Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Apperently I'm just too hot.  (Read 29092 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Apperently I'm just too hot.
« on: April 18, 2010, 07:33:43 pm »

I was running around, stabbing the peasants as is customary, when an archer shot out one of my teeth. Quite a shot if I say so. For the hell of it I ran up and grabbed my tooth and proceeded to try and eat it. I got this as a message

Huh.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Apperently I'm just too hot.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 08:17:44 pm »

All convection is fucked right now. Should be better in the next version. This is basically the same thing that makes water melt you.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 08:21:31 pm »

You could try getting some other part lopped off then trying to eat that. You know. For Science.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 08:24:20 pm »

You could try getting some other part lopped off then trying to eat that. You know. For Science.
Oh good, I now know that I have more sanity then you. That's not much though.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 08:26:07 pm »

Sanity isn't recommended for DF players.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 08:32:55 pm »

It's an impediment.

Let me try and eat this ear that I just lopped off. Won't let me eat it. The corpse of my old adventurer? Nooope. huh.

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 08:53:34 pm »

Eating in general appears to be borked for Adventurers.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 09:00:23 pm »

Eating Everything in general appears to be borked for Adventurers.

Fixed that for you.

Although killing still works fine.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 09:20:52 pm »

I've eaten before. On my first foray into the underground back on April 1st, I found a friendly colony of fishmen and borrowed some of their giant olm haggis, and that was edible. Also slime is drinkable.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 09:48:05 pm »

I've eaten before. On my first foray into the underground back on April 1st, I found a friendly colony of fishmen and borrowed some of their giant olm haggis, and that was edible. Also slime is drinkable.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 09:54:34 pm »

All convection is fucked right now. Should be better in the next version. This is basically the same thing that makes water melt you.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
These are all worth sigs.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 11:45:18 pm »

I'm trying to figure out what i can get from dead creatures that I can eat. I haven't had problems with thirst though, I can go on the blood of the slain alone. Is there a way to mod it so you (or your race) can only drink blood (and eat flesh/didn't have to eat)? That'd be pretty cool. Can carnivore characters eat raw corpses?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 12:11:56 am »

You eat your own head

Can i sig? (My first signature)

I'm trying to figure out what i can get from dead creatures that I can eat. I haven't had problems with thirst though, I can go on the blood of the slain alone. Is there a way to mod it so you (or your race) can only drink blood (and eat flesh/didn't have to eat)? That'd be pretty cool. Can carnivore characters eat raw corpses?

Put the [NO_EAT] tag in the raws. For example if your playing as a human, open "creature_standard.txt" and add that tag under [CREATURE:HUMAN].

I do not believe carnvore characters can eat corpses. I think corpses/bodyparts are just counted as generic objects at the moment. If you want to explore the expansive caverns, you will just have to pack alot of food into one/many backpacks.

You eat your own head

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 12:30:33 am »

I think you can eat vermin if you're starving, I've found one or two down there.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 12:51:39 am »

You eat your own head

Can i sig? (My first signature)
Go for it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4