Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A general feeling for when 0.31.04 will be released?  (Read 3900 times)

Unshaven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A general feeling for when 0.31.04 will be released?
« on: April 23, 2010, 09:15:51 am »

Like the title says do we have an idea of when this will come out?
It's just some of the more recent bugs have been a pretty big hindrance to the creation of my fort.

Still I am a big fan of the game and have great respect for toady's game making skills. I made sure to send 20 bucks his way when I got my raise yesterday. So any speculation on 0.31.04
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:24:34 am by Unshaven »
On any other forum my name would be considered dirty

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A general feeling for when 0.31.04 will be released?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 09:18:22 am »

I reckon 1:26pm 13th May 2010 (GMT)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 09:38:37 am »

Speaking seriously - I for one really don't know. There hasn't been an update in the dev log for almost a week. I hope all's well in Toadyville...
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 09:41:34 am »

6:27am April 24 2010 forum time is my guess.  I say we go from the first announcement Toady makes on the forum.

Speaking seriously - I for one really don't know. There hasn't been an update in the dev log for almost a week. I hope all's well in Toadyville...
Possibly the government abducted him to turn DF into a weapon. Who knows. He's probably just busy squashing swarms of inane bugs one by one while trying to learn the best way to utilize a new bug tracker and also he mentioned some stuff about working on the forums. Toady, if you read this, see how much we love you! We even worry about your personal safety after not hearing from you for a few days!

PS: If Toady has been kidnapped who is joining the rescue party? I have some guns but we will need more. And alcohol.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 09:52:37 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Unshaven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 09:44:52 am »

Ya I too noticed the lack of updates on the Dev log.. which is partially the reason for me making this post.
BTW I think It'll come out 12:43pm May 5th about a week and a half away from today. What am I basing this on.. nothing of course. LOL

CptFastbreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 09:52:13 am »

PS: If Toady has been kidnapped who is joining the rescue party? I have some guns but we will need more. And alcohol.

I could only join if he has been abducted to Europe. Alcohol would be no problem though, we have lots of Legendary Brewers here.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 09:59:32 am »

I could only join if he has been abducted to Europe. Alcohol would be no problem though, we have lots of Legendary Brewers here.

Excellent, we should meet halfway.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 10:05:16 am »

Iceland even has a volcano! If you think about it right (Allow me to arbitrarily decide both of your starting locations), that's halfway.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 10:06:31 am »

I'll join if you give me time to stand in the barracks for a few months slowly becoming a legendary fighter and a Master of whatever weapon you give me.

(I'm a dabbling knife user, and I have some low quality wooden training weapons!)
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Unshaven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 10:49:12 am »

After many years of practice I am master at clubbing people with my crossbow.. I will join this this epic party. So where is Toady Ville anyhow....

masakhan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 10:54:18 am »

Masakhan cancels live life: Seeking Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 11:11:32 am »

It will be out on 24th October, 2010.

Thank you.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 11:43:03 am »

The lack of bugfixes suggests to me that he's working on the merge. Mac and Linux players are still (largely) left out of things.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 01:51:21 pm »

Iceland even has a volcano! If you think about it right (Allow me to arbitrarily decide both of your starting locations), that's halfway.

I put in a vote for "When Eyjafjallajökull's big brother erupts." That is likely to be in the next 6 months, if the past 2,000 years is any indicator.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 01:54:51 pm »

A weaponized DF? What would that be: DF controlling robot behavior?

I can see it now, put beer-powered Dwarf-bots in terrorist infested town, have a DF player control the bots (complete with unintuitive interface, of course) from afar, and then have the player make the robots build a mega construction involving magma and water. Invariably, the end result would be burning terrorists and robots.
Pages: [1] 2