Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: raw tile selector 1.03 & raw tile merger 0.3  (Read 53053 times)

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
Re: raw tile selector 1.03 & raw tile merger 0.3
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2010, 03:04:17 pm »

Have another begging urging plead from me too.

ttf Text and custom color palette would be awesome.

:D

hermano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2010, 04:32:26 pm »

It looks like this tool has its own hardcoded font for displaying all of the text, and when I fed it my usual 9x16 font it was very difficult to read.
An option to configure the palette (or, better yet, read the palette from Dwarf Fortress's own configuration files) would also be nice.
Due to the possibility to use ttf-fonts in the game now tilesets without characters may be possible. Thus another tileset is currently used for text. Edit 'config.txt' and copy the path value from '[TILESET:...]' to '[CHARSET:...], then the letters of your tileset will be used.
You can also use a custom palette. Copy your 'colors.txt' file to the application folder and rename it to 'init.txt' (older versions had the color settings in init.txt, as you probably know, this was not updated yet).

There's some other oddities as well with the tree types - notably, the underground trees show a bunch of square block tiles to the right which are presumably meant to be the "dead", "sapling", and "dead sapling" tiles not being defaulted properly to 198/231/231 (╞/τ/τ).
Have a look at the 'Token' string in the lower portion of the interface, this will tell you which token your are currently editing. The boxes are used to represent color values (e.g. 'DEAD_TREE_COLOR'). The smaller square is foreground color, sorrounded by the background color. If 'DEAD_TREE_TILE' for the object is defined for the plant its tile will be shown instead. They are missing in the raw files for underground trees (except for blood thorne), so only the color can be changed.

Mined stones aren't being shown in the proper color - they should use the material's BASIC_COLOR.
As the 'TILE' and 'ITEM_SYMBOL' use the same color and the color can already be edited for the 'TILE' value, there is no color shown for the 'ITEM_SYMBOL'. Otherwise two different color values might be selected by the user for the same 'DISPLAY_COLOR' token of the mineral.
Which object tokens are shown in the application and which color tokens are associated with them is defined in the 'definitions.txt' file. You could replace [TILEDATA:ITEM_SYMBOL:] with [TILEDATA:ITEM_SYMBOL:DISPLAY_COLOR] if you prefer that. In this case the color values associated with the symbol will be saved as DISPLAY_COLOR token.

Glowing eyes (goblin, kobold, and blizzard man) are similarly missing their colors (specified via GLOWCOLOR).
I did not know that. You can resolve this by opening 'definitions.txt' and replacing [TILEDATA:GLOWTILE:] with [TILEDATA:GLOWTILE:GLOWCOLOR], then.

Have another begging urging plead from me too.

ttf Text and custom color palette would be awesome.

:D
I don't plan to add ttf-support for now, sorry Ironhand. There are lots of applications that allow you to have a look at your font.
You can already change the color palette (see above) - you'll probably still have an old init.txt with your color settings, you might just copy that to the application folder. Unless you meant the color of text elements, these are still hardcoded. As I'm currently far away from the computer with the source code, I can't change anything about it, sorry.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 01:14:15 pm by hermano »

Ironhand

• Bay Watcher
  • the llama is laughing
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2010, 05:42:28 pm »

Oh, yay!

No, that's lovely.

Thanks!  = D

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2010, 01:44:57 pm »

Something's wrong with the text being displayed along the left (object names) and near the bottom ("Tokens:" list and any [INFO] stuff) - it's all being squished horizontally to 5-6 pixels, and configuring [FIXED_SIZE:9:16] doesn't seem to fix it. By comparison, other text displayed (the scrollbars, the raw filename, the "Save"/"Save all" buttons, and the Clipboard line at the bottom) shows up correctly.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 01:58:56 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

hermano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2010, 03:23:15 pm »

Something's wrong with the text being displayed along the left (object names) and near the bottom ("Tokens:" list and any [INFO] stuff) - it's all being squished horizontally to 5-6 pixels, and configuring [FIXED_SIZE:9:16] doesn't seem to fix it. By comparison, other text displayed (the scrollbars, the raw filename, the "Save"/"Save all" buttons, and the Clipboard line at the bottom) shows up correctly.

The width of those texts is reduced to 60% to fit in more characters. You are the first to use the program with a tileset smaller than 16x16 so its the first time this poses a problem. I'll make the textshrinking optional when I get to work on the program again. I cannot say how soon that will be, however. In the meantime try if using the standard charset and selecting a fixed tile size of 16x16 in the config settings works better. Your tiles will be stretched but it might be good enough to work with.

WormSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WormSlayer.com
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2011, 01:26:58 am »

IF you get around to fiddling with this awesome little app again, I'm still having trouble selecting, by clicking the mouse, the last item on a page. Only really a problem for things that use more than one tile. (Is it possible to select the secondary tile using keys?)

Also still sometimes sets the odd background colour to black on load, seemingly at random on.

Also a small feature request: A way to re-load the tile sheets without quitting and restarting RTS? :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:24:35 pm by WormSlayer »

Cubittus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL][FLASHES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2011, 12:47:51 am »

I've been using this awesome tool a lot lately to tweak my tileset.  I think I've found a bug that occurs during loading of the RAWs.
I hope hermano is still around and able to find an opportunity to fix it.   :)

If a color entry has a background color of 10-15 (bright green/cyan/red/magenta/yellow/white) then the brightness of the foreground is lost.

For example set a tile to be colored as bright yellow on bright red and save.  The following is written to the raw file:
[DISPLAY_COLOR:6:12:1]
This is correct.

But, when you quit and reload, the tile is shown as brown (non-bright yellow) on bright red.  Clicking on save again (without changing anything) results in the following:
[DISPLAY_COLOR:6:12:0]
This is wrong - the brightness has been lost.

It's worth noting that this does not occur with a background of dark-gray (bright-black) or bright-blue - colors 8 and 9.
Could it be the string parsing during color reading is always assuming that the background color is 1 digit long (0-9) and therefore not correctly indexing the position of the foreground brightness flag (0 or 1) that comes after it?

Cave Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2011, 09:27:14 am »

Does anybody uses a raw_tile_selector for setup Genesis tileset?
I tried it but i have a many crashes, because wrong definitions.txt file. I need to adapt this file for Genesis mode, but I can`t.
I have wrote this and some files a availiable now.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But not all and this is not enough. Can you give me your text, or a file definitions.txt of raw_tile_selector for Genesis 3.25i if you use this program.
Thank you!

Cave Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2011, 09:31:59 am »

del
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:47:44 am by Cave Man »

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2012, 01:24:18 pm »

Does anybody happen to know how to contact Hermano?

Maybe he's got email notifications for this thread...
Or maybe saying his name thrice summons him!

HERMANO HERMANO HERMANO!
<3
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]