Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: Goldanguishes : Succession Glacier Volcano Fort with Antmen and DOOM  (Read 39301 times)

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Name] : Sucession Glacier Volcano Fortress with Antman Civ
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 12:26:54 am »

Aight, I'm in. I'll take any of the dwarves that are left (I think I only saw one..) and I'll take the next turn (6?)

Nickname: Matuin
Skills: 5 pts mining
         3 pts furnace operation
         2 pts masonry
Profession: Miner
Equipment: Pick of any material/quality, though I'd prefer to upgrade the pick to w/e we can find asap (Running into that monster in a cavern is a lot more fun with a steel pick than a shitty copper one =P)

EDIT: I looked back, there are two openings. I'll take Igniz

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 12:43:38 am »

Matuin, I have aknowledged, noted, and updated your preferences. If you should change your mind before embark, send over a new post and i'll change it.

Unfortunately I am not certain that I can embark with a new pick, i'll try to replace your copper pick with first a bronze, then a steel one asap, though.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 12:48:15 am »

Unfortunately I am not certain that I can embark with a new pick, i'll try to replace your copper pick with first a bronze, then a steel one asap, though.

Good enough for me! =3

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 12:54:52 am »

Lastly, as soon as I get skills and other prefs for our last embarking member, deduk, I will embark.

I also want to point out that our random genned fortress name means "Goldanguishes" and our random group name is "The Savage Relic"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 01:50:07 am by heyguys »

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 01:58:33 am »

The presence of Anguish indicates the fruitfulness (storywise) of our venture.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 10:33:14 am »

Good enough for me! =3

You can embark with different material picks. And bronze ones aren't very expensive.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 12:51:57 pm »

You can embark with different material picks. And bronze ones aren't very expensive.

Actually it is far, far, far cheaper to just bring along the constituent parts than the finished product itself. I'm just bringing more wood (to burn) and i'll craft these items on day 1.

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 03:04:25 pm »

Again, calling for one more dwarf so we can embark. I'll wait one more hour (5pm EST) before I just set him to full military skills and embark anyway. Update after that will be done by today.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 03:15:54 pm »

Again, calling for one more dwarf so we can embark. I'll wait one more hour (5pm EST) before I just set him to full military skills and embark anyway. Update after that will be done by today.

Make him/her a doctor instead. We'll probably need one.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2010, 03:21:01 pm »

Good idea, noted.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2010, 05:30:54 pm »

Let's do this!

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2010, 06:26:32 pm »

We are doing this, it is 12 galena right now. I'll have an year-end update posted shortly. We have not yet breached the magma pipe just yet, but preparations are almost complete to do so. I will also update the first 3 posts.

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2010, 01:38:51 pm »

Centuries later, Dwarven archeologists recovered these worn tablets, the oldest being as follows:

"Recollections of "HeyGuys" Pagedgleam at the conclusion of 1051:

...We have set onwards towards our new "home". On the command of our king, we seven dwarves have embarked to settle upon a volcano sitting above a glacier. We have been told that there are great riches there. As well, the King's spy's report that antmen deep within the Stone have claimed this land already. We will reclaim it for the glory of our King. I will not tell you how or why we came to be selected for this duty. It is sufficient that we are now here.

THE LAST DWARF TO EMBARK
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...There were too few volunteers upon embarking, so at the last moment I hired a veteran combat doctor to come along with us and heal us in our times of woe. I fear he may be useless...

OUR EMBARK ITEMS

...We have set out with much food and drink and raw material, but I fear it may not be enough...

THE EMBARK SCREEN

...Our glory is before us...

OUR EMBARK SITE

...Upon ariving at the site, we voted to disembark our goods and kick our wagon into the volcano out of spite. Let no Dwarf think that he may turn back from this place. As the only architect, I was selected to plan out a path for our survival. Our supplies are short, so I will have to set up working farms and brew more drinks, or else we will all die of thirst...

OUR PARENT CIVILIZATION

...For a moment, let us recall the glorious leaders that have sent us here to die horrible deaths...

PLANNED MAIN LIVING Z-LEVEL

...I have planned out and set out to construct our main industrial area, with room for expansion and our farms and dining area. Matuin and I work day and night...

CONSTRUCTION UNDER WAY

...The non-miners, however, are plenty busy. I have comissioned them to build an enclosure for our goods and ourselves using the rocks left behind from the excavations...

PLANNED MAGMA DIVERSION

...I planned to use the magma to heat up water, and then re-divert the water into our farms. It is the only way we will be able to farm in such a hellish terrain...

PLANNED WATER COURSE

WATER COURSE PREPARATIONS

MAGMA COURSE PREPARATIONS

...We must be extremely careful. Melting and re-freezing water is extremely dangerous...

THE DIG AT MAGMA

...I personally set about to dig the channel to let flow the magma...

THE RESULT 1

THE RESULT 2

LIVING AREA NOW

WATER RE-FREEZES AND REFUSES TO FLOW

MAGMA SOLIDIFIES WITH WATER AND IS JAMMED

...There was a tremendous failure. The water re-freezes and refuses to flow. We will run out of beer if the farms are not planted. This mistake is mine. I must find a way around this, and soon, or I fear for all our lives abd for my own safety. My comrades have entrusted me, and this is a tremendous failure of mine. Additionally, the magma I have diverted to our metal industry simularly was jammed by melting ice...

