Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Caln Elcarië - Elcarin Fortress Mod - v0.1.0  (Read 8876 times)

Furioso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Caln Elcarië - Elcarin Fortress Mod - v0.1.0
« on: April 22, 2010, 12:54:17 pm »

An unofficial mod based on Mark Rosenfelder's Almea.

Currently featuring 8 civilisations, 17 new plants, 20 new plant products, 9 new creatures, and 4 new materials.
Undergoing beta testing - new testers are always welcomed!

Found your elcarin outpost in the world of Almea.  Trade with the mountainhome and three friendly civilisations: the energetic humans, the eccentric flaids, and the wise ilii.  Defend your fortress against four all new enemies: rifters and icëlani from the forests, powerful reptilian ktuvoks from the swamps, and your twisted and evil cousins, the múrtani.

A completely overhauled farming system.  A wide range of new surface crops is available, producing seven new types of alcohol, five kinds of flour, two kinds of thread, and six other extracts - including tofu and tea leaves.

New Almean animals are available to capture and tame - notseh cows, nawr oxen, sammules, hwihwis, roas, and flauks.  New wild beasts include sea-monkeys, Almean seals, and ubir.

Four new metals are available based on real-world and Almean metallurgy - emur, bismuth pewter, white gold, and the very useful aluminum bronze.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Caln Elcarië - Elcarin Fortress Mod - v0.1.0
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 12:12:56 am »

Looks cool!

Could use graphics, and the human entry expanded with the caste system, but otherwise it look awesome.

Furioso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caln Elcarië - Elcarin Fortress Mod - v0.1.0
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 07:38:35 am »

Thank you!
The humans won't be getting more castes per se, but they definitely need fleshing out.  The current civilisation, based on Cuzei, will get priests as well as some more distinctive clothes; I may add a new civ based on Uytai.
As for graphics... I may give it a go, but I'm not much of a pixel artist.  At the moment the focus is on more developed civilisations and more animals.  Later on I hope to redo the language files for elcari, flaids, and humans, which will add a bit of flavour.