Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Ignornce is Strenght  (Read 39711 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Ignornce is Strenght
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2010, 12:34:09 am »

Great, we have statistical evidence to prove the Americans are an inferior race.  >:(
(That is, by 45%)

Inferior race?

Brace for shitstorm in five...
He's just celebrating the International Nazi Day.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2010, 12:36:30 am »

hurr

I think if there were ever a Liberals Say the Darndest Things it would be mostly populated by half-baked arrogant comments like this.  The best part is you know the irony is completely lost on him.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:39:02 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2010, 12:38:33 am »

Ding ding ding.

Chairmanpoo: COMBAT OPERANDI -> GODWIN'S LAW

hurr

I think if there were ever a Liberals Say the Darndest Things it would be mostly populated by half-baked arrogant comments like this.  The best part is you know the irony is completely lost on him.

Truer words have probably been spoken elsewhere, but that makes this no less true.

EDIT: Awww, you ninja'd me, you were harsher than that!

Yet no less fair.

Just to add onto all of this: Dwarf. You are just another Life Is Pain douchebag with a bone to pick with X, X being pretty much anything if you set your mind to it. You are nothing special. You are an ass and whether or not you continue to be one is up to you but do us the courtesy of thinking for about two seconds before you post,  please.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 12:48:49 am by Jackrabbit »

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2010, 02:28:22 am »

Great, we have statistical evidence to prove the Americans are an inferior race.  >:(
(That is, by 45%)
Inferior race?

Brace for shitstorm in five...
Adding fuel:
The rest of the world has been patiently waiting for you all to find that out...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2010, 02:30:48 am »

I have made several mistakes in the past with you, Siquo, where it turns out you were joking and I had gotten all riled up over it without realizing.

Please, for the love of God, tell me that's the case here.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2010, 02:48:48 am »

Well, if it's for the love of God, I guess I will.  :D

Yes that is a joke. America-bashing has become so commonplace that it is no longer necessary, and this was quite badly worded.

If you want a serious one:
Really, people (and I) are amazed that there are actual living Americans who still think the world at large looks up to them. It has been that way for a while, but now the American is an equal, and for some people even less than that.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2010, 03:02:19 am »

Interestingly, Hitler originally considered that America's mishmash of immigrants meant they were inferior by default.

Later he found about black segregation, and changed his mind. The sequel of Mein Kampf covered that.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2010, 04:32:21 am »

Later he found about black segregation, and changed his mind. The sequel of Mein Kampf covered that.

And then Jesse Owens beat his zeppelin in a footrace, and he was like, "FUCK".  The longest limo ride home in the world - leaving the Olympics, defeated, with an even angrier-than-usual Hitler.

Been reading The Brick Testament, instead of studying or sleeping like I should.  They've really gotten around to illustrating the later, mind bogglingly insane, books of the New Testament.  Epistles and Revelations as performed by tiny plastic men is just too damn funny.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2010, 04:52:10 pm »

My favourite bit was the Son of Man with the sword coming out of his mouth.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2010, 05:33:26 pm »

Spoiler: A Face You Can Trust (click to show/hide)

I have to admit, reading the Bible is a lot easier when it's broken down into short lines and illustrated.  Last night, while reading Deuteronomy (The Law), I gave myself a project.  Transcribe the wacky-but-usually-concise laws of the Israelites into an applicable legal body.  Jurisprudence nerd that I am, it should be a lot of fun; considerably more than those musty old Ten Commandments.

In related news, I picked up a very nice annotated English-translation of the Qu'ran today, from a Islamic outreach symposium at my campus.  I'm a sucker for free literature and lemoncake.  I was able to make time to attend, because the class I was supposed to be in was canceled when the building caught fire.  I'm no spiritual authority, but I'm pretty sure that's a sign of something.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2010, 06:45:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

THAT's a face you can trust.

Oh, well, I somehow feel I TAUFU'd on my last post.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2010, 06:59:10 pm »

In related news, I picked up a very nice annotated English-translation of the Qu'ran today, from a Islamic outreach symposium at my campus.  I'm a sucker for free literature and lemoncake.  I was able to make time to attend, because the class I was supposed to be in was canceled when the building caught fire.  I'm no spiritual authority, but I'm pretty sure that's a sign of something.
Awesome. One day, you must help me tackle MDickie's Islam fanfic.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2010, 08:04:54 pm »

Last night, while reading Deuteronomy (The Law), I gave myself a project.  Transcribe the wacky-but-usually-concise laws of the Israelites into an applicable legal body.  Jurisprudence nerd that I am, it should be a lot of fun; considerably more than those musty old Ten Commandments.
Just be sure to burn it when you finish. Otherwise some fundie might find it and try to apply it to their community.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2010, 08:40:34 pm »

Well... From my point of view, the USA is in a pretty hefty downfall, in terms of global importance. Popular media (meaning lowest common denominator media) here used to kinda like you guys in the 90ies, hated you completely during the Iraq thing, but now don't even really mention you other than to laugh at your political processes. You're kinda like a modern Byzantine empire or something now, stagnating and crumbling under your own politics and infighting.

I am aware that this assertion is based on almost no proof and could probably be discredited by a drunken child, but for now I feel like I can post it and not feel completely ashamed of myself. Yet.
As an American, I'd say you'd be right.  Don't get me wrong, though;  we aren't doomed - the Byzantines weren't, they just failed to pick themselves back up.  We still have time to do that, and there are people trying to do so.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2010, 08:59:59 pm »

One day, you must help me tackle MDickie's Islam fanfic.

I am so there dude.  MDickie's Second Magnum Opus of the life of Mohammad will not escape my barely-learned critique.  I can't wait to see it.

Transcribe the wacky-but-usually-concise laws of the Israelites into an applicable legal body.
Just be sure to burn it when you finish. Otherwise some fundie might find it and try to apply it to their community.

It's mostly capitol punishment, usually by mob stoning, for doing anything weird or saying bad things about God.  It's stuff like the menstrual cleanliness laws that really make you stop and wonder how anyone actually sat down to decide the correct terms.  There's parts of it I have to admire though, like building a whole city for people who committed accidental manslaughter to hide from the family of their victims.  The Witness Protection Program, circa 1000BC I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13