Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Skulking Ambushers

(1/3) > >>

katyrnyn:
I'm certainly not new to this game, but something that just happened outside my "contained" fort is new to me.  I've had Northgates, my 31.03 fort, in lockdown for a couple of years now as I work on my entrance defenses (that involve lots of water and quite a few moving parts).  I was going to let the an array of cage and weapon traps deal with most ambushers and invaders, but that's not as effective as it used to be, and I had a squad manage to push it's way into the fort and cause trouble.  The fort is perfectly capable of supporting itself, and even has a large livestock industry going to supply meat and leather, so I decided to wall off the fort from the world until my complex defenses were complete.

As such, it has become perfectly normal to let the trade caravans wait it out on the edge of the map, and eventually they give up and go home.  At least until now, when the Human Merchants were attacked by a squad of  Kobold Spearmen ambushers, instead of the usual goblin ambushers.  I have no idea what civilization they belong to, whether they are conquered goblin thralls or are acting of their own kobold greed and volition, but to me this is just plain cool.

So while others are excited by Spoiler (click to show/hide) thousands of new and different demons, <redacted>s, and the new HFS, I'm more impressed by my new kobold ambushers.

It's the simple things that matter.  :)

FreakyCheeseMan:
That smells suspiciously like wisdom. Which,  as we  both know, is  undwarvenly.
Consider yourself warned.

Acanthus117:
Eh, no need for spoilers there, missy.

Also, awesome! 'bolds grew a pair.

alexandertnt:
According to the dwarf fortress wiki, kobold ambushes were entirely possible in 40d. I can only assume they still are in 31.03

Although i have never been ambushed/sieged by kobolds yet

Jacob/Lee:

--- Quote from: Acanthus117 on April 16, 2010, 09:59:58 pm ---Eh, no need for spoilers there, missy.

Also, awesome! 'bolds grew a pair.

--- End quote ---
Proven Fact: Kobolds grow a pair as soon as they steal something worth more than dirt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version