Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [MAC] Best version for adventure mode?  (Read 579 times)

TheBrushOfTheathers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tales From Anethacamade
[MAC] Best version for adventure mode?
« on: April 21, 2010, 12:41:35 am »

While waiting for the DF2010 for Mac version, I was wondering what is the best version (bugs, speed & everything considered) to play especially adventure more on the Mac. I am currently using DF 40d16,  should I upgrade to d17/d18/d19? I have read on the twiki that adventure mode seems to be buggy there, is that correct?
Gopet Cystpanted the Spurts of Bile was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Confederations of Sheltering. Gopet was most often depicted as a female ant and was associated with muck.

http://talesfromanethacamade.wordpress.com/

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MAC] Best version for adventure mode?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 12:55:13 am »

Least buggy version for adventure mode would be just 40d, the 40d# series was known for causing bugs in Adventure Mode.  You might want to replace the raws in 40d with the raws in 40d19, so you aren't missing out on any rebalancing.

TheBrushOfTheathers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tales From Anethacamade
Re: [MAC] Best version for adventure mode?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 05:41:25 am »

Yep, the problem is though that the speed optimizations introduced with the 40d# series are quite nice, and I feel their impact a lot on my machine (macbook 1.1); additionally, I use Mike Mayday's tiles, which are recommended for version 40d# (can you make them work at all with 40d?? ??? ). 
Should I stick to 40d16 or change to some other version?
Gopet Cystpanted the Spurts of Bile was a deity that occurs in the myths of The Confederations of Sheltering. Gopet was most often depicted as a female ant and was associated with muck.

http://talesfromanethacamade.wordpress.com/