Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wisdom  (Read 1075 times)

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
Wisdom
« on: April 16, 2010, 03:51:32 am »

I'm curious, how does one reduce wisdom? Gaining Juice?

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
Re: Wisdom
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 04:27:03 am »

As far as I know, wisdom can't be erased. Luckily, it has no real effect until it's near your Heart, so gaining heart through juice negates wisdom increases to some extent. Wisdom gains are also quite easy to avoid mostly.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 07:00:52 am »

UNLESS you go in with only 1 liberal. In which case it's fairly easy to get stunlocked by an Arch-Conservative.

One very interesting thing to do with your LCS members is to send in someone who has high wisdom to a site with Arch-Conservatives, and LET him be conservatised. Then convert him back with music. Then repeat. You'll end up with someone with 19 wisdom and 20 heart... Really good if you want to create someone with high business skill.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 07:58:06 am »

Hrm. See my sig and tell me that it's easy to get stunlocked with just one liberal... however, to be precise, if you run with just one liberal, (s)he probably has a lot of juice if (s)he takes risks that may lead to being stuck with Speaker Conservatives. In which case wisdom gains won't occur, but juice crippling may be hellish too (during my martial artist solo run I lost 500 wisdom during a single raid).

And yeah, I've been thinking about the WIS/HRT conversion pingpong trick. Nice to have confirmation that it actually works.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 09:59:47 am »

But the Conservative targets are random right?

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 11:31:56 am »

Indeed, who the Conservatives target in your squad is ruled by the RNG. However, if you only bring one Liberal to a site, the chance of that Liberal being targeted is 100%.

Anyway, hypothesis following, but it's the only feasible way I can think of to decrease a Liberal's Wisdom; Have him converted to Conservatism while on-site, kidnap him, and pummel him down to 1 Wisdom. That'll also shred his Heart to pieces, but, well, hey. It's a thought. Assuming it'll even actually work.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 12:14:10 pm »

But what's the point of that, Grimith? Considering that the enlightened are IMMUNE to persuasion attacks, you actually BENEFIT from having high wisdom on the enlightened.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 02:07:31 pm »

Indeed, who the Conservatives target in your squad is ruled by the RNG. However, if you only bring one Liberal to a site, the chance of that Liberal being targeted is 100%.

How do you convert said liberal back then?

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 03:03:41 pm »

jasonred79: I merely attempted to provide a scenario in which perhaps you COULD, as convoluted as it sounds, get your Liberal back and lower his Wisdom. But I've never done it; hell, I don't even know if you're able to kidnap a Liberal who's been flipped like that. *shrug* Just going with the guideline of the original post.

Kay12: Naturally, you can't. But you applied my second paragraph unfairly to the first paragraph. The first was being used to address justinlee999's query. The second was me taking a potshot in the dark.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 04:23:33 pm »

(during my martial artist solo run I lost 500 wisdom during a single raid).

WOW, he lost 500 wisdom!  A true liberal indeed! ;)

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 12:50:07 am »

(during my martial artist solo run I lost 500 wisdom during a single raid).

WOW, he lost 500 wisdom!  A true liberal indeed! ;)

Yeah. He also lost potato intelligence which causes him to replace Rolls-Royce with other necrophilia. Boastingly enough, I happen to have the same banana peel.