Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 105

Author Topic: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : accepting help  (Read 155467 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ☢ Wasteland ☢ - mod started (I need testers!)
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 04:15:47 pm »

Actually I thought about removing trainable tokens from dogs and giving it to droids and the most powerful critters like deathclaws only. In the world of Wasteland a war dog lasts only one good shot, so I don't see them as good defenders against Power Armor-clad Enclave with tactical rifles or supermutant army of the Master with miniguns.

Also about 5 minutes ago I saw an army of ghoul dogs literally fly around from my shotgun blasts. So yeah.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MUAHAA THE FRENCH

• Bay Watcher
  • you see my friend, we've both been boiled alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 04:17:44 pm »

i think you would do better to create a unique setting than have enclave and mutant army as factions, unless you want this to be directly within the fallout universe

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 04:23:57 pm »

I want it to be a successor of my previous mod with some changes.

I already plan to go away from the canon with mutants. In Fallout all supermutants were the same; just green hulks. I want to make the mutant army into real Mutants, with additional limbs, heads, arms etc. as castes.

Thus the Enclave may be renamed. Still I want strong enemies which come later and rip you to shreds unless you have elaborate traps, epic marines and robots to protect you.

Also I plan to refresh zombies. With the new disease system, there's no need for the constant paralyze, so they will be manageable, but the disease still will be strong.

So yeah, there will be guys from a vault which is built above infested caverns and a hell, and they trade with desert gunslingers in hats and metal armor and they shoot mutants and zombies. Sounds like a mishmash, but I promise that it will be Fun.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 04:28:31 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

A Dwarven Smokeologist

• Bay Watcher
  • Shortcut to Mushrooms
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 04:30:35 pm »

Ahhh man this hard, should I follow and read every thing about this mod as it progresses ruining some of the mystery...

Or should I wait it out so Deon can keep pumping crazy ideas into it and I can be shocked and brutalized when I load it up...

I think I'll have to try it out when I get home from work for a little bit at least :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 04:42:02 pm »

There's nothing yet, sorry, Smoke :).

I mean, in the test version, there's a single entity with rifles. I want people to test the current bullet damage and say their thoughts. I've just started it today (well, not the sprites, those were drawn earlier).

I have a version which has much more stuff right now but I won't release it until it's at least somethow "complete", for the reason you've mentioned above.

Also this thread helps me to get more encourangment for spending my time and gives some nice ideas :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 04:42:25 pm »

Amazing mod Deon, great fun. I started out in a Archipelago world with the only other civilization where goblins. I start out with all my points (except 2 which I put into Dodge) into Crossbow. Bullets actually hurt people! I started out by going to the Dark Fortress and hitting a goblin cook in the face with the butt of my rifle, while he was stunned I run back five steps and shoot him. Lucky hit! It tears his heart, as he falls I shoot him again for good measure. I run to the entrance of a tower and three more gobbies run out, I shoot them all before they get to me, broken limbs for all but one whose juggaler got cut. I kill the remaining ones and get he name "Roland Youthlash the Passionate Butcher" Probably the coolest name ive ever gotten. Im off to kill more gobbies! I eagerly await the next installment!
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 04:47:05 pm »

The next installment will probably be tomorrow, I need to finish graphics and add items for the current races.

I've already dumped humans, dwarves and elves for the sake of vault dwellers, wastelanders and ghouls, but the mutants give me a pain. I try to make a lot of different bodies with various abilities, and it requires a lot of testing...

I am really happy that you enjoy the bullets.

The only thing I wish you could try is to wear a defender armor on top of your security west and get a shot at your chest.
If my calculations are right, it should bounce off in 5 out of 6 cases or like that, but I am sure there're some other factors (I love crazy Toady's formulas) which would break it.

So the main issue I want to know is how well is full armor (means [security armor + power suit] or [leather jacket + defender armor] for wastelanders, although this combo is weaker) is against a shot in your chest.

Also notice that a single "Power armor" covers your whole body, upper arms and  whole legs (without feet though).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 04:49:18 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 05:04:51 pm »

Just shot a goblin maceman in the head, went through the "metal helm" and killed him instantly. Fuck Yeah! Just got killed, Elite Crossbow Woman on top of a hill shot me in the head stunning me which gave her time to break both of my arms with her bullets. Got knocked unconscious and raped by the resident Racoon Demon. The she was shooting bullets out of her cross bow which surprised me.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 05:09:51 pm by Huesoo »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 05:30:17 pm »

Actually I thought about removing trainable tokens from dogs and giving it to droids and the most powerful critters like deathclaws only. In the world of Wasteland a war dog lasts only one good shot, so I don't see them as good defenders against Power Armor-clad Enclave with tactical rifles or supermutant army of the Master with miniguns.

Also about 5 minutes ago I saw an army of ghoul dogs literally fly around from my shotgun blasts. So yeah.

But what about Dogmeat?  :'(
Granted, he usually died early on, but it shows that training dogs is tradition!  Course, maybe the Dungeon Master can train dogs even if they are not trainable, I do not know.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 05:43:19 pm »

I don't say that I do it. I just think out loud.

You're right, dogs still can be useful, because even while they die they help to protect your people, and they are nice to hunt smaller prey.

And Dogmeat... Dogmeat forever.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 05:49:54 pm »

And Dogmeat... Dogmeat forever.

I agree. Its my favorite meat.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MUAHAA THE FRENCH

• Bay Watcher
  • you see my friend, we've both been boiled alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 06:03:05 pm »

hey, would it be possible to essentially mod out the vanilla buildings by changing entity definitions so that, for example, granite is no longer recognized as a building component?

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 06:27:12 pm »

If you made several sets of gun/ammo set ups with different numbers and then made different units equipped with a set you could pit a few groups against each other in the corners of the arena and then just go make a sandwich or something and tally up the results. Ten repeat trials wouldn't take all that long and by then you'd have a decent data set.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 06:39:59 pm »

The problem is, DF doesn't work like that.

At first, arena handles things much differently.

Second thing is that with the Toady's formula complexity it would take a thousand results to get the right "statistics".

Third thing, I want real people's opinions and suggestions. I play and test things in arena a lot, but it won't make me to think differently, and fresh thoughts are always good.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Shima

• Bay Watcher
  • Time to go fishing, lads.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 10:28:16 pm »

Just shot a goblin maceman in the head, went through the "metal helm" and killed him instantly. Fuck Yeah! Just got killed, Elite Crossbow Woman on top of a hill shot me in the head stunning me which gave her time to break both of my arms with her bullets. Got knocked unconscious and raped by the resident Racoon Demon. The she was shooting bullets out of her cross bow which surprised me.

Sounds like you've had more progress with the bullets than I have.  Deon, you mind if I take a look at and build off of the stats you've put in for them?
(giant worm leather coat)
Weight: 718238Γ
Owner: Udil Evonudil, Planter

Oh Armok, the spice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 105