Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Sleeping Around

(1/5) > >>

Yobgod:
Anyone else notice that our dwarfs are considering room assignments more like guidelines these days? Is this actually a bug of some sort (maybe they aren't giving themselves enough time to get back once they start getting tired)?

I found a peasant sleeping in one of my Legendary dwarf's suites (alone, no relationship status between them, no "took someone to bed" thoughts). This isn't an isolated incident, either.

I also regularly find non-military dwarves with perfectly good rooms nearby crashing out in the barracks.

Max White:
Yea, I'm getting that sometimes.
It most often happens when the dwarf doesn't have a bed of there own.

Yobgod:
*All* my dwarves have their own rooms at this point, and have for a few seasons (there was a break in immigration, blessedly).

Also there's a dormitory for overflow if some show up... but these dwarves are in and out of each other's bedrooms all day long. It's freaking Dwarven Melrose Place.

Need more lava...

The Architect:
My take on it (purely observation-based speculation) is that they now often work until critically drowsy, and then grab the most convenient bed. It's a combination of Toady's new work system (he mentioned that dwarves will no longer get slightly hungry then drop everything to go eat!) and a rather practical idea that dwarves who are tired enough will use any bed they can reach, not just their own.

Cheshire Cat:
the architect speaks sense.

unfortunately it often causes lots of unhappy thoughts, which is annoying and problematic if you are having lots of other problems, like unkillable forgotten beasts or lots of sieges or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version