Poll

Sticky this thread?

Yes
- 304 (93.3%)
No
- 22 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 326

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Guide  (Read 83118 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --If you mod, read this--
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 04:54:43 pm »

In case of metals CCCCCCCC will say "INORGANIC", not "METAL".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --If you mod, read this--
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 08:34:11 pm »

It actually says metal, it works with metal, i've been able to make anything and everything out of that.

but if it makes everyone happy, i'll use inorganic.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --Working on creature stuff--
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 04:46:21 am »

Alright guys, it's late and I'm getting sleepy, but for now, one of the posts has EVERY single creature in vanilla df listed. (I went through the raws JUST in case.) I didn't know if there was a list already...

WARNING THERE ARE "SECRET" CREATURES LISTED...

There is also a reaction there for making dragon meat. The plan with that is to try to get dragon meat, all organs, fat, bone, skull and skin from it. (Miss anything?)

If you want to help, feel free.

-edit-

now don't i feel stupid? there is a wiki page with what looks like every creature... /sigh oh well, at least i have all the names in caps and in my guide for ease of finding...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 04:54:29 am by Shaostoul »
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Lancensis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --Now containing more spoilers--
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2010, 08:06:49 am »

Sorry if I'm being dense Shaostoul, but if I want to create reactions that use something like "Alchemy" or "Magic_Nature" as the skill, I don't have to add the appropriate job to the entity, do I? Will it just be one of those jobs like Pulling Levers, or Deconstructing Walls, that nobles, children and anyone who is free will do?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2010, 02:06:52 pm »

Some of the skills are iffy how they work and what not... but with magic_nature, I don't believe there is anything to enable. Anyone will do the job with that one. However, with alchemy, seeing as there is a labor listing for it, dwarfs will need to have alchemy enabled to do the job.

I didn't add any skills to the dwarf entity file, so I believe you don't have to add anything.

Some skills didn't need any labors to be enabled, while others needed labors enabled.

It's all really hit or miss presently, but that's what I've got. Every skill you see in that skill list, it raised a skill, I tested every...single...skill...

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 03:19:21 am »

Hey guys, I wanted to bump this. I've made a great leap...

I've got practically everything creature related figured out. The only thing I'm have problem with is shells and bones... if you know anything, let me know.

You'll see a post about creatures and two spoilers in that post. You can more or less figure it out from there, however I'll try to make it even more user/noob friendly.

I've got near every item able to be made, there is a little bit of trouble here and there, but I've more or less got it figured out. I'll have the post above the creature one updated to the item post eventually.

With that said...

THE TWO POSTS TO SEE ARE THE POST ABOUT CREATURES AND THE ONE ABOVE IT WITH NO RED LETTERING... my note post...

Just wanted you guys to know I haven't forgotten about ya. ;)

--edit--

i'm heading to bed, pick up where i left off tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 04:32:09 am by Shaostoul »

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2010, 08:04:23 pm »

What tokens do you use to make seeds a product of your reaction?

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2010, 09:36:16 pm »

I honestly wouldn't use seeds. I'm working on all the product reactions over the next few days. It'd be a lot safer to use the plant reactions I got posted already and make the whole plant and do what you have to, to get the seeds from said plant.

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2010, 09:46:17 pm »

Its a custom plant with a custom reaction, and the reaction won't produce the seed(I do not want this particular reaction to produce the seed anyways.) I was hoping that I could make another reaction so that the plant is cut into shoots(the seed) so it can be replanted.

PS- thanks for answering my custom building/power question earlier

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2010, 11:07:06 pm »

Uhmmm... I believe the product may be...
This is just off the top of my head mind you...

[PRODUCT:100:1:SEED:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:(your plant)]

LucasUP

• Bay Watcher
  • Devout Cheeseist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2010, 11:13:19 pm »

I don't know if this is helpful, but I was just going to ask you how to create something MADE from leather (specifically a quiver!), when I figured it out on my own:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think as a newbie to modding the thing I want MOST is how the grammer is formatted (TYPE:SUBTYPE:MATERIAL:MATGLOSS) and then a LIST OF WHAT CAN GO IN EACH FIELD. Right now the wiki is incredibly incomplete, even for older versions, which is giving me a huge headache.
OG founder of the Lazy Newb Pack

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2010, 11:43:16 pm »

I actually already tried that solution before you posted it, and it only made more of the same plant.
Seeds have their own mat type, so plant_mat wont work.I've devised my own solution, but haven't tested it yet since I'm going to make a couple of reactions and then test them all at the same time.

My theorized solution:
   [PRODUCT:100:3:SEED:NO_SUBTYPE:SEED_MAT:VINES_RATTAN:SEED]
It might need PLANT instead of SEED before the subtype, I am going to test it in a bit.

Ive made a working reaction that uses bones, and one that uses skulls if it helps you.

Snippet from the reaction that uses skulls:
   [REAGENT:B:100:1:SKULL:NO_SUBTYPE:SKULL:NO_MATGLOSS]

Snippet from the reaction that uses bones:
   [REAGENT:100:1:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:BONE:NO_MATGLOSS]

« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:44:56 pm by masakhan »

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2010, 12:02:43 am »

Thanks for the info you two.

@Lucas - I plan to eventually have a list of what can go in what field, once I have a more complete list of working reactions. I figure if I have the guide complete, I wouldn't need that sort of list though. I would play with the Wiki, but I don't know how to format stuff in that, so if someone who is practiced in the wiki wants to contact me, I'd appreciate it. My only question is if it allows... spoiler like stuff so I can make the page just a little more compact.

@masakhan - That may actually be really helpful on the bone part. I'll have to play with that. Hmmm, I'm going to try something real quick for seeds.

Here's a few products.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Those aren't official products, I haven't tested them, but I'm pretty sure they'll work.

Hope that helps ya some. There is a seed and plant cloth in there.

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2010, 12:05:25 am »

I was going to make a workshop that converted some items into a custom metal bar called trash...I'll test some of them.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2010, 12:51:38 am »

Okie doke. At this point I'm feeling like playing DF, so I'm working on a mega project. Involving water, tons of stone and eventually making my way into the caves. I have 100 z-levels above ground and 100? below ground? idno what that world gen setting does exactly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29