Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [Community Burrows] Enolral  (Read 5533 times)

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Enolral (Community Burrow Fort)
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 04:10:50 pm »

Once Ms. Potato's Bridge is erected, enable me for mechanics and build creature trigger able pressure plates, 3 of them at the north end of the bridge.  Then link them to the bridge.

All creatures set off the pressure plate, citizens do not.

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 07:43:13 pm »

in the ini file, you can find the lines that say this
[STORE_DIST_ITEM_DECREASE:20]
[STORE_DIST_SEED_COMBINE:1000]
[STORE_DIST_BUCKET_COMBINE:1000]
[STORE_DIST_BARREL_COMBINE:1000]
[STORE_DIST_BIN_COMBINE:1000]

which basically means that say you have a barrel with seeds in it, it will seem 1000 tiles closer to the dwarf. this i believe is the root of the problem, the dwarf wants to put something in a barrel, but it cant path to it. if you set these numbers very low(like say 2 for the top one and 4 for the other ones, it seems to help. i still got spamed because the dwarfs that were spamming it had no barrels, but i do believe that it helped the dwarfs that did have barrels.

you can name my dwarf Thor. at first he should set up a small underground cave home near the magma sea, with a small field of plump helmets. once he has a stable food supply, he/she should dig out a small cavern on the magma sea and build his metal fortress there.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 08:01:22 pm »

Can I get a miner/metal industry, preferably male, named Bob either way.

And can s/he take over the area previously known as 'communism' + the piece of mountain cut by the brook?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 08:05:16 pm by techno65535 »
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 09:14:07 pm »

Quote from: derekiv link=topic=54603.msg1180754#msg1180754
  I dug down to rock for some rooms for you and Captain, and I struck gold. Should I still build the rooms in the tunnel?
No, gold rooms are good!  Thanks!
Clarification: One room has two tiles of gold wall; I'll dig the tunnel to Gaxkang, and if I hit gold, I'll build the rooms there. Else, I'll dig out the vein and put the rooms there.

~help~
you can name my dwarf Thor. at first he should set up a small underground cave home near the magma sea, with a small field of plump helmets. once he has a stable food supply, he/she should dig out a small cavern on the magma sea and build his metal fortress there.

Thanks for the help, I'll dwarf you asap.
Can I get a miner/metal industry, preferably male, named Bob either way.

And can s/he take over the area previously known as 'communism' + the piece of mountain cut by the brook?

Check, will be dwarfed asap.
Once Ms. Potato's Bridge is erected, enable me for mechanics and build creature trigger able pressure plates, 3 of them at the north end of the bridge.  Then link them to the bridge.

All creatures set off the pressure plate, citizens do not.
Is that a euphemism? If not, I'll get to work on it. :p

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 09:25:02 pm »

Cool, actually have some plans for that piece of mountain. But first, some orders for him/her.

1. collect some wood, either stealing, or chopping by self.
2. remove most of the ramps around that piece of mountain.
3. expand living area and try and start a farm on top of the piece of mountain (really need a better name for that...)
4. learn to make mechanisms, pumps, and waterwheels.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 10:32:44 pm »

Can you make POI with the different burrows? I don't know which is mine.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 10:52:11 pm »

There's already POI of them.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 10:56:22 pm »

Okay, I somehow manage to skip that the last time.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
  • Right in the goddamn FACE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2010, 11:20:31 pm »

I'm also stealing that gold which is north of Broccoli's fortress.  Just ten of it.

Nooo! My gold!
Eh, it's not like I had any metalsmithing or whatever...

Anyway, the fort's looking good! I can't help but notice I'm in the middle of a microcline cluster. Order my dwarf to pave the floor on the other side of the river with it and decorate my entrance with microcline statues.
I appear to be one of those silly people who actually like microcline...
If sad, apply kittens.

derekiv

• Bay Watcher
  • The smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2010, 09:13:09 pm »

Oh god, this got hard. Now that I have the 8 burrows there is so much cancellation spam that I spend half the time slapping the dwarves over the head to get them to drop what they're trying to carry. The updates won't be as frequent, and I can't accept any new players for now, but I will try to continue this fortress.

melkorp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Community Burrows] Enolral
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2010, 07:05:56 am »

Yeah, this sounded hard, but it's a great idea
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...It should be pretty fun though.

64-bit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2010, 08:52:18 pm »

the worst part about that spam is, that once they realize they cant get somewhere, a few frames later they try and path again, which eats up your frame rate. i had one dwarf doing this, and it brought my fps down to about 40. with 16 dwarfs. on a relativity fast computer. i think i am going to do some science with burros, to figure out the silly qwerks and stuff.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2010, 11:38:55 am »

If the spam is for barrels/bins, why not give each burrow a 'pet' dwarf, who does nothing but take care of getting the things into the burrow/made that is causing the cancel spam?

Stik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2010, 04:17:52 pm »

If possible can i have a swords dwarf with anything  other then wood or bronze sword, il wait as long as needed, and i will join under anyone who accepts me.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 04:23:21 pm »

If possible can i have a swords dwarf with anything  other then wood or bronze sword, il wait as long as needed, and i will join under anyone who accepts me.
I could use a trained sword.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4