Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: The Plump Helmet Man Question  (Read 15560 times)

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Plump Helmet Man Question
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 08:56:01 pm »

The edibility of the PHM has the apparent capacity to make dwarves eat like zombies. There's gotta be something there.

Mod everything in the game to have Plump Helmet skin and bones(barring dwarves of course; don't want them eating each other)? Hell yes.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 08:58:25 pm »

gee my plump helmet man civ sure has some interesting gods

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 09:04:33 pm »

Wow. So you have depraved and lustful plump helmet men? That means more 'shrooms. Works for me!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2010, 12:58:42 am »

They've been infiltrated by Tentaclowns. Kill them with fire.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 01:02:54 am »

They've been infiltrated by Tentaclowns. Kill them with fire.

Strangely compelling.

Mr Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010, 10:16:06 am »

I'd like Plump Helmet Men's entire existence to be solely the purpose of feeding dwarves.
And that they wish for a death by a dwarf tooth, as they will go to plump helmet heaven, leaving behind special plump helmet seeds that grow into new Plump Helmet Men.

... Is it even possible to grow creatures?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 10:19:23 am »

I'd like Plump Helmet Men's entire existence to be solely the purpose of feeding dwarves.
And that they wish for a death by a dwarf tooth, as they will go to plump helmet heaven, leaving behind special plump helmet seeds that grow into new Plump Helmet Men.

... Is it even possible to grow creatures?

Well when a mommy and daddy love each other very much...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 11:57:15 am »

So... As a (Goblins+fire imp) mix?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Coidzure Dreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2010, 01:53:31 pm »

Is this in response to the hostile thallid horde idea?

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2010, 02:38:00 pm »

If you're referring to my idea... not really. The idea was inspired largely by this.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Spiral42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2010, 01:28:48 am »

This thread and its predecessor have made me weep tears of joy.
I'm currently reading a book called Shriek: An Afterword which is set in the city of Ambergris, a human colony founded upon the conquered ruins of a civilization known as the Grey Caps. Which are, simply, PHM. (I may write a review and post it in an appropriate thread once I've finished, if anyone's interested.)
After reading this bizarre and fantastic book and then spotting these threads, I'm amazed at the way the two fit together. Now very much looking forward to encountering a proper PHM civ, complete with procedural fungal structures sprawling across the underground (in the glorious far-future days when modding buildings is a triviality).
Add me on Steam: ColdSpiral

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2010, 01:30:04 am »

God, this is hard. Still working on it though. Will upload as soon as I'm satisfied.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Zombie

• Bay Watcher
  • Ǵ̨̕o͘d͝d̡͢e̡̕s̷͟s̵͢ ͝of̴ ͡G͘͠a̧mi̶n̛͝g̨
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2010, 12:54:49 pm »

I like the idea of domesticated PHM that you can grow (Growing creatures = awesome) and have wineblood and can be milked for wine so you can make winecheese.

Seriously, it's just like a more awesome version of Pikmin. I'd rename my PHM caretaker to Olimar. He'd have a stupid milker sidekick named Louie. Louie loves plump helmets.
If I had a dollar for every dwarf whose feelings I didn't care about, I'd have seven dollars, with more coming in the fall.

Urist McSharpblade, Axe Sheriff cancels Justice: Needs more than an axe for this.

MULTI-THREADING - I'm talking about it!

Tinker Thinker

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRESSES_BUTTONS:RED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2010, 04:40:56 pm »

I've been looking into creating a fungal civilization. Obviously, they'd live underground.

However, looking at the raws, I can't find what exactly makes a civilization make underground cities like the dwarves.
Another thing I've been looking for: modifying them to eat wood and flesh.

Admittedly, much of their structure will probably be based on the plump helmet man. . .
Does anyone else find my avatar looks crooked?

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2010, 07:27:21 pm »

Underground cities? To be honest, dwarves mostly only make them if the player is controlling them. In WorldGen, all they do is make a big hole in the ground. Nevertheless, the token you want is [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE_DETAILED] if you want them to make those. [LAYER_LINKED] makes them live underground, like the animal people. [DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE] will make them settle in caves like kobolds.

Can't make them eat wood, but [CARNIVORE] will make them eat meat only (or [BONECARN] will make them eat meat and bones). If you want to make them playable, you could create a reaction that turns wood into an edible substance. A seedless plant, named "mulch" maybe?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4