Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Throne room  (Read 1974 times)

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Throne room
« on: April 28, 2010, 05:19:31 pm »

This is my glorious throne room.  It's currently being used by the count and it has a lot of solid gold furniture.  I recently discovered that i could have made it better if i manufactured blocks instead of using raw stone for the floor tiles though.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9350/throneroom.jpg

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Throne room
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 05:23:06 pm »

Neat, that done with one of the 40D##?

Todestool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 05:31:15 pm »

Pretty nifty.  If you have the space, you should carve out a dome in the layers above it.  Bonus points if the top center breaks through the surface and you cap it with crystal glass.  More bonus points if you carve out the layers beneath to form a huge hollow sphere with the red/green/gold sections suspended.

Of course, if you plan on giving this to the king eventually, you'll have to fill the carved and smoothed bowl with magma.  After all, kings have standards.  :D

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 05:33:49 pm »

ya this was the latest 40d release as the new one is a bit unworkable for me right now.

I would love to continue the project bt ever since the dwarven economy started up all my industries seem to have died

Dave Mongoose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 05:35:56 pm »

I like the compass design!

I've never got around to making any of my forts much more than functional, so seeing some of the amazing designs that people produce makes me wish I had the patience to plan out projects like this.

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 05:40:48 pm »

The best way to plan out a project imo is to designate the level right below your project to be mined in the pattern you want.  that way you can see how it looks, miners cant get to it, and you have a template to follow while you construct.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 05:59:04 pm »

I think I'll build a dome as described and use it as a dining hall with waterfalls.

Never seem to actually accomplish such things...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 05:59:58 pm »

dont forget to put floor grates over your drains to avoid loosing dwarfs into your pumping system.