously, you believe that textual representation of feces produced by @'s is what every idiot wants?

Only real threat to community is graphics.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 13, 2010, 02:04:21 am »

I say yes as long as we don't get our beautiful forums spread with idiots saying

"hahaha your game has poo in it!!thats funny!i want to drown my dwarfs in poo poo!"
This is no worse than what already appears on the forums.

Yeah, at least it would be mildly funny for a while, unlike the tired catchphrases that pass for humor around here.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #362 on: June 13, 2010, 05:04:55 am »

I can't understand why people worry so much about 'idiots' in a game, which is too hard to average player (and definitely TOO hard for idiot), and is notorious for its learning curve and complex textual interface. Seriously, you believe that textual representation of feces produced by @'s is what every idiot wants?

They worry because an idiot doesn't have to play the game to troll the forums. Not that I think this worry has any merit, just explaining why I think it exists.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 14, 2010, 08:03:11 pm »

How are graphics credit to team threat to community?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 14, 2010, 08:15:11 pm »

I think as we have recently seen, the only real threat to the community are schisms in regard to utilities and programs/games related to DF.

The rest of it is impotent internet nerdrage.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #365 on: June 14, 2010, 08:18:24 pm »

I think as we have recently seen, the only real threat to the community are schisms in regard to utilities and programs/games related to DF.

The rest of it is impotent internet nerdrage.
I'm pretty sure the other stuff is equally impotent as well.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 15, 2010, 02:51:05 am »

How are graphics credit to team threat to community?
he's saying that the lack of graphics is an obstacle for those of mischievous intentions, a filter that only allows people of pure heart into the game and into this community.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 15, 2010, 02:06:45 pm »

Then I hate to break it to you, but DF is already a graphics-based game.

Everything in the interface is made up of graphic tiles taken from a modifiable .bmp or similar graphic file, which people (seemingly including Toady) want to pretend still let it be ASCII text, even though it is simply being arbitrarily confined down to 255 characters, and many aspects of the game's interface hardcoded to specific cells, with the exception of creatures, which get a wider range of graphics options.  (Give us full graphical moddability already, Toady!)

There are already some fairly elaborate graphical interface options available, not the least of which being Stonesense.

In short, we have graphics, and have had it for a while, and the sky didn't fall then, either.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 15, 2010, 02:39:36 pm »

some of us enjoy acii, we're using graphics for logistic reasons, but aesthetically, we enjoy it this way

(Give us a proper digestive tract already, Toady!)
i mean, everybody has their priorities, mine isn't feces, but these are well above further graphical modability. it's up to toady really, not to *you*

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 15, 2010, 04:27:27 pm »

some of us enjoy acii, we're using graphics for logistic reasons, but aesthetically, we enjoy it this way

Which was exactly my point.  People pretend it's an ASCII game just because they want to, but it really isn't.

(Give us a proper digestive tract already, Toady!)
i mean, everybody has their priorities, mine isn't feces, but these are well above further graphical modability. it's up to toady really, not to *you*

Actually, the entire point of the ESV was to let the players have some say over what was or was not a priority, if I'm not mistaken.  If, after all, you did not believe you had any say in it, would you be participating in a suggestions thread for any reason other than possibly simple love of arguing with people for reasons you believe are pointless over the Internet?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 15, 2010, 10:47:25 pm »

Well, there is some interesting discussion going on.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

melon4242

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 16, 2010, 07:47:48 am »

Voted ! not ok .... except diapers are implemented  :D ... no waste time fece implementation, and a new branch of production/cleaning :D

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 17, 2010, 08:13:22 am »

Voted ! not ok .... except diapers are implemented  :D ... no waste time fece implementation, and a new branch of production/cleaning :D

... wat?

Well, diapers would be a part of it that hasn't been mentioned in this thread at all.

We dropped the ball on that one, people.

rex mortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 19, 2010, 10:03:25 am »

I voted yes. Accumulation of waste should be a major obstacle to overcome when an enemy army sieges my fort. When I cannot just dump it outside.

And I want to build proper, functional sewers.
Because death is peaceful and magma is lovely.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]