Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's wrong with my smelter reaction mods?  (Read 1050 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
What's wrong with my smelter reaction mods?
« on: April 23, 2010, 02:11:28 pm »

I got them right off the wiki:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Can anyone give me some help please?
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's wrong with my smelter reaction mods?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 02:33:42 pm »

PS. the adamantine wafers seem to be working fine, its everything else that isn't right now

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 02:46:25 pm »

Bars have no dimension.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 02:47:15 pm »

Add those reactions to the dwarf entity file, and regen your world.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 02:57:03 pm »

Well thank you for helping but I'm not sure I entirely understand:

Add those reactions to the dwarf entity file, and regen your world.

Do I just put them anywhere after the normal dwarf entity file parts? Do I put in the whole reaction or just part?

Please don't quote me.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 03:15:59 pm »

Nevermind, it seems that in this version, you have to actually add it under "permitted reactions."

That should really be listed somewhere.

Please don't quote me.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 04:33:47 pm »

See my guide...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 06:52:24 pm »

most metal items I make are iron. It doesn't matter what the base material is.

The only exception I noted so far have been the copper picks I metalbashed at the beginning. My steel goods are coming up iron :(.

Bug? Solution?

Please don't quote me.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 10:14:32 pm »

What's the reaction for the item you've got? Also, if you're editing it in an already genned world, are you editing it in the save folder? Reaction info is saved in the save folder now... (so it's easier to send a saved game around)
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2010, 04:19:13 pm »

The reactions work now, but everything I make seems to come out as Iron. Let me be clear, I am not talking about smelter or other reactions. I am talking about the forge/metalsmith's workshop.

I can throw in a bar of any metal and have it come out iron: this is both good and bad. Anything less valuable than Iron forms iron goods, but anything more valuable than iron also forms iron goods....

Unfortunately this is a documented bug. Thanks to everyone who helped me get going here.

Truean

Please don't quote me.