Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Token request: AMMOPROOF  (Read 1706 times)

Align

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Token request: AMMOPROOF
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 07:35:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Hague:
<STRONG>Simply giving the [CRIT_BOOST:] token to ammo would solve this problem by changing crit_boost to zero.</STRONG>
Doesn't really make any sense that they would be unable to hit internal organs. Really, they should just be more affected by armor (ie completely useless against platemail except at very close range).
My stray dogs often chase fire imps back into the magma pipe and then continue fighting while burning and drowning in the lava. Truly their loyalty knows no bounds, but perhaps it should.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 09:08:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrax:
<STRONG>If you're using DF ballistae to shoot flies, you're doing it all wrong.  They're already siege proof by being vermin.

Problem solved.</STRONG>

Oh good.

*Wonders what would happen if [VERMIN] was added to the Kobold...*

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2008, 10:25:00 am »

« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 07:18:09 pm by penguinofhonor »

N35t0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 11:46:00 am »

And they'd be dearly afraid of cats.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2008, 11:59:00 am »

And if you ever caught one, some dwarf would come by and eat it.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 02:08:00 pm »

Well, actually, bolts have [CRIT_BOOST:2] the same as all other piercing weapons. That's the problem. They have deadly criticals. Reducing the critical boost will make arrows and bolts deadly for their attack speed and range and not because they pierce your liver, lungs, groin, thumb, and heart and would make them more affected by armor. If you didn't like it, you could just change the values back, but being unable to change the critical types of ammunition doesn't make much sense. What if I want blunted crossbow bolts?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 03:02:00 pm »

I already suggested (though in a non-demanding way) that Toady merge all items together.

For example, I fail to see why couldn't armor or shields have damage and crit bonuses, why swords (with guards) wouldn't provide coverage and armor bonuses, why wouldn't arrows have value modifiers, why couldn't all items have possible variants for "chain_metal", "preplural", "adjective", or the "hits" variable from the trapcomps. Even value and weight tags aren't present on most items.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 [2]