Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bronzemurdered: a mind-numbingly beautiful illustration of a Fortress' fall.  (Read 9403 times)

Ghavrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find it hard to believe this hasn't been posted here yet, but I searched "bronzemurdered" and didn't find anything. SO...

Genius. Sheer genius.

Ramps in DF are these sort of hyperdimensional monstrosities capable of allowing you to walk upwards in whatever direction seems plausible at the time

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EPIC
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

NoctisVampire

• Bay Watcher
  • Has withdrawn from society.
    • View Profile

Actually...this has been posted here in the community game section :)
Anyway...it's ¤impressive¤! BRONZEMURDER IS ALIVE!!! :D

Kza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BRONZEMURDER IS ALIVE

God, that was an incredible tale of something many, many players have gone through. I commend this artist and PRAY that he illustrates more incredible tales.
And then it's pretty much a normal fortress from then on.
I find the idea of a normal fortress amusing.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hell yes!  I'm so glad that he didn't give up!

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The trap lined tunnel needed a drawbridge in the middle.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The trap lined tunnel needed a drawbridge in the middle.

Forgotten Beasts tear through doors and bridges and such. This one flew.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone know if the creator of Bronzemurder has a blog with updates on the fortress?  I'd love to see how Bronzemurder is doing these days post-Oggez Rashas.

Just sent the creator a note.  On a sidenote, do the HFS beasts have widely variable stats?  Would 10 legendary axe dwarves with steel armor and weapons even have a chance?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 04:00:51 pm by VerdantSF »

Hamster Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would say yes. I've successfully killed several Forgotten Beasts with 5-6 militia armed with training weapons, and no armor. I only lost four dogs and one dwarf, too.

On the other hand, when inorganic types show up (made out of gem or rock or whatever), RUN! They are literally unkillable, except by dumping magma on them or encasing in ice/obsidian.
So there's that, as well. It looks like the only chronic problems that water can't cure are nausea and cave spider bites.
Which, coincidentally enough, can be cured by magma.

Justyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would say yes. I've successfully killed several Forgotten Beasts with 5-6 militia armed with training weapons, and no armor. I only lost four dogs and one dwarf, too.

On the other hand, when inorganic types show up (made out of gem or rock or whatever), RUN! They are literally unkillable, except by dumping magma on them or encasing in ice/obsidian.

Or controlled cave-in. (Which is easier, and how I kill them.)

DarthCloakedDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCloaked
    • View Profile

Good lord... this is awesome.
Yes. Clearly a bug that ought to be fixed in the future, but exploit it in the meantime.

Aescula: *snerk*  Just thought of a picture I saw a long tome ago...
Darth Guy: A long, long tome ago, in a library far, far away?

Afterburner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone know if the creator of Bronzemurder has a blog with updates on the fortress?  I'd love to see how Bronzemurder is doing these days post-Oggez Rashas.

According to the creator's recent posts on RPGNet, he continued on with Bronzemurder for some unspecified amount of time post-Oggez Rashas, but has since abandoned the fort.  Apparently he was able to recapture something of its former glory, but didn't say what caused him to ultimately abandon the fort.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

Someone post this on that forum! It shall greet the next five thousand!

It's from the fan art thread. You can blame Fault. It's a depiction of an in game creature. You'll have to check the DF General Forums and see the fan art thread, this one was about 5 or six pages back last I checked. Once you start hitting declarations of disgust you'll know the spot.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 08:06:22 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*snip image*

What the crap is that?

A mouth guy?

A handy mouth guy?
Pages: [1] 2