Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Ignornce is Strenght  (Read 39706 times)

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ignornce is Strenght
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 04:40:33 pm »

Tell a fundie bacteria can evolve TO EAT RADIATION and they'll make up something about crappy soviet engineering being part of gods plan and call you a heathen for saying that makes no sense.

Microevolution is by no means against my religion. And besides, any god that didn't give its creation some ability to adapt would be pretty stupid, right?

That's actually macroevolution since the change has become wide spread among the species, microevolution referring to micro organism is a made up creationist misconception to discredit research on bacteria.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 04:41:12 pm »

Now I'm intrigued. I've never seen "proof" of anything outside of mathematics. Nor have I ever seen valid evidence for the existence of any deity. Please, provide.

I think what he was trying to say is that even if someone came up with definitive proof to there side of the argument, the other side would not be swayed.

Now, please stop. Your stinking up the forums with your religious argument.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 04:42:31 pm »

Now I'm intrigued. I've never seen "proof" of anything outside of mathematics. Nor have I ever seen valid evidence for the existence of any deity. Please, provide.

I think what he was trying to say is that even if someone came up with definitive proof to there side of the argument, the other side would not be swayed.

Now, please stop. Your stinking up the forums with your religious argument.

Ah, well, he's wrong. If someone could provide strong evidence of a god's existence, I'd be a believer, because I have this little thing called "intellectual honesty" which means I change my opinions and beliefs based on new evidence.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 04:44:07 pm »

But, you believe that the could never happen, therefore, even if it does you call it a accident of a fluke.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2010, 04:45:55 pm »

That's actually macroevolution since the change has become wide spread among the species, microevolution referring to micro organism is a made up creationist misconception to discredit research on bacteria.

... I don't know which, but one of us is SERIOUSLY messed up in their understanding of the term "microevolution"

When I say it, I mean small evolutionary changes that allow a species to adapt to its environment.

To respond to pwnzerfaust, I agree that this could in theory lead to a single species branching out into others. For example, a single species of canine becoming wolves, coyotes, dingos, etc. It's when somebody says that this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

became this

that I start to get suspicious.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2010, 04:46:27 pm »

I say we declare this discussion a draw, let them take it to private messages, and go back to posting funny quotes from the site.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 04:47:17 pm »

Sounds good.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 04:48:48 pm »

Tell a fundie bacteria can evolve TO EAT RADIATION and they'll make up something about crappy soviet engineering being part of gods plan and call you a heathen for saying that makes no sense.

Microevolution is by no means against my religion. And besides, any god that didn't give its creation some ability to adapt would be pretty stupid, right?

Fun fact: "Macroevolution" is just a lot of "microevolution".

What I've got about what?
I was going to say what's your inconceivably convincing proof that there is no god, but scratch that. I have somewhere to be soon and don't have time for a drawn-out debate.

Ah, well, here's the thing. The burden isn't on the one who lacks belief in something to provide evidence for its non-existence; the burden is on the person making the assertion that it exists.

Guys please keep it out of the thread, go to the Athiesm thread please. We're here to laugh at ignorant morons.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 04:50:54 pm by Huesoo »
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2010, 04:49:44 pm »

... I don't know which, but one of us is SERIOUSLY messed up in their understanding of the term "microevolution"

When I say it, I mean small evolutionary changes that allow a species to adapt to its environment.

Kuro_suna is the one with the misconception.

To respond to pwnzerfaust, I agree that this could in theory lead to a single species branching out into others. For example, a single species of canine becoming wolves, coyotes, dingos, etc. It's when somebody says that this

became this

that I start to get suspicious.

Well it didn't "become" that. They shared a common ancestor. Probably smallish dinosaur. I'm not entirely sure on the details, and I don't think anyone at all is, but genetic markers, the fossil record, and anatomical similarities are all pretty clear on the matter.

Guys please keep it out of the thread, go to the Athiesm thread please. Were hear to laugh at ignorant morons.

Kk.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2010, 04:51:14 pm »

I found this gem from the Conspiracy Theories sister site.

I question the reality of Anthropogenic climate change, as should all thinking people. Also I oppose wind power 100%. I view windfarms as an assault on the Planet and its peoples. Wind farms are a clumsy and ugly attempt at climate engineering, as thery greatly disrupt the planets "Hadley cells". Too, I must add that a guge number of people are questioning the trojan horse inside which is packaged the one world government our traitors in Parliament refer to as the New World Order. The whole thing is spin, bunkum and lies. I know the Telegraph is overseen by MI6, but how do find the nerve to peddle such tosh?

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2010, 04:53:25 pm »

micro evolution is any mutation that only exists is a small sample of species and macro one that either creates a new species or exits in almost all its population.

The problem with your definition is its usually used as a way to move the goal posts anytime science makes any advancements.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 04:55:17 pm by kuro_suna »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2010, 04:55:32 pm »

Another conspiracy one. Probably my favorite.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2010, 05:06:26 pm »

Holy crap, that's some good stuff.  Somebody try and see what happens; be sure to send a message when you get beyond the veil.

CJ, to calmly answer your problem with "macroevolution" (and the difference is indeed one of made-up semantics; "small" changes is Adaptation, Evolution is Adaption over a very long time) - the difference between wolves evolving into dogs and [some dinosaur] evolving into chickens is a difference of hundreds of generations versus millions of generations.  You give adaption enough time and enough variables, and you get anything eventually.  Does that make any sense?

(Damn nginx errors.)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2010, 05:07:27 pm »

Kuro what did I say?

Also this:

If I want to call Obama a lawn jocky, magical negro, fried chicken eating marxist SOB, then I dang well am going to do so! As for Racism, one of my best friends is a Black WOMAN (That's TWO protected groups in one!) Oh, and I'm HISPANIC (That's three for me, what the hell do you got huh!?) Shove the racist c*** up your whiney ass, no one's buying it here.

That means if im an Native American I have to right to call anyone I want a spic, nigger, cracker and gook, why because I'm NATIVE AMERICAN (one major protected group for me there) and I'm friends with a JEWISH GAY BLACK WOMAN (thats five to me assholes).

My god these are amazing:

"Whites who voted for McCain were declaimed as racists. 95% of blacks voted for the Magic Negro. Who are the racists?

Obamination and his ass-kissing lackeys have undone everything that Americans have accomplished since the Revolution. I for one will rejoice when that communist son of a bitch leaves (or is removed from) office. Let it be soon. The country won't survive another year of the Kenyan-born, moon-god-worshipping, goat-raping bastard's hopey-changey bullshit.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 05:09:59 pm by Huesoo »
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2010, 05:13:06 pm »

This one is gold
The Garden of Eden was located in the realm that God and the angels dwell in, which wasn't in the physical realm on Earth. There was a stargate that was the entrance and exit between the two realms. The angel that guarded this entrance and exit didn't really have a flamming sword but one like the light saber in Star Wars, which resembled a flamming sword to keep Adam and Eve from re-entering the stargate to return to the realm of God. I would imagine it would also prevent water from entering it if God wanted to keep it out.

And another
my point is that if gravity brought asteroids and meteors together, the cells would be crushed by either the rock and/or the gravity.

but thats only hundreds of miles away. (between the core and the surface) its even stronger more towards the core of each planet. so, when the planets were first forming, the cells would be crushed under all that gravity, even when jupiter got started. we all know that the smaller the planet, the more gravity there is.

plus its hard to believe that cells have just landed on earth and started evolving w/o sever casulties from burning up in the atmosphere.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 05:15:33 pm by warhammer651 »
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13