Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105

Author Topic: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : accepting help  (Read 155470 times)

joeybowling

• Bay Watcher
  • KoboldKing
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : test the new world map please
« Reply #1530 on: February 20, 2012, 01:23:37 am »

Thanks for all your hard work

this is a Spectacular mod
Slaying elves since the dawn of time

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 21, 2012, 01:05:32 pm »

I really need to go through all the new material...I tried tweaking up the robots...and am completely lost...it doesn't help that I have been modding skyrim for the last couple of months, and am completely out of the dorfy mindset.

...however...Deon is a freaking genius, and can do what takes me a week in 5 seconds.

magikmw

• Bay Watcher
  • angryface
    • View Profile
    • Blog/links
« Reply #1532 on: February 29, 2012, 02:54:12 am »

Posting in anticipation for a new version :]
Oh, hai.

burchalka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: March 12, 2012, 05:16:42 pm »

I too, am eager to try this out with the new version.
PTW.

Exlo

• Bay Watcher
  • Retirement homes are for lobsters!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: March 12, 2012, 05:52:22 pm »

Are you working on a few different mods right now, Deon, or is your attention currently just focused on Wasteland? And another question, how goes the work on it? I can hardly wait. :D
Clearly, this represents six side-by-side wheelbarrows, as indicated by the right half of the icon.  The left half indicates they are carrying babies with hats in these wheelbarrows.

Presumably, they are lining up to dump them into the baby furnaces.

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: March 23, 2012, 06:37:44 pm »

Let me start by saying that, Deon, your mods are my absolute favorites and I can barely ever bring myself to play Dwarf Fortress anymore without Genesis or Wasteland.  That said, is what I've been hearing true:  have you been focused on bringing Wasteland up to the most recent edition?  Will you retain the new vampires?  Care to give us a sneak peek as to how you will (or won't) incorporate them?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: March 30, 2012, 02:31:29 am »

Allright guys, I REALLY want to push this out as soon as possible, but my job takes a lot of my time, most of it.

The most important part now is to populate the world with creatures. I've already made entities and items for them, so now it's the workshops and creatures which need to be done.

So this is the list of creatures which are ported/created and fully work:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I accept suggestions and if someone would like to donate any appropriate creatures (they should not be from Fallout only, any fictional creatures which suit the setting should work) it would help me greatly.

I hope I find helpers here, and even if not, I will eventually do it.

Jonveck: I didn't decide which way I should go with vampires yet. I have ideas but they are unfinished.

Regarding the new stuff, I already have radiation clouds and radioactive rain, so that stuff works.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:33:03 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : accepting help
« Reply #1537 on: March 30, 2012, 10:36:14 am »

Ah crap...I said I was going to do the robots, didn't I...Really need to get on that...especially now that you can convert regular dogs to robodogs.  The only non-fallout robot I did was the claptrap...anyone know of any unique robots that would be good for the wasteland?

Ooh!  I just remembered the little flying trashcan guys from Black Hole!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: March 30, 2012, 12:37:34 pm »

I plan to have metallic robots with easy to shatter sensors/control panels/fuel cables for a possibility to kill them. If you could work on that, it would be great.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: March 30, 2012, 01:45:35 pm »

yeah...the old robots were a bit indestructible...I can definitely refit some of the older ones with more weak points...and add a fuel/electric system to the already established simple hydraulics most had.  Would it be possible to make a bodypart that when damaged added some kind of berserk syndrome? 

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: March 30, 2012, 01:52:28 pm »

I plan to have metallic robots with easy to shatter sensors/control panels/fuel cables for a possibility to kill them. If you could work on that, it would be great.

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:CONTROL_MODULE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE]
   [ADD_TISSUE:CONTROL_MODULE:CONTROL_MODULE_TEMPLATE]

[BODY:CONTROL_MODULE]
   [BP:CONTROL_MODULE:control module:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][THOUGHT][INTERNAL][SMALL][CATEGORY:BRAIN]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:100]

[TISSUE_TEMPLATE:CONTROL_MODULE_TEMPLATE]
   [TISSUE_NAME:control module:control modules]
   [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:COPPER]
   [FUNCTIONAL]
   [STRUCTURAL]
   [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
   [CONNECTS]
   [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

I've used these for a while now with LFR's damascus sentinels.  Feel free to take and/or modify it for your needs.  When hit, it "chips" or "shatters," causing death.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: March 30, 2012, 02:47:01 pm »

A thing came up somewhere about how you could presumably make a creature that turns into itself vi interaction, hence a regenerating creature. Ghost People, then, could be doable in there not-dead-until-you-remove-the-head deal.

Another thing are Cyborgs. A "base" one would probably have pure metal limbs, with reinforced organs and possibly plated skin. A "Insane Cyborg" would be a treat in evil places, along with the Y-17 trauma harnesses. Ghouled ones would spice up there (Ghouls) ranks as well. Also, this also open up posibilites for actual cyberdogs.

Trogs are also spreadable now. Prepare for your fort to become a home for degenerate, savage hostiles that loose most of there ability to learn and use weapons.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: March 30, 2012, 03:34:26 pm »

The current goal is a low-tech mod. I will add more complex stuff like autodocs changing personality, cyborgs and things like that later. But yeah, the idea is good. I have not played that DLC/expansion so I don't know about Ghost People much, but I will learn it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: March 30, 2012, 05:16:44 pm »

Hurr durr, .07 is out already. I should try to make it faster.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: March 30, 2012, 09:20:34 pm »

Ghost People are essentially people in concealed suit which cannot be taken off, and got hediously mutated by the toxic gas they inhaled. depending on the progress of degeneration of their body, their physical attribute varies. Although they are usually really slow, they can deal horrid damage up close. There are several variants, such as harvesters, trappers, and seekers. Combined with their tendency to roam in groups, they can pose a serious threat. Also, they are known to be hard to kill. Even if you bring one down, say, by introducing a few lead bullets to their face, it will -somehow- repair itself and the suit, making them semi invulnerable to conventional weapons. The only way to truely kill one is to cut off their limbs. That way, the suit will depressurize, and the chemical toxin trapped inside the suit will disperse, causing the body to sieze function.

Well, that's what I know about the Ghost People
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:36:08 pm by fred1248 »
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105