Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

your most awesome land features

(1/1)

dwarfguy2:
post your most AWESOME land features here!

basically an excuse to write this:

in 40d, i used find to go after an area with a chasm, river, magma, and NO aquifer. no magma, but that's okay, i thought. then when i started playing, i saw that the chasm had somehow FLOODED and filled up all but the top zlevel.

Fredson:
Mine was a brook. Which was flying. From a mountain, off a cliff. ending in a 4z waterfall. flooding the whole valley it flew over. Well, maybe it was more of a natural aquaeduct, but flying sounds WAY cooler.

TigerPlushie:

--- Quote from: Fredson on April 21, 2010, 09:33:58 am ---Mine was a brook. Which was flying. From a mountain, off a cliff. ending in a 4z waterfall. flooding the whole valley it flew over. Well, maybe it was more of a natural aquaeduct, but flying sounds WAY cooler.

--- End quote ---

Something like this... actually it was a natural brook aqueduct... The hill went down, the brook didnt...

Pickled Tink:
I've had the brook aqueduct before, but the best for me was a completely flat plain with a pair of  linked mountains, and either side of my entrance were a pair of bottomless pits (It wasn't a magma pipe, there was one on the other side of the mountains. I have no idea where the second pit came from, there was a collapse on embark at the left pit though). I had to leave that because of framerate issues, but it was awesome.

Max White:
I would have to say the magma vent that continues into the heavens after the land has gone is awesome.

SOO easy to destroy all life...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version