Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: raw tile selector 1.03 & raw tile merger 0.3  (Read 53054 times)

hermano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: raw tile selector 0.61 & raw tile merger 0.21
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2010, 05:43:15 pm »

hermano! It IS really nicer now. Some tiles of tileset are still shifted/moved by 1 pixel from original, but looks much better. Thank you for corrections in program you've done.

Also, if you have a time and inspiration, you can do some improvements, for example - ability to use colour scheme from init.txt - then tiles will appear the same color as in the game ^^)

Thanks. I forgot to change the positions of lines in the last update (the raster on the tileset is just drawn in front of the texture). I can't really see the lines well on the 8 year old notebook I'm working on in the moment, so there will probably be more problems with lines (selection boxes I suppose)...

You can now copy your init.txt to the programs folder, the color data in there will be used then.
The selected tile will be drawn semitransparent at 2x size. Although this might not be the best solution I still like it better than the magenta box that was used before.

I doubt that I will have much time to change much about the tool in the coming weeks. Still, post your ideas, I might implement things that take just a few minutes to write up and will have a look at other stuff later.

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
Re: raw tile selector 0.63 & raw tile merger 0.21
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2010, 06:43:05 pm »

I posted a new tileset with the awesome mushroom tile, if you want to play with it. = P

hermano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: raw tile selector 0.61 & raw tile merger 0.21
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2010, 04:28:02 am »

hermano! It IS really nicer now. Some tiles of tileset are still shifted/moved by 1 pixel from original, but looks much better. Thank you for corrections in program you've done.

You were right, I had a look at the program on a decent computer and it was quite obvious. I had already changed that before, but somehow undid the changes again, so I did not even look at that :) .
It will be corrected then in the next version, as will the linegrid. I'll wait before I upload it though, it's just a too minor change, I think.

Edit: Brought the raw tile merger up to date. It uses the definitions now, too.

Another edit: It seems to work fine on vista, too. After fixing the lines I'll call it 1.0 and probably leave it alone for now.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 10:18:00 am by hermano »

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
Re: raw tile selector 1.0 & raw tile merger 0.3
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2010, 11:40:20 am »

Me again.

So I did some hand-modding of my files (added a sapling_tile to some trees) and the sapling_tile flag didn't read into the editor...
I'm not sure why that was the case. I think it works in-game, and it reads the colors fine, but it doesn't think there's a tile flag.

Just thought I'd bring it up. Even with that bug (which might be my own fault), this is still the coolest thing since peeled kittens.

Keep it up!

hermano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2010, 01:17:11 pm »

Me again.

So I did some hand-modding of my files (added a sapling_tile to some trees) and the sapling_tile flag didn't read into the editor...
I'm not sure why that was the case. I think it works in-game, and it reads the colors fine, but it doesn't think there's a tile flag.

Just thought I'd bring it up. Even with that bug (which might be my own fault), this is still the coolest thing since peeled kittens.

Keep it up!

Did you add a tag for that tile in the definitions.txt ?
Should look somewhat like this, I suppose:

[TILEDATA:SAPLING_TILE:SAPLING_COLOR]

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2010, 02:19:48 pm »

Sweet! Thanks.

You're the dwarf.

Vince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2010, 06:03:02 am »

The Selector tool crashed for me without an error message.
Now I reinstalled it and chose the "raw/objects" folder instead of the "raw" folder. Now it works!
I feel so dumb now!
Great program!

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2010, 02:55:46 pm »

Dear hermano
Your applications are saving myself hours of work, for which I am eternally grateful. I tried distributing the raw tile merger together with a set of graphics so that everyone can update their DF when a new version is released. Sadly, I'm getting numerous reports of user errors. Would you be up to expending it with functionality for automatic patching of DF?
If so, here's what I think would be the best way to do it:

-copy the modded content into the merger folder (this would be done by the modder, not the user, so the modder would distribute Merger with a set of raws). The content would be:
/raw/
/data/art/tileset.png - any name
/data/init/colors.txt

-open the merger
-enter the path to your DF folder
At this point the application displays a list with checkboxes- one for the main raw folder and one for every save folder there is. You can chose which folders to patch.
-enter the resolution at which you want to play
-choose which elements to patch (raws, graphics, tileset, colours).
-Patch!
I think that's it...?
<3

hermano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2010, 03:31:37 pm »

Hey Mike,
sounds like a neat idea. Sadly I won't have time on my hands for the next few weeks. I'll have a look then.

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2010, 03:53:18 pm »

Great! Looking forward to it. Good luck with whatever you're up to in the meantime ^_^
<3

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2010, 05:56:48 pm »

Couple of things from the wiki regarding foreground/background colour you may want to take into account for future versions :)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit 2: I've found a little bug - Quite often it's impossible to select the last row of a list!

Also because bright background colours are possible, RTS gets a bit confused when they are set in a raw file it loads.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 06:15:50 pm by WormSlayer »

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2010, 07:34:05 am »

Hola hermano!
Tengo un problema...

I know you've sort of written this project off,
but I would be eternally grateful if you'd pick it up
just one more time and switch it to true-type ouput
instead of using the tileset to display letters...

Because now that we've got ttfs, I went and took all the letters out of my tileset...

...would it help if I groveled?

hermano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2010, 02:28:49 am »

Couple of things from the wiki regarding foreground/background colour you may want to take into account for future versions :)
[...]

Edit 2: I've found a little bug - Quite often it's impossible to select the last row of a list!

Also because bright background colours are possible, RTS gets a bit confused when they are set in a raw file it loads.
I could not reproduce the end of list bug, although I remember it beeing there in an older version, but I'm right supposing you are using 1.0?
I added support for 16 background colors.

I know you've sort of written this project off,
but I would be eternally grateful if you'd pick it up
just one more time and switch it to true-type ouput
instead of using the tileset to display letters...

Because now that we've got ttfs, I went and took all the letters out of my tileset...
The project is not really written off, it's more on a hold. I'll try to keep it in a usable state.
I implemented a quick fix for the character display. A second tileset will be used for characters now, so you can work on tilesets without characters.

You can change the displayed background color for the whole tileset (when using png transparency) by pressing 't'.

Lord Aldrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: raw tile selector 1.02 & raw tile merger 0.3
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2010, 01:08:56 am »

Hey, I don't make tile-sets, I just mash together other people's work, but I wanted to say thanks, this is a fabulous tool!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: raw tile selector 1.03 & raw tile merger 0.3
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2010, 01:09:27 pm »

It looks like this tool has its own hardcoded font for displaying all of the text, and when I fed it my usual 9x16 font it was very difficult to read.
An option to configure the palette (or, better yet, read the palette from Dwarf Fortress's own configuration files) would also be nice.

There's some other oddities as well with the tree types - notably, the underground trees show a bunch of square block tiles to the right which are presumably meant to be the "dead", "sapling", and "dead sapling" tiles not being defaulted properly to 198/231/231 (╞/τ/τ).

Mined stones aren't being shown in the proper color - they should use the material's BASIC_COLOR. Glowing eyes (goblin, kobold, and blizzard man) are similarly missing their colors (specified via GLOWCOLOR).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 01:18:03 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5