Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Let's Horribly Break Hidden Agenda  (Read 67378 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Horribly Break Hidden Agenda
« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2010, 04:16:56 am »

We're Sorry For Kicking You Out Ehrlich

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Graphs and Charts" (click to show/hide)

---
With this post, I'm going to end this Hidden Agenda LP. I have broken the game many times, and I learnt a lot, but frankly, I'm becoming so spiteful of the game that I don't think it'd be fun for me to see it anymore. I know I haven't finished a lot: I haven't gotten Ehrlich to rig the elections with Correa as Sole Chief of Staff, nor did I ever start the "Popular Stability" run, but I just don't feel as if I have the strength or the willpower to continue trying. End it with a bang, not with a whimper.

If you guys like it or anything, then just post here saying you do, and forward this thread to anyone who does play Hidden Agenda. HA is a game after all, and people need to know how to play games effectively.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2010, 12:16:34 am »

Thanks for sharing this game with us, SC.  I gave it a couple of tries myself and didn't survive long at all, so I would have quit from frustration before realizing what an interesting simulation it is.  It really shows that a president can have the best intentions, and try to keep everyone happy, but fail because some groups will always hate other groups.  And the government will go bankrupt.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 30, 2010, 07:36:42 am »

Thanks for playing this game as much as you did.  Your epic struggle lasted longer than most.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2010, 11:50:30 pm »

I didn't really want to go back to Chimerica, the country where dreams goes to get beaten up by left-wing goons or killed by right-wing death squads. But I have forgotten one last event chain. So...there is one last playthrough...

Colonel Ehrlich's Joyride, Year 1, Dry Season

Spoiler: Interesing Pictures (click to show/hide)
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2010, 10:52:05 am »

Colonel Ehrlich's Joyride, Year 1, Rainy Season
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 10:53:37 am by Servant Corps »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2010, 04:01:04 pm »

Colonel Ehrlich's Joyride, Year 1, Harvest Season

Spoiler: PaxAmericana (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Interesting Pictures (click to show/hide)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2010, 05:19:15 pm »

Colonel Ehrlich's Joyride, Year 2, Dry Season

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2010, 06:25:09 pm »

Colonel Ehrlich's Joyride, Year 2, Rainy Season

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:54:52 pm by Servant Corps »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2010, 07:04:02 pm »

Colonel Ehrlich's Joyride, Election Season

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:23:24 pm by Servant Corps »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2010, 08:41:12 pm »

Colonel Ehrlich's Joyride, Year 2, Harvest Season
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:49:24 pm by Servant Corps »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2010, 09:49:02 pm »

Colonel Ehrlich's Joyride, Year 3

Spoiler: Graphs and Charts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Game Breaking Bugs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:50:36 pm by Servant Corps »

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2010, 09:30:27 am »

IMPORTANT NEWS
According to a VLP of Hidden Agenda, it is possible to get Hidden Agenda to consider you an Arch-Conservative. The player, PlumpHelmetPump, chose following options:
-free and open distribution of information (even extreme Popular Stabilitarians hate censorship)
-developmental programs that protect the free movement of goods and capital (No Marketing Board!)
-improvement of the country's infrastructure: road, utilities, and port facilities (build stuff to help to export crop producers!)

"The new government therefore seemed determined to limit government to a traditional managerial role, opting not to risk economic dislocation in pursuit of social justice. Resisting all attempts to soften this position, the new president held firmly to the principle that government interference in the lives of its citizens should be kept to a minimum."

I'm still surprised how little I know of this game.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:48:31 am by Servant Corps »

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2010, 01:06:07 am »

Wait, you didn't know how to be considered a conservative? That was like the first thing I got.

... Oh yeah. This is me talking.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2010, 08:02:14 pm »

So wait, conservatives are AGAINST censorship?  I find that odd.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2010, 10:34:42 pm »

So wait, conservatives are AGAINST censorship?  I find that odd.

In Hidden Agenda, an extreme right-wing government never overtly shuts down a opposition newspaper (and the right-wing paramilitaries would have done so regardless), while an left-wing government faced with a growing insurgency will call for a State of Emergency, engaging in censorship and even calling for the temporary shutdown of Chimerica Ahora, for no real good reason.

Basically, think of conservatives preferring 'unoffical censorship' as opposed to 'offical censorship'.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10