Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [d]esignate -> [c]lean  (Read 1314 times)

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[d]esignate -> [c]lean
« on: April 19, 2010, 10:57:59 am »

Cleaning floors and walls should not be an automatic task. Instead it should be a designation handled by the player. This designation should clean up pretty much any "coating", from mud and blood to dust and vomit.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [d]esignate -> [c]lean
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 02:53:50 pm »

No.  I do not want to have to manually designate every tile someone pukes on every time someone pukes on it.

The only thing I'd want this for is to designate messes that either a) need to be cleaned up NOW or b) clean up outside areas.

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 04:25:02 pm »

Make it an option for standing orders.

Clean outside? Yes/No
Cleaning priority? Low/Normal/High

Cleaning is currently done only indoors and it is an extremely low priority job. Options like these would let you be able to have your dwarves tidy up even outside, so any above ground fortresses will not be painted entirely red after the first siege, and you can control how aggressive cleaning is. High priority cleaning would mean dwarves would much more eagerly tidy up the place.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 04:44:21 pm »

This was just suggested five days ago (although granted, search is basically broken right now).

Erk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 12:18:49 pm »

Make it an option for standing orders.

Clean outside? Yes/No
Cleaning priority? Low/Normal/High

Cleaning is currently done only indoors and it is an extremely low priority job. Options like these would let you be able to have your dwarves tidy up even outside, so any above ground fortresses will not be painted entirely red after the first siege, and you can control how aggressive cleaning is. High priority cleaning would mean dwarves would much more eagerly tidy up the place.

This is a cool idea too, although I think I'd like to see both and have a designated clean area be instantly high priority. When a forgotten beast's blood makes flesh rot, I want the area around that corpse cleaned well and cleaned immediately.
'River' cancels eat: Food is problematic.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 12:39:23 pm »

This was just suggested five days ago (although granted, search is basically broken right now).
Does that mean you went and looked for it yourself without search options? :o
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 12:54:25 pm »

Yeah, it was very recent, so all I had to do was go to the second or third page of the forum.