Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Ignornce is Strenght  (Read 39512 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: Ignornce is Strenght
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2010, 05:18:42 pm »

Holy crap, that's some good stuff.  Somebody try and see what happens; be sure to send a message when you get beyond the veil.

CJ, to calmly answer your problem with "macroevolution" (and the difference is indeed one of made-up semantics; "small" changes is Adaptation, Evolution is Adaption over a very long time) - the difference between wolves evolving into dogs and [some dinosaur] evolving into chickens is a difference of hundreds of generations versus millions of generations.  You give adaption enough time and enough variables, and you get anything eventually.  Does that make any sense?

(Damn nginx errors.)

I suppose so, but I have my own logical hang-ups on it. I mean, if it were true that the most simple of life could become everything living on this planet, the sheer potential in it must be practically limitless. The thought that someone could see that, study it every day, and decide it came about by chance is simply mind-boggling.

Scientist have proven that as long as a reptile is living, it continues to grow. So, if we take an alligator and say it lives 100 years and grows 20 feet. What would happen if it were to live
900 years? It would have grown to be 180 feet, thus, a dinosaur. One more thing to think about the earht being in a bubble of water is that prior to the flood, man had never seen rain. That is why no one believed Noah when he said it was going to rain. At that time, the earth was watered by a mist. Another interesting thing to think about is the dramatic decrease in man's lifespan after the flood. he began to age musch faster because he was being pelted by massive amounts of radiation from the sun. Just recently, scientists who use computers to solve unsolve crimes by taking the remains of bones to restructure and form a face of the bones were asked by creationists to do an experiment. Now, first we must understand that this forensic science has met with great success and is proven itself as reputible.
They were asked to take an average man and by comparing the physical changes in the lifetime such as bone structure and come up with a model of what man would look like if he lived to be close to 1000 years. Remarkably, around the 400 year mark, the image looked remarkably like that of Cro Magnum man and aroung the 800 year mark, man the image looked remarkably like Neanderthal man. Now, is this just coinsidence or is God's word true. I believe the the world is just as the bible says, just around 6000 years old.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2010, 05:19:44 pm »

Whole video series from this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt1Yo610lG0
Incredibly, and insanely funny, and yet sad at the same time.

Also, go to the atheism thread for your evolution discussion. Seriously, its right over there.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2010, 05:20:35 pm »

For a second i read Obamas Ass-kissing lackeys as Ass-kicking lackeys.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2010, 05:21:47 pm »

Holy crap, that's some good stuff.  Somebody try and see what happens; be sure to send a message when you get beyond the veil.

CJ, to calmly answer your problem with "macroevolution" (and the difference is indeed one of made-up semantics; "small" changes is Adaptation, Evolution is Adaption over a very long time) - the difference between wolves evolving into dogs and [some dinosaur] evolving into chickens is a difference of hundreds of generations versus millions of generations.  You give adaption enough time and enough variables, and you get anything eventually.  Does that make any sense?

(Damn nginx errors.)

I suppose so, but I have my own logical hang-ups on it. I mean, if it were true that the most simple of life could become everything living on this planet, the sheer potential in it must be practically limitless. The thought that someone could see that, study it every day, and decide it came about by chance is simply mind-boggling.

Well good thing that it doesn't rely on chance, then.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2010, 05:22:03 pm »

For a second i read Obamas Ass-kissing lackeys as Ass-kicking lackeys.

Obama ninjas. Hellz ya.

Also:
Libraries are a nice "end." I think libraries are great. But ends cannot be divorced from means. And the means of any public library is tax dollars -- dollars that were extorted under the principle of "Your money or your life." Pay your tax or go to jail. Nothing about them is free. Understand that while the driving force of the private sector is the creation of value, the driving force of libraries is the destruction of value. People are forced, if not at the point of a gun, then at the threat of the point of the gun, to pay for libraries whether or not they want to. And the difference between what they wanted to buy with their money and the library that they are forcibly stuck with is a destruction of value. Not only that, but the difference between the excellent private libraries that would probably exist if the market weren't flooded by inferior government libraries is a further loss of value.

Public libraries, as institutions that destroy value, destroy in some small way our ability to live our lives to the fullest. They represent houses of death and should be spat upon and cursed in the most creative language possible.

Public libraries are a scourge because they masquerade as a benevolent government program, a program that seemingly only the most extreme radical could oppose. Educate the public. Provide "free" books, movies, CDs, and Internet connections to anyone who wants or needs them. Provide reference material and disseminate knowledge to the public. Combat illiteracy. In short, public libraries supposedly better society and make the world a nicer place for everyone. And if public libraries are so great, then why not a public "this" or public "that," by extension?

Public libraries are at the heart of statism and the destruction of individual rights. They embody the premise that government can create value. But force cannot create. Wealth cannot be legislated. The truth is that aside from protecting individual rights, government can do nothing but destroy value at the point of the gun.

