Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Just noticed...

(1/2) > >>

Ilmoran:
So a while ago, I ended up getting/making the name "The Glacial Age of Funerals" for my fortress, and decided to stick with it.

Today, I just noticed that my fort was established by the treaty of "The Lure of Frosty Urns".

Classic.  ;D

bmaczero:
All slain dwarves must be cremated and then encased in ice.

Ilmoran:

--- Quote from: bmaczero on April 16, 2010, 10:03:21 pm ---All slain dwarves must be cremated and then encased in ice.

--- End quote ---

Well, I've skipped the cremated step:

My embark is at the head of a brook, and the temperate map freezes in/around winter.  I've discovered there are tiles that are marked as "River Source" when the water isn't frozen.  But when it freezes, they are indistinguishable from normal frozen walls.  Except that when you dig them out, they immediately fill and refreeze...

Well... almost immediately.  While digging out the brook from underneath to create my ice skating rink (I have a "surface" farm 1 z level down covered over by constructed ice floor), two of my miners managed to dig out river source tiles, and jump in before they refroze.

I never knew there was a death message for being frozen solid...

FreakyCheeseMan:

--- Quote from: bmaczero on April 16, 2010, 10:03:21 pm ---All slain dwarves must be cremated and then encased in ice.

--- End quote ---

I did the freezing thing once, on a glacial map named Heart of Ice- aptly named, as the construction I ended up making to get water resembled a two-chambered heart, with magma flowing into the upper one to thaw water in the lower one, which could be run  off to provide my fortresses drinking and irrigating  water. Since the glacial map only had dwarven trade partners, which made importing alcohol insufficient quantities impossible, the Heart was also the most crucial part of my fortress, surpassing even *gasp* the still. For this reason I decided that dead dwarves should be entombed there during the "empty" cycle, thus cementing the ancestors and their place at the living core of my fort.

Unfortunately, it turned out that ice destroyed tombs, and the coming thaw left lots of rotting dwarf bits to be swept out into the drinking water.

NoctisVampire:

--- Quote ---Unfortunately, it turned out that ice destroyed tombs, and the coming thaw left lots of rotting dwarf bits to be swept out into the drinking water.

--- End quote ---
"The water tasted strange lately isn't it?"
"Yeah...tastes like...something dwarfy..."
(And I love random generator sometimes...truly :P)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version