Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about Hidden a**hole Necromancers and Ethics  (Read 1781 times)

ChristianWeiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about Hidden a**hole Necromancers and Ethics
« on: January 16, 2017, 07:38:37 am »

Installed the spellcraft mod for Dwarf Fortress. And because I prefer Duergar to normal dwarves I changed their ethics to reflect that.

In my worldgens there pops up necromancer towers everywhere, which is pretty cool, but I have had a few fortresses now where I just had to succumb to invasion because I get the message "the dead walk" and invasion status in the top left, but there are no enemies anywhere, the list of "others" in the menu just shows neutral wandering animals and everything stops, no caravans and no immigration and no new invasions.

Is this is bug with hidden necromancer or bug with "zombie" invasion?

Is it possible to uncover hidden necromancers?

Or is it possible it is because of the spellwork mod or that its a bug because the ethics has been changed?

And does ethic torture have any gameplay impact?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:38:23 am by ChristianWeiseth »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Hidden a**hole Necromancers and Ethics
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 08:43:12 am »

Did you clean off the map edges of trees? Might help.

The zombies themselves won't be cloaked, but they might be off-map waiting for a chance at entry. Even so, the siege should go away after at most a year.

ChristianWeiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 10:08:47 am »

Did you clean off the map edges of trees? Might help.

The zombies themselves won't be cloaked, but they might be off-map waiting for a chance at entry. Even so, the siege should go away after at most a year.

I waited three years without it going away naturally. I only swept the edges with some squads. Will cut down all the trees at edge at next embark and try again.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 09:46:29 pm »

Definitely abnormal, then.

A (kludgey) workaround for the disappearing caravan bug might help - contains several script as well, though they tend to be merchant-centric.