Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Syndrome blood  (Read 2052 times)

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Syndrome blood
« on: March 07, 2012, 01:33:11 am »

I understand how syndromes work, but how do I make a creature with poisonous blood?

I'm not certain what to do that still allows the blood to count as blood.

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Syndrome blood
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 02:25:39 am »

I'm currently working on the same thing, and as far as I can tell, all you have to do is use a different material in the [BLOOD] tag.

For instance, here's a caste definition I'm using that gives a particular caste gaseous blood that causes bleeding from the skin in all creatures, and more intense full-body bleeding in the caste in question:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I copied that pretty directly from iron man gas, so I'm sure it could be designed better if done from scratch.

Here's the full creature definition, in case you want to test it out yourself (note that it's a work in progress):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As an aside, caste-specific blood is actually doable :). I've got two castes using gaseous blood that causes nausea and blisters, and a third caste with gaseous blood that causes bleeding.

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 04:07:40 am »

Thanks, that worked.

TheLinguist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 04:19:35 am »

Sure thing :).

Although, further testing on my part indicates that you just need to add the relevant syndrome tokens right after [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE], if you just want normal syndrome-bearing blood. So, if that's what you're after, you can slim down the definition a little.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 07:25:32 am »

If you're interested in renaming and recoloring blood at creature level, you might as well copy everything inside the material templates in that material definition txt file, paste it on your creature and edit things from there.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.