Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Adventurer portrait service  (Read 4552 times)

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventurer portrait service
« on: April 19, 2010, 07:24:00 am »

So anyway, after drawing these two adventurers of my own, I thought "Hey, this is actually pretty damn fun!"
So, post your adventurer descriptions and I'll draw 'em!

Tinker Thinker

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRESSES_BUTTONS:RED]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer portrait service
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 09:52:43 am »

Sure, I'll bite.

Atul Becorzenon, Atul "Temptviper", wuradi female. (Mod: Direforged)

Tough humanoids with red skin and white markings. They have some affinity to animals.

(She doesn't seem to be terribly pretty, but it's up to you if you turn it into a wild grace)

Her nails are extremely long. Her greasy straight hair is extremely long. She is incredibly muscular. She has a very high-pitched voice. Her very wide-set narrow gold eyes are bulging. Her quite dense eyebrows are incredibly high. Her nose is extremely narrow. Her fuse-lobed splayed out ears are somewhat tall. Her somewhat narrow head is somewhat tall. She has a prominent chin. Her hair is quite sparse. Her nose bridge is convex. Her hair is flax. Her skin is red (gee, what a shock).

Unique features: Scar on upper lip, long and straight (caused by GCS fangs, if I recall correctly).

Clothing (ignoring armour): Light on top, heavy on the bottom. That is, on top have a shirt under a tunic (I personally prefer the V-neck tunics), and everything else is standard one layer. Bottom is heavy leggings and such layered under a skirt (which I envision as open in the front, closed around the back, making a sort of waist-cape. If you know Kuja from FF9, that kind of skirt situation).

Weapon: Cheap pike (as in, the weapon, not the fish)

Armour: Chain maille, gauntlets, and high boots. Took off my helm to make fighting more dangerous.

Useful info on Wuradi:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:19:00 am by Tinker Thinker »
Does anyone else find my avatar looks crooked?

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
  • MANY WHELPS NOW HANDLE IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 09:55:22 am »

You want a challenge? You manly enough for this? HUH?

Yeah, that's probably impossible to draw.. i just want to promote my mightiest adventurer ever.

Azgog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 12:14:43 pm »

Yeah, one of my adventurers is pretty much similar to that one. He got caught in dragonfire and pretty much everything from the chest upwards was horribly burned.
"I REQUIRE LUMBER"
"We have plenty of lumber"
".... BUT I WANT THIS KIND!"
"What kind?"
"THE KIND WHERE YOU SHUT THE HELL UP!"

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 12:55:37 pm »

My two most successful(read as still alive) adventures so far in DF2010.

Kosoth Rakustrerras, "Kosoth Tombfissures", dwarf
What he wears:

Bekat Ebpeliņo Sinabeksur, "Bekat Crescentseas The Muscular Skirts", human
What he wears:

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 04:51:52 pm »

Well, it took forever, but they're finished, sort of. Sorry about the wait. :/

First up, Atul, wuradi pikewoman.

Second, Kadol, Biseketur, presumably great hero, who taught me how little I knew of burns (I figured, being a dwarf, his beard would grow back - forgot about the double braids)

And finally, a duo of dwarf and man, Bekat and Kosoth. (I forgot a lot of the decorations, and I didn't have a hair colour for the dwarf so I improvised)

Again, sorry about the wait and unpolished quality. Lots of stuff came up. I probably shouldn't take any more requests untill I've got everything sorted out.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 04:53:36 pm by NinjaE8825 »
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 05:30:34 pm »

Looks good! Better than good! Very nice style! Love all of them! I'll have to submit a request when I have a worthy adventurer.
Hey, look what I did!
Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 05:32:31 pm »

Very nice.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 05:34:26 pm »

Nifty! I like the art style.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 09:11:54 pm »

My favorite adventurer. Slaughtered 2 elf villages and a human village. Took a bolt to the neck and lived, he is great with his maul aswell.

His quite dense dry hair is extremely long. He is incredibly muscular. His thin irised round mahogany eyes are very wide-set. He has a fairly deep and raspy voice. His slightly hooked nose is extremely narrow. His nose bridge is concave. His nearly fuse-lobed short ears are splayed out. His teeth are gapped. His short eyebrows are quite dense. His eyes are protruding. His head is somewhat narrow. His hair is black. His skin is burnt umber. His throat bears a massive curving scar.

