Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Military Dwarves Skulking in Barracks  (Read 808 times)

Scribble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Military Dwarves Skulking in Barracks
« on: April 23, 2010, 06:55:35 am »

Despite problems with equiping them, I hadn't any trouble with the squad 'kill' button (the squad would happily charge off and smash a buzzardect) till a titan showed up; when asked to kill it the dwarves promptly ran to their barracks and refused to come out. This was extremely funny at the time but getting a little annoying; the only way I can aget them to fight things now is the old system of stationing them next to a monster. Does anyone know what might be cousing this, equipment issues>?

Thankfully the Hydra was killed by an axewielding clothier who decided to play Toreador (Lured the thing into charging him, then cut off it's heads after leaping to the side) But I've now a Bronze colosuss to deal with. Speaking of which are they killable now?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 07:41:56 am by Scribble »

Surray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Military Dwarves Skulking in Barracks
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 07:50:21 am »

I have the same problem occasionally but couldn't figure out how to fix it, other than as you said, stationing them near the target instead.
I assume it's just one of the many military issues waiting to be fixed by our beloved leader.

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 08:49:18 am »

It's probably equipment issues.  I had a whole squad except one dwarf decide that they'd really rather hang out in the barracks than go kill the goblins attacking the dwarven caravan.  They'd sometimes go outside the door, then turn around and come back in again.  I wasn't checking their equipment and it seems some had picked up more than one weapon, two shields, etc and perhaps they were chasing each other to take the items the others were wearing.
I had to reload and try again with a move order, this was more successful but I still lost the caravan.  I'm going to try disbanding them all, dumping their equipment and trying again with a fresh uniform, now that I know how they work.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

Scribble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 09:24:42 am »

Thanks, not looking forward to manually equiping all 40 soldiers though.   As an asside does anyone know how to edit the raws to make the Bronze Colossi killable?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 09:41:10 am »

Thanks, not looking forward to manually equiping all 40 soldiers though.   As an asside does anyone know how to edit the raws to make the Bronze Colossi killable?
[HOMEOTHERM:400000].
You'll thank me later.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 09:42:38 am »

Crossbows that fire giant saw blades.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 01:27:23 pm »

As a quick fix, maybe you can try removing the barracks room designation?