In certain rural sections of the South, illegitimate and/or unwanted children are butchered and fed to the family in stews.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 05:26:43 pm by alway »

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2010, 05:22:56 pm »

(Damn nginx errors.)
Scientist have proven that as long as a reptile is living, it continues to grow. So, if we take an alligator and say it lives 100 years and grows 20 feet. What would happen if it were to live
900 years? It would have grown to be 180 feet, thus, a dinosaur. One more thing to think about the earht being in a bubble of water is that prior to the flood, man had never seen rain. That is why no one believed Noah when he said it was going to rain. At that time, the earth was watered by a mist. Another interesting thing to think about is the dramatic decrease in man's lifespan after the flood. he began to age musch faster because he was being pelted by massive amounts of radiation from the sun. Just recently, scientists who use computers to solve unsolve crimes by taking the remains of bones to restructure and form a face of the bones were asked by creationists to do an experiment. Now, first we must understand that this forensic science has met with great success and is proven itself as reputible.
They were asked to take an average man and by comparing the physical changes in the lifetime such as bone structure and come up with a model of what man would look like if he lived to be close to 1000 years. Remarkably, around the 400 year mark, the image looked remarkably like that of Cro Magnum man and aroung the 800 year mark, man the image looked remarkably like Neanderthal man. Now, is this just coinsidence or is God's word true. I believe the the world is just as the bible says, just around 6000 years old.

Is this a fundie? Sounds like one.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2010, 05:28:32 pm »

Indeed it is Huesoo.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2010, 05:38:36 pm »

Ah, nvm, carry on then.  ;)

When the nice census lady came to our door with her GPS device, I immediately had a pretty good idea why. The most serious and widespread mental illness in America today is the failure to be paranoid. Fortunately, I don't suffer from this affliction. I know perfectly well that they are out to get me...and everyone else as well.

I assumed that semiliterate ACORN thugs with rudimentary weapons training could use this to find my front door, where I can give them the proper welcome, for which I am always prepared. More seriously, precision guided munitions could now kill my wife and myself. There are even guided artillery shells now, so a relatively small number of soldiers in each city could kill hundreds of patriots.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2010, 05:49:18 pm »

Ah, a site full of mostly hateful and stupid statements, followed by equally stupid and hateful comments. I'm still trying to decide which are worse, but the site surely does not show humanity at its finest.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2010, 06:02:23 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 10:11:57 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2010, 06:11:48 pm »

Yeah, it is mind boggling and practically limitless.  That's why I love it.  I don't mean to insult, but it's equally perplexing to me that for some people, saying that life came about by chance isn't a good enough answer.

Quote from: #42225
That life is not what we see it as. You may be sitting alone in your room. Or so you thought. There are dozens of angels and demons beside you. There is a perpetual war between good and evil going on right in front of our faces. Yet, we are too absorbed in this world to see or realize it. When you walk you are moving through a sea of spirits. There is a whole other world within this world. Why are we searching for life on other planets when there is unseen life going on all around us. You may feel it, or you may not. I know I feel demons and angels around me. If you don't believe me, then watch this

Ghost Hunters are really legitimate. They try to debunk everything. Sometimes they find things undescribable though.
Season 4 episode 13 part 3/5

I love the way he bookends his observation of a million angles dancing on the head of a pin by pointing to a specific episode of Ghost Hunters.  From the gospel of Saint Discovery Channel I guess.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2010, 06:13:25 pm »

Thank you. As a result of this thread, I no longer have any faith in humanity's ability to make intellectual progress. It's clear now what must be done. If you can't beat em, join em.

*goes and starts sharpening the Murderin' Axe*
Or be the first one to research and build the spaceship parts.

Leviathon is a spirit I have battled as well. It was a hard battle but was won. It was about four months or more ago. My wife and I were in McDonalds and were having a conversation with an angel and Leviathon had come up. I told the angel that i wanted to fight this demon and he said I could. On the way back to the hotel I asked the angel if he could bring the demon to a predestinated place and he said yes. I figured that since Leviathon was from the depths of the sea he would be used to the cold water so I filled the tub up with scalding hot water and blessed the water. The angels (there were two now) brought Leviathon bound to the tub and fought with me. We all pulled our swords from our hips and began running this demon through with all my strength and everything I had. I would say it took atleast half an hour or more. We were all spent but the battle was won.
That has so many levels of possible inuendo... Heck, it is hard to interpret the last half as anything but a thinly veiled description of some dude making love.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 06:18:57 pm by alway »

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2010, 06:38:15 pm »

Well fuck, that's what I call imagination.

Seriously, how the hell can you fill a bathing tub with hot water and seriously believe you killed a demon in it?
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2010, 06:41:04 pm »

I'm having trouble believing he didn't just scalded his penis in boiling hot bathwater and hallucinated all that.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2010, 06:42:58 pm »

Quote from: #17082
The secret BIG sin that women, females and girls do too . . .
Unlike, sins that involve the touching of others . . .
it seems that masturbation is the ultimate sexual release;
alas, it is not . . .
It destroy those whom masturbate just as any other sin would . . .
You can imagine how great of sin it is; even if done in the "NAME" . . .
of Physical Health , i.e. when a Doctor requires one
to preform the act ~ in A test tube ~ petri dish or other glass apparatus . . .
I don't know the name of what it is called: when the doctor sticks his or her finger
up the male anus (supposedly) checking for the gland that is supposed to cancerous . . .
They say it is "innocent" . . .
you've heard it: It "seems" so innocent . . .
However; it is not . . .
Every swimmer must KNOW the secret, because, cold showers really can assist one in overcoming sexual "urges" . . .
* MEN can go swimming in real cold water for a mere fee at the YMCA,
not to be confused with the YWCA, where women get NO service . . .

I'm not even entirely sure what that one was arguing about, but I think someone feels threatened by female sexual aids.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13