Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Apperently I'm just too hot.  (Read 29156 times)

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apperently I'm just too hot.
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 01:12:16 am »

I was running around, stabbing the peasants as is customary, when an archer shot out one of my teeth. Quite a shot if I say so. For the hell of it I ran up and grabbed my tooth and proceeded to try and eat it. I got this as a message

Huh.
Obviously it was the friction from when it was knocked out that made it hot.

I'm trying to figure out what i can get from dead creatures that I can eat. I haven't had problems with thirst though, I can go on the blood of the slain alone. Is there a way to mod it so you (or your race) can only drink blood (and eat flesh/didn't have to eat)? That'd be pretty cool. Can carnivore characters eat raw corpses?
I wish you could "wear" (i.e. intentionally cover yourself with) blood, mud and so forth. It would be a cool berserker-ish thing to to do.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 01:15:43 am by ManaUser »
Akur Akir Akam!

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 01:14:56 am »

double post
Akur Akir Akam!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 06:54:32 pm »

I'm trying to figure out what i can get from dead creatures that I can eat. I haven't had problems with thirst though, I can go on the blood of the slain alone. Is there a way to mod it so you (or your race) can only drink blood (and eat flesh/didn't have to eat)? That'd be pretty cool. Can carnivore characters eat raw corpses?
I wish you could "wear" (i.e. intentionally cover yourself with) blood, mud and so forth. It would be a cool berserker-ish thing to to do.

You could lay down and crawl around in it, but you'll almost always get a significant level of liquids on you just from the fighting.
There's no chance of dieing from thirst unless you're an idiot/profoundly unlucky.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 09:23:16 pm »

All convection is fucked right now. Should be better in the next version. This is basically the same thing that makes water melt you.

Holy shit. WATER was what was melting my adventurer?
and D) involve Clippy, the helpful paperclip, to tell you what to do.
It looks like you are trying to commit elven genocide! What would you like to do?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2010, 09:25:59 pm »

Technically, you were flashboiled. I think.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2010, 09:40:13 pm »

Atleast you got free dental care!

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 12:05:17 am »

Isn't it amusing that the first thing he thought after getting a tooth shot out was, "Hey, I wonder if I can eat it," and no one else thought it was strange.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 01:54:24 am »

No, that's just piecewise.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Tiler

• Bay Watcher
  • [ODOR_LEVEL:999]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 03:34:29 am »

Isn't it amusing that the first thing he thought after getting a tooth shot out was, "Hey, I wonder if I can eat it," and no one else thought it was strange.

Wouldn't be the first guy that ate something that was shot out of himself.

The flying arrow hits Xiahou Dun in the head, piercing the eye!
Xiahou Dun has become enraged!
Xiahou Dun pulls out the arrow
Xiahou Dun cancels current task, eating eye
Cao Xing has been struck down by Xiahou Dun

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2010, 04:43:28 am »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 02:27:13 pm »

Yay name recognition for my random acts of questionable sanity! I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 04:05:35 pm »

I hereby confirm vermin to be edible.

Found out while having to live of just that and blood down in some 2nd level caves, I tried to munch on some other local wildlife but my guy just thinks its a lollipop.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How I ever started to do that first place was a combination of tossing dog spleens being funny, and me running into a bug while being ambushed by some wolves. The last wolf got knocked down a ramp, so I hit A. My options:
a:wolf
b:creeping eye
c:creeping eye

'What' I thought, and proceded to slash away at the later two. Then I got the 'you fall and tangle together' message. Everything black. 'Uhoh' I though. Upon moving I found I realy did just get dragged into hell.

And so I dubbed this a feature instead of a bug, and started living by eating blood and live bats.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 08:23:02 am »

Vermin fish have been edible since 40d. I know this because I once caught a live catfish with my bare adventurer hands, which then airdrowned after I left the murky pool. Dunno about fairies though.

Yay name recognition for my random acts of questionable sanity! I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Your sanity isn't "questionable", it's borderline nonexistent. :D

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 11:46:24 am »

Vermin fish have been edible since 40d. I know this because I once caught a live catfish with my bare adventurer hands, which then airdrowned after I left the murky pool. Dunno about fairies though.

Your sanity isn't "questionable", it's borderline nonexistent. :D
If it's borderline nonexistant, he didn't play enough DF.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 12:00:30 pm »

I think I deserve to be in the Guinness World Records book now.

My adventurer broke the record of eating live roaches.

Seventy-six roaches. -- Yummy.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4