Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Apperently I'm just too hot.  (Read 29093 times)

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Apperently I'm just too hot.
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2010, 06:13:47 pm »

Also, if you're starving, your adventurer can eat mud (which is nigh-ubiquitous in the caverns).  Full of nourishing minerals!  You can then drink blood coverings and/or muddy water from the cave lakes (which can be stored in waterskins), and you'll have all bodily needs covered.  Note: As soon as you get "Hungry", try to find a nook to sleep in, otherwise you might starve to death in your sleep.  Usually I find I'll be "Thirsty" and "Starving" when I wake up, which allows me to munch on a tasty meal of mud and blood to keep my strength up.
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2010, 11:48:52 pm »

Vermin fish have been edible since 40d. I know this because I once caught a live catfish with my bare adventurer hands, which then airdrowned after I left the murky pool. Dunno about fairies though.

No, that's just piecewise.
Yay name recognition for my random acts of questionable sanity! I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Your sanity isn't "questionable", it's borderline nonexistent. :D

hehe more warm fuzzies for meeee

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2010, 11:51:33 pm »

Vermin fish have been edible since 40d. I know this because I once caught a live catfish with my bare adventurer hands, which then airdrowned after I left the murky pool. Dunno about fairies though.

Yay name recognition for my random acts of questionable sanity! I feel all warm and fuzzy.

Hmm, I think you and Vester should have a competition on who has the least sanity. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 12:24:20 am »

Hmm, I think you and Vester should have a competition on who has the least sanity. :P

Exactly how does one quantify sanity? Well, anyways, I'll take that competition. For my first entry I post this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I send that to a half dozen stores like walmart and target with no return address every month.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 12:36:31 am »

Heee, hehehehehe. That was epic.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 01:52:30 am »

See, he just won hands down. This is why I'm an inferior DF player. I'm not yet that unhinged.

Also, everyone knows kangaroos are naturally versed in aikido.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 02:00:54 am »

Sanity isn't recommended for DF players.
It's an impediment.

Let me try and eat this ear that I just lopped off. Won't let me eat it. The corpse of my old adventurer? Nooope. huh.

.......bad cannibal.

Does insanity have an entirely different definition in the DF world and our Bay12 community (as opposed to its commonly understood meaning)?
I mean, by believing that digging down far enough will eventually result in encountering nothingness (literally, a point at which reality ceases to exist) is one more sane than some fool who thinks he'll hit vast heat, molten rock, and mineral deposits?
Is it sane to believe that iron ore forms in freestanding formations in sand (or exists there when harder stones have eroded, however you like it)?
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2010, 09:22:14 am »

Sanity isn't recommended for DF players.
It's an impediment.

Let me try and eat this ear that I just lopped off. Won't let me eat it. The corpse of my old adventurer? Nooope. huh.

.......bad cannibal.

Does insanity have an entirely different definition in the DF world and our Bay12 community (as opposed to its commonly understood meaning)?
I mean, by believing that digging down far enough will eventually result in encountering nothingness (literally, a point at which reality ceases to exist) is one more sane than some fool who thinks he'll hit vast heat, molten rock, and mineral deposits?
Is it sane to believe that iron ore forms in freestanding formations in sand (or exists there when harder stones have eroded, however you like it)?

I think you're forgetting the fact that DF function on a method of physics which can best be described as "jury-rigged". Its natural for us to change our perceptions to better understand these new physical laws. The DF world, as it stands, is flat, square and obviously not infinitely thick so prescribing it the same physical laws and structure as our planet is actually the insane thing to do.

After all, its not earth, its The Realm of Stabbing or some such. 

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 11:26:41 am »

So you actually can fall off of the edge of the Dwarf Fortress worlds!

I am so going to try that.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 12:47:13 pm »

Isn't it amusing that the first thing he thought after getting a tooth shot out was, "Hey, I wonder if I can eat it," and no one else thought it was strange.

This is Dwarf Fortress. What he should have done is used the tooth to stab an elf or 200.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2010, 03:43:30 pm »

Exactly how does one quantify sanity? Well, anyways, I'll take that competition. For my first entry I post this

I send that to a half dozen stores like walmart and target with no return address every month.

:o
...I have to wonder how many employees of those stores would actually read that to the end. I also have to wonder if you really do that to them. Probably would/does get a good laugh out of them sometimes, though.

Really, though, I have intense difficulty believing that anyone would actually send that to stores... Is what I would say if I weren't getting into medical assisting. Teacher's stories have me a bit disillusioned towards the sanity of humanity. ::)
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2010, 03:54:56 pm »

:o
...I have to wonder how many employees of those stores would actually read that to the end. I also have to wonder if you really do that to them. Probably would/does get a good laugh out of them sometimes, though.

Really, though, I have intense difficulty believing that anyone would actually send that to stores... Is what I would say if I weren't getting into medical assisting. Teacher's stories have me a bit disillusioned towards the sanity of humanity. ::)

I used to be a big contributor of Operation: Mindfuck and was a mod on a few of their underground forums. Mailing random letters and posting odd posters in public places is something I've grown quite accustom to. I think the real insanity is our commonly excepted social norms and their dehumanizing aspects. That, and I'm just mischievous and like making people laugh/scratch their heads in confusion.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 01:15:04 am »

Deimos: Now with mouth foaming action!
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 02:25:57 am »

Deimos: Now with mouth foaming action!

I'm thinking about getting a new cell of Operation:Mindfuck up and running here since it seems like the DF'ers might enjoy its particular brand of counterculture.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 02:28:47 pm »

According to Wikipedia, it's 'an important practice in the Discordian religion'.
Except when it's some random heavy metal band.

I have to admit I was unaware there was a religion that apparently exists to confuse the crap out of everyone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4