U SCREEN

OH NO MAGMA IN OUR FARMS

...The second attmpt at causing the water to flow resulted in some magma entering the planned farm area. It is shut off now and is not much of a danger. Still, my comrades continue to question the safety of my methods and my own competence. Still, it is the only way to survive here...

Z SCREEN

TRADERS HAVE COME

WE ARE OUT OF BEER

WE HAVE BOUGHT MORE BEER

FUTURE TRADE GOODS REQUESTED

...Traders from the mountainhomes arrived, and not a moment too soon. With the piddling crafts I ordered created from the corpses of our pack animals, we were able to buy beer, plump helmets and barrels; but nothing else. I requested no particular goods, but made a note of what goods would be profitable for next year...

EMERGENCY WATER DIGGING

...When we ran out of beer, I ordered the digging of areas to make use of the useless water from the first planned water site. In case of emergencies this will allow us to have some limited ammount of water. It is not everlasting, however...

NEW PLANNED LAVA FLOW

NEW PLANNED WATER FLOW

...In an attempt to rectify the situation, I have made great haste to build an alternative spillway. We must have farms up and running...

NEW WATER FLOW WAS A FAILURE AND HAS KILLED A MIGRANT

DEAD MIGRANT'S SPOUSE IS UPSET

...That magma flow was also a failure. It is not looking good for me. While I managed to escape, a migrant was trapped in the re-freezing ice and died. His Spouse is not pleased with me in the least...

PLANNED MAGMA FLOW

...I set out to carve this third magma flow, so that we could finally get water into the farms. It is already winter, and while we will not starve or die of thirst just yet, I am desperate to get the water into the farms. I am a bit reckless and do not make formal calculations...

PREPARATIONS TO FLOW MAGMA, OH NO GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY

OH NO, A TRAGEDY HAS BEFALLEN US

...Timferius and Ast'Risk decide to personally observe the magma flow. I beseech them to run, but Ast'Risk gets too close to the melting ice. He is re-frozen within it and is irrevokably dead. I am truly saddened. A grand tomb will need to be constructed out of the abundant gold that is here...

WATER IS FLOWING, BUT HAPHAZARDLY

MAGMA FILLING THE PROPER COURSE

MELTING WATER ABOVE ITSELF

MAGMA SPREADS, BUT DUE TO HAPHAZARD NATURE, CONTACTS SOME ICE AND RE-SOLIDIFIES

WATER IN OUR FARMS, FINALLY

OH NO TOO MUCH WATER

OH GOD TOO MUCH WATER

...Success... And also failure. I have set loose too much water into the farms, and it is too deep to yet plant there. It is already late winter. The magma industry is already fully functional, but it is too late to smith anything already. I make the decision to partially flood the fort...

PLAN TO RELEASE WATER PRESSURE

OH GOD

...The water does not drain as expected...

MATUIN IS NOT HAPPY AT THE DEATH OF AST'RISK

...The miner Matuin is unhappy over my stupidity at causing the death of Ast'Risk...

SEE? DON'T WORRY, WATER IS AT A SAFE LEVEL

...The water is at a safe level, and one it goes down entirely it will be safe to plant crops. It was a hard year full of tragedy, but I did my best. Considering the circumstances I did all I could and accomplished much..."

YEAR END Z-SCREEN

YEAR END LIVING QUARTERS

The first Tablet ends here.

Okay guys, I tried hard this turn and I Ironmanned it. Sorry Norris about your dwarf, it was not on purpose. At least it is a fairly unique way to die. I got a lot accomplished and the next player has access to much wealth and possibility, but I was able at the very least to get everything necessary for our survival and prosperity up and running. I basically ran out of time on the crafting front and building rooms front. Sorry.

CHECKLIST OF THINGS THAT STILL NEED TO BE DONE:
Construct the farms and get planting underway
Complete the Main Dining Room south of the farms
Construct rooms for all the Dwarves
Build, designate, and stock a hospital
Build, designate and stock a barracks
Use the Magma Industry to forge great wealth or whatever you desire, as gold and silver are plentiful.
Make a grand Tomb for Ast'Risk (preferabbly from gold) and the other dwarf, and for future dwarves.
Get the miners to drop their copper picks and pick up new and better ones
Make and put copper furniture in Quatch's room
Replace the current dep with a better one
Update and complete our over-land defenses- preferrably with re-integration of a new and better trade depot

Anyway, here is a .rar of the save file. review it and start the next year, whoever it is that ends up going next. I am now setting out to update the first posts.

Let me know if the link doesn't work, and i'll try to remedy it immediately.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iizmyyyvz0r
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 02:41:56 pm by heyguys »

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: Goldanguishes : Succession Glacier Volcano Fort with Antmen and DOOM
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2010, 03:25:57 pm »

I'm on it buddy. gimme a few hours. I'll get it done.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goldanguishes : Succession Glacier Volcano Fort with Antmen and DOOM
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2010, 03:56:18 pm »

Can you upload the map to the map archives? I'd do it myself, but I'm at work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21