Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Always have blue arrows downwardsduring start

(1/4) > >>

Savako:
It seems everytime I add lots of points to certain skills during the start when preparing or adding loads of items with tsearch eventually my dwarves, kobolds or w/e seem to be very very nervous or depressed and only gets worse. With my dwarves in 3.1.03 1 gone beserk within 30min of gameplay and another left the camp entirely both were part of the 7 starting dwarves. Most of them were grey, blue, or red down arrows as well. I had beds and accomadtions for most of their skills. Would anything specificaly cause this to happen? Maybe certain skills arent good to raise during the start??

Kadzar:
A blue downward arrow flashing across a dwarf means he's thirsty.

Savako:
Which is wonderful but other things such as being drowzy or moody seems to happen more then it should especially since ive played 11 different area on dwarf fortress with the last 3 being the problems since theyre the ones I prepared for and raised certain skills such as flattery or persuader.

AncientEnemy:
One of the issues with the 31.0x versions is that dwarves will now continue working even if they're hungry/thirsty/drowsy, and will only take a break once there is nothing else to do. so if you set a huge area to be mined out, your miner will keep working until he's exhausted/starving/dehydrated (i've even heard tell of dwarves working themselves to death). this in turn will make them very unhappy. hopefully this will be fixed soon, but try to manually give your dwarves breaks if they're working at a job and flashing one of those arrows

Savako:
Would there be a fast way to do this without cancelling contruction lists or mining designations? Would going to "u" menu then "r" to cause selected unit to be inactive?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version