Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Talk #8: Feedback  (Read 54091 times)

Lord Herman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Talk #8: Feedback
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2010, 03:09:35 am »

Any news on the DF Talk front? I'm looking forward to hearing another episode, but I can of course understand if all involved are still too busy at the moment.

Rainseeker

• Bay Watcher
  • Listening to Toady make trumpet sounds since 2009!
    • View Profile
    • Rattown Stories
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2010, 11:06:20 am »

Any news on the DF Talk front? I'm looking forward to hearing another episode, but I can of course understand if all involved are still too busy at the moment.

Yeah, it'll be soon.  There are some changes coming to DF Talk, just to bring the news:  I won't be editing anymore.  In the past 3 months there have been a ton of personal changes, including the loss of a job and the search for a new one.  Toady has graciously agreed to take over the editing, so you can look forward to that.  I'll still be helping with hosting duties otherwise, so people may not notice that much of a change.  I may go back to editing when things settle down, but one can never be sure.   :-\

I sure hope everyone enjoyed my editing!
Rainseeker writes comics!  http://rattownstories.com

Also, forum profile for said comic:  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=78817.0

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 08, 2010, 02:07:48 pm »

Yeah, it'll be soon.  There are some changes coming to DF Talk, just to bring the news:  I won't be editing anymore.  In the past 3 months there have been a ton of personal changes, including the loss of a job and the search for a new one.  Toady has graciously agreed to take over the editing, so you can look forward to that.  I'll still be helping with hosting duties otherwise, so people may not notice that much of a change.  I may go back to editing when things settle down, but one can never be sure.   :-\

I sure hope everyone enjoyed my editing!

Your editing is my reason to wake up in the morning!

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #108 on: July 08, 2010, 05:17:10 pm »

And my dulcet tones are what lull you to sleep.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2010, 01:09:48 pm »

I'm plenty drunk right now, so let me speak with the honesty of mild alcoholism: Dwarf Fortress is better than sex.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2010, 07:20:41 pm »

Cool story bro

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2010, 12:04:30 pm »

DF certainly takes less foreplay than sex, but then ... it does make the GF jealous of all the attention it demands. ;)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2010, 05:04:41 pm »

DF certainly takes less foreplay than sex, but then ... it does make the GF jealous of all the attention it demands. ;)

You don't consider world gen and Preparing for Your Journey Carefully to be foreplay?

Sure, you could just Play Now!, but that could be messy for all involved

waronmars

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2010, 04:55:23 am »

It would be awesome if the date could be put next to each talk on the site, so people know if they have listened to a talk yet, or which ones are new.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2010, 03:07:36 pm »

You don't consider world gen and Preparing for Your Journey Carefully to be foreplay?

Sure, you could just Play Now!, but that could be messy for all involved

I was about to say...an hour of foreplay with DF is pretty much every game I play. Then again, I'm not usually like "Honey, tonight your name is Marge Stoneblood, ok? Wait, you've got terrible kinesthetic abilities, maybe we could....wait, where are you going!?"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]