Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

D. W. Bradley's Wizards & Warriors // Equip Up... // A Community Lets Play...

(1/11) > >>

Neyvn:
Spoiler: Disclaimer (click to show/hide)Now perhaps you have never heard of it. But this is a hidden gem of a game made by Activision and Heuristic Park. The guys that made Wizardry V, VI and VII. It is a RPG played from the First Person perspective but I will leave the link in the spoiler give you some fluff you might want to know... http://www.heuristicpark.com/ Click Wizards and Warriors tab on the left for a blurb about the game.

Now then, the other night I was browsing through my Game Cupboard for something different to play and noticed that I have this, so I installed it and while waiting for it to install I thought, "Hmmm, this would be a good game for a Lets Play. So I will start this and make it a Community Game, the reason I declared this a Community game, because I myself am not making the characters to use other then limiting the Race that they will be. It will be up to you to finish them for me...

Our Race is Dwarf and Dwarf only. There is a choice of 4 different faces for Males and 3 for the Females, 4 Base Classes to choose from and a selection of other things that will be explained below. You will be selecting what and where each point will go into and how your character grows, for it is not a Random party that will be played. These Dwarves will be you. But I am not a kind RPG player. Espcially in games like this. I play on Hard even though the last time I played this was YEARS ago, back when I was in School...

I am also adding a Key Rule. Only one Player will be Revived when they die and that player will be the one that took an Oath that is needed to play the game, the problem is, this Oath takes a while to reach and until then. If your character Dies, they will be cast away and a new character created, even if we have reached the End Game, if EVERYONE bar ONE character has died, only the Oath Bearer will be Revived. I actually want to have a Waiting List of players and characters ready for Creation should it (AND IT WILL) happen...

Spoiler: Now then Character Creation... (click to show/hide)We start with our Race, which by Default will be Dwarf as stated beforehand. They give some nice stat boosts that would communally put them in the classes of Warrior or Priest, but with only Dwarves to choose from, I will be looking for a Rogue and Wizard to be put into the Party. The following Profile will be needed to be filled for each character you make...

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Name: // WILL BE SENSIBLE, Nothing Offensive or downright stupid unless of course DF's Random Name Generator can create it. ^_^ //
Gender/Face: // Male or Female. Also Pic Face Number. //
Class: // There are Four to choose from. //
Stats: // You gain 7pts to be put into Any of the 8 Attributes shown below //
Skills: // All Classes get 3pts for Skills, Spellcasters choose two spells costing a Skill Point Each //
NOTE: As a spell caster, you may choose from both available Schools of magic available to your class, but if doing so, you lose the ability to spend 1 point in a Weapon Proficiency as it costs a Point to Learn the School before the spell.

Example Character Sheet.
Name: Urist McWarrior
Class: Warrior
Stats: +4 Strength, +2 Presence, +2 Dexterity
Skills: +1 Axe, +1 Shield, +1 Athletics

Gender / Face: The gender of the character affects a few things, while Faces are Cosmetic so you know which is which in the Party Screen...
A Male for example gets +1 to Strength, while a Female will get +1 to Agility. Also each gender has a grouping of faces to choose from...

Classes: There are 4 Base Classes available in the beginning, with more extending from them as the game continues. For example a Warrior can become a Barbarian or a Paladin. Each takes a Quest to advance and also each shop has a Guild which that class can join to allow for extra training to skills, stats and traits, including Advancement Quests. Each Advance Class can enter an old Guild with no problems, but after Advancing there is no reverting classes...

The Warrior // The warrior is the Tank of the Party and doesn't really need a description, Bear in mind that despite the Goal Item being a Sword, The Sword Skill can be developed during the Game. A Warrior can use three Skill Points to boost any of the Skills in their list. Unlimited by required skills or spell books...

The Rogue // The Rogue is our cleaver little Thief. Doors, Chests and other things/people can be picked by their nimble hands. Cause not always do we want to put our foot through it right...? A Rogue can Also become the Oath Bearer like the Warrior. A Rogue can use only one Skill Point as they use 2 points to boost their Class Required skills...

The Wizard // The Wizard at the Beginning has access to two Schools of Magic, Sun - Flames and Burning goodness, and Stone - Earth and Energy in form and effect. They are asked to add two spells to the books meaning that you could take one from both schools, but this in total will use up all their Skill Points...

The Priest // The Priest is the Healer and Watcher of the Group. With two Schools of Magic, Sprite - Life energies and boosts to the party, and Vine - Sapping spells that can be cast against their foes. They are an important member of the Party, just for the fact that they can keep people alive. A must when there is Permadeath Rules in play. They are asked to add two spells to the books meaning that you could take one from both schools, but this in total will use up all their Skill Points...

Stats: There are 8 Different Attributes that can boost your character's chances at living through the game, each affect the classes differently and each affect their combat abilities...

Mental:
Intellect // Intellect affects your ability to learn new magic spells and skills, is also important in disarming traps. Best for Wizards, Priests and Rogues...
Spirituality // Affects your ability to learn new magic spells and also affects magic powers. Best for Wizards and Priests...
Will // Affects how fast you replenish your magic powers and is your magic resistance to magic elements and enchantments. Best for all really...
Presence // Affects how others receive you such as being afraid, indifferent or aggressive. Best for all really...

Physical:
Strength // Affects your ability to use weapons, how heavy an armour you can wear and how much weight you can carry. Best for Warriors...
Dexterity // Affects your ability yo use weapons effectivily and is important for things like pickpocketing. Best for Warriors and Rogues...
Agility // Affects how fast you can move and attack as well as how well you can dodge the attacks from your foes. Best for all really...
Fortitude // Affects your toughness and endurance while also affecting how fast you recover from wounds. Best for all really...

After we have gathered 6 Dwarves at the Inn we will venture out into the world...

Players :
Spoiler: Moradin/Pathos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Koln Mabdug/Archangel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Doombeard/Spartan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Menaceheals/Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Steelbone/Boski (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stiehl/LostEnder (click to show/hide)

Waiting at the Inn:
Spoiler: Tor-ey/Pathos (click to show/hide)Name: Tor-ey ( If that's possible, if not just do Torey )
Class: Wizard
Stats: +4 Intellect, +2 Spirituality, +1 Will
Skills: Sorcery, Stonecraft
Graveyard:
Empty, not one death yet, but there will be...

Neyvn:
Spoiler: Something has Happened... (click to show/hide)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luRT2UgcVWk

Pathos:
Name: Moradin
Stats: +3 Strength, + 1 Dexterity, + 1 Fortitude, +2 Presence
Skills: Axe, Leadership, Athletics

Eventually evolve him into a paladin, hopefully. Feel free to piss about with the stats / skills if they're crappy.

Neyvn:
Wow that was a fast response...
No worries. I hope you make it my friend...  ;D

Archangel:
Name: Koln Mabdug
Sex/Face: Male/4
Stats: +2 Strength, +2 Fortitude, +1 Will, +1 Presence, +1 Dexterity
Skills: Sword, Shield, Athletics

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page