Left Hand: Bronze Maul
Right Hand: Bronze Shield
Lower Body: loincloth/thong, Rope Reed long skirt(2?), Bronze chain leggings
Upper Body: cat leather dress, rope reed dress, rope reed coat (2?), bronze mail shirt, rope reed cloak
Head: wobbegong leather turban
Hands: Bronze gauntlets, leather gloves
Feet: Bronze high boot, SOKS

Not the ost impressive but he will always have a place in my heart. And he is retired. :D
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 09:46:22 pm by Labs »
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 12:18:36 am »

Probably the best adventurer I've made yet. I'll just run down a quick description...

Kelvas The Slayer of Legends

This adventurer has seen hundreds of battles. He's slain dragons, razed goblin fortresses, slain zombie mammoths in the frozen arctic, battled the giant scorpians of the blazing deserts... He's been everywhere and seen everything. This has left him with a strange isolationist aura about him... Something about him just resonates with brooding power... This dark aura is why he's had to do all of these things alone. His pale skin and lips give him an almost vampiric look. He doesn't claim fame for his actions. He feels that he no longer has control of himself. He believes that he is a pawn in some god's great game... His dark blue eyes have seen much, but his young physique and youthful looks would not betray his age of fifty years. His long, flowing hair is as dark as night... His eyes of the deep blue-violet of sunset... He no longer smiles, nor bears his teeth at friend or foe, but wears an unchanging longing look... As if he wished that things could have turned out differently, but has resigned to his fate... His face bears nigh a wrinkle nor a scratch. His build is immense. He is a mountain of muscle and metal. His cloak is made of polar bear skin, pulled up around his shoulders. There is a dark iron chain connector running from one shoulder to the other keeping the cloak on.

He wears three bronze chain mail shirts under his breastplate. This gives his body a very stable and heavy look to it, but has proved to make him more or less invincible. His bronze breastplate is stained with the blood of his enemies. In the middle of it is a picture of a dragon's skull set in ebony. There are splashes of blood on his armor. It is scratched and worn from years of use.

His helmet is bronze with a crown of black glass spikes. The nose guard stops just below his nose, but above his upper lip. His deep eyes peer out from behind this death mask... There is a splash of blood across his helmet, some on his cheek. There is a large gouge out of the metal above his left eye.

His two handed bronze sword rests in his right hand, as if it had always done so. There are black flames of ebony set into the blade, running from the tip to the hilt. The whole sword is splashed with dried blood and scrapes. The blade has a few nicks in it. It's about as long as he is tall, about two centimeters thick, and about seven centimeters from edge to edge.

His large bronze shield hangs loosely in his left hand. It is ringed around the edges with black glass spikes and there are spikes set into the face of the shield. On the shield is an ornate picture of a demon's face set in ebony. Some of the spikes have tatters of blood soaked cloth, and there are splashes of dried blood on the face of the shield. When raised, the shield adequately covers his upper chest to his upper thigh.

His right gauntlet is covered in dried blood . There's fur coming out of the back of it, hinting to his padded fur gloves underneath.

His left gauntlet is untouched. There is fur coming out of the back.

His bronze plate greaves are splashed with dried blood. There is a large black loin cloth that runs between his legs, down to his knees. This is in tatters and stained with blood.

His bronze high boots are splashed with dried blood and dented. There's a little mud on the soles.

I sort of want the portrait to be a head to toe shot of him facing the viewer. He'd be in a combat stance with his shield raised about half way and his sword in a ready position. Maybe have the flat side of the sword face the viewer. His head tilted slightly forward to make it seem as though his eyes are shining out from behind the darkness of his helmet. The shield raised to be horizontal with his body, so the viewer can see it in detail.

Hope I gave you enough to work with! ;)
Hey, look what I did!
Dr. Melon cancels read post: spelling incredibly poor.

Tinker Thinker

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRESSES_BUTTONS:RED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 08:54:35 pm »

Atul is looking epic! Shame she got taken out by a giant gang, but that's what happens when you don't learn to sneak.

She did manage to take one of them down with cranial impalement, and another in the throat, so at least she went down fighting.
Does anyone else find my avatar looks crooked?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2016, 09:15:53 pm »

Sorry for necroing, but is the artist still here?

JakeSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 11:12:50 pm »

yes im curious about that to i have a request.
VALLHALLA HUNGERS!!!
-JakeSlayer

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2016, 04:19:09 am »

Sigh. This thread is six years old, and you can check if someone is still active on the forums by clicking on their profile. NinjaE8825 Was last active in 2012. That means that they haven't been online for four years.

The answer is no, but if you want someone to draw your adventurer, maybe ask in another thread.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: [1] 2