Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Quickfort utility - ChromaFort  (Read 87331 times)

runrobotrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quickfort utility - ChromaFort
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 12:25:44 pm »

Bmp's that are not perfectly square give Chromafort problems, the csv's turn out all wrong.

I tested it with rectangles and it seemed to be working. You tried square images and those worked?

weird

sorry about the hiatus, I've been busy trying to graduate high school ><

source on the way
Quickfort utility, Chromafort

runrobotrun 8x8 tileset (early WIP)

soundtrack to your regicide, the Dwarven Mixtape

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 01:25:59 pm »

Squareness doesn't seem to affect it, but the dimensions do.  My first 70x70 square bmp didn't work properly; CF "found" 13 colors on my 3-color image, and the resulting CSV was distorted nearly into random noise.  Switching to a 128x128 canvas fixed it.  It may be safer to stick to powers of two or just go by trial and error until you find a canvas size that works. 

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest using "standard" colors like primary colors, secondary colors, shades of gray, or web colors.  I don't know if that has any effect and the readme says you can use whatever you want, but you never know.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2010, 12:37:25 pm »

this utility does not output good csv files, it really needs to put newlines out. btw, the 3 color bmp seems to have 3-6 colors on it for no reason.

dbg

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2010, 12:08:49 am »

This utility is great, I was doing this myself before with a complicated MATLAB image processing script! One thing that would be nice however is a command-line based utility, so that you could do many of these in batch, instead of loading several bmps up by hand.

You would of course have to give it the offsets manually (#FFFFFF or what have you) but it would be a great tool!

Currently my pipeline is:
1. Make PSD in photoshop with many layers (for different floors, build/dig/etc)
2. Use imagemagick to convert the PSD into many bmps with:
Code: [Select]
convert fort.psd BMP3:fort.bmp which generates:
Code: [Select]
fort-0.bmp
fort-1.bmp
fort-2.bmp
...etc
for each layer.

3. Currently I have to load the bmps individually, but it would be great if I could automate this with the above mentioned script.
4. Use a script to run all the csvs through qfconvert to make .mak files
5. Run them in DF!

If you would be willing to release the java source, I could cook up a command line utility for you.

randomnation

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2010, 12:49:59 pm »

Important Note: Like one of the previous posters mentioned-- The size of the image MUST be an exponent of 2 or a bunch of random colours will show when you try to convert. Ex: 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 10:31:06 am by randomnation »

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 08:45:32 pm »

sorry I know this is a super-old necro but is this mod compatible with the latestdwarf fortress version? or is there a equivlent utility?
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2014, 11:02:26 am »

Can anyone help me figure out why Chromafort is detecting colours that shouldn't be there? I've tried  making the same image with several programs and tried converting it on two different computers. The same thing happens regardless of what I do or what computer I try.

Spoiler: Screenshot of problem (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Apparently, I missed that images need to have dimensions that are powers of two in most cases - I didn't have this problem with another set of pictures. If anyone in the future has the same problem, check for this first.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:06:40 am by lordnincompoop »
Pages: 1 2 [3]