Poll

Sticky this thread?

Yes
- 304 (93.3%)
No
- 22 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 326

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]

Author Topic: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Guide  (Read 82329 times)

Windpoison

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Modding Guide --your chance--
« Reply #420 on: July 03, 2012, 12:12:03 am »

Hugo, you are quickly becoming a hero in my eyes. Thank you.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #421 on: July 03, 2012, 12:16:42 am »

Hugo, you are quickly becoming a hero in my eyes. Thank you.
I try :P your welcome
If I write up any explainations for other things, I may make my own thread, but since this a modding guide already might as well add something.

Tierre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 03, 2012, 03:23:34 am »

Well Hugo you are already a Guru in modding heh:) So i think your own modding thread with a lot of good things and pinned at the header of thread is a good thing:)

Aboth Ber

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of his mispronunciation and malapropism
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 06, 2012, 09:32:56 pm »

It would be nice if someone make a detailed modding guide like a user manual that describe token with detailed information... It would be great for helping newbie understanding numerous token and what it does... The token explanation in dwarf wiki is somewhat brief and leave many unanswered question...

but I think I ask too much...
Aurora Community Game: Allies and Reich in Space. :
Year 2004: Reich in Jupiter. Now what?

Only You can help the Allies conquer the stars! For Freedom and Capitalism!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 06, 2012, 09:40:56 pm »

Well I think that is what this thread is all about, But I think it has fallen a bit out-dated.

I was tempted to make such a thread, but I'm torn in so many directions. I fear doing something like that will be too much for me to do alone.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 07, 2012, 09:39:44 am »

Well I think that is what this thread is all about, But I think it has fallen a bit out-dated.

I was tempted to make such a thread, but I'm torn in so many directions. I fear doing something like that will be too much for me to do alone.

I'd be happy to help out where I can. I'm sure some of the other modders would be as well.  :)

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 07, 2012, 12:54:44 pm »

Well If I did create such a thread what should it be called? "Modding Guide"? "Modding FAQs"? "The Wiki Under the Scope"?

lol I know we have the [MODDING] question threads (quite a bit of them too) for general modding to more spacific modding questions.

But what would be the start of teh thread? I know I can re-work and re-do the Reaction Explaination on page 28, but I cant off the top of my head think of questions that need to be asked to start modding DF. As when I started I just jumped head-first into raws, armed with only the wiki and errorlog.

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 24, 2013, 01:52:28 am »

ho-ho, a necro, ho-ho
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #428 on: November 29, 2013, 05:48:31 pm »

Holy crapola it's me again! I haven't been around in ages!

I'm back because, no other game out currently satisfies what Dwarf Fortress has spoiled me with.

Space Base DF-9. Not nearly as fun.
Rimworld. Same as above.

Mind you they do have 'fancy graphics' and are still in very alpha stage with not remotely the amount of work put into them yet. They still however lack what DF offers.

Anywho, I saw Darond2100's necro, in 2013, so I thought I'd pop by and say hi to all the lovelies and announce my sort of return.

I won't be working on tutorial stuff for quite some time, as I'm work on developing my own video game with a small team that's in the very early stages of development, but if I get the itch to mess with DF again, I'll be sure to do so.

-edit-

As a side question... How pertinent is all of my information still? Has enough changed that this is all obsolete?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #429 on: November 30, 2013, 05:05:36 am »

Its not obsolete, but there have been massive improvements and new things, like interactions. And the next df version is around the corner, which will be a super massive update, Toady One has been working 14 months on it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #430 on: November 30, 2013, 11:21:43 pm »

Thanks for the reply!

What are interactions? Like catapult/pump interactions or something else?

I'll see about getting back into the swing of things and making sure everything is updated. Probably start a new thread as well just for the new DF version whenever it comes out.

Is there anything in particular, in regards to improvements and interactions that would be important to know?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 01, 2013, 01:56:26 am »

Thanks for the reply!

What are interactions? Like catapult/pump interactions or something else?

I'll see about getting back into the swing of things and making sure everything is updated. Probably start a new thread as well just for the new DF version whenever it comes out.

Is there anything in particular, in regards to improvements and interactions that would be important to know?

Interactions are a method for creatures to impart syndromes, resurrect creatures, animate creatures as undead, begin sneaking, use material emissions (gas, vapor, dust, firebreath, etc) or contact body parts with another creature (in-game, this means vampires, nothing, necromancers, squids, dragons/fire imps/magma crabs/forgotten beasts and cat head-bumps).

The game now includes an interaction examples folder which you should check out. The wiki also has some nice articles. There are also new syndrome creature effects that can be seen in the syndrome article under "special effects" or something along those lines.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Guide
« Reply #432 on: December 01, 2013, 07:38:16 pm »

Thanks, I'll have to check it out.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: --GUIDE-- Shaostoul's Guide
« Reply #433 on: December 02, 2013, 11:55:36 am »

You can do all kinds of stuff with them.. narhiril has mages that buff each other, I have a forge that turns dwarves into Goems, or a laboratory that gives permanent buffs against specific species... tons of things can be done, best examples are halfings disease mod and indigofenix plump helmet men. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]