Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: Goldanguishes : Succession Glacier Volcano Fort with Antmen and DOOM  (Read 39223 times)

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goldanguishes : Succession Glacier Volcano Fort with Antmen and DOOM
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 04:10:48 pm »

Ah, i would, but I don't know how. Somebody that's able to could do so and post a link, and i'll update it to post #3

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 05:00:56 pm »

Famous last words:
Timferius: "Hey, they're releasing the magma in the new channel today, let's check it out!"
Ast: "Awesome, Magma!"

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 06:18:07 pm »

YEAR 2: PART 1
Its been a busy day for me. I was just mindin' me own business, hangin' around in some massive room Heyguys says is a dining hall. The lone table an' chair dinnae fool any of us but we meet at the place to humour the poor bucko. The dwarf's a pretty amiable fella an' all but he seems a bit wracked. Sos anyhows in runs Heyguys wit' two honkin' slabs a stone an' he jus' han's 'em to me an' says "s'your turn now bucko!" an' runs away t' mine somethin' or somehow. Anyway what them tablets was were a list o' chores. Not easy ones mind yah' but long term blinkin' projects! Sos I track down "Heyguys" an' I ask 'im. "Hows I supposed t' make a whole bleatin' dinin' room an' stock all them' rooms wit stuff alone?!""I be a butcher not a bricklayer!"
The fella just turns t' me an' says "Yer in charge bucko!"
That thinkin' just steemed my plump helmets so I told that smarmy bucko t' dig the rooms out 'imself.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
'an 'e did it too!

I's then that I understan' th' predicament a' hand. "Heyguys" put me in charge o' th' whole blinkin' operation. I cannae help but be humbled.

a' fist thing I do is have th' masons make doors. if anythin else it'll kepp th' water from floodin' the workshops.

pretty shortly th' water in the room referred to as a "farm" was clear'd out and I had some of the silly migrants plough the fields. little did I knae that "Heyguys had labelled 'em all migrants an I couldn't tell what the blasted buggers did. we dinnae need a milker and an unworking immigrant might as well just be a cow himself for me to butcher an' tan!
...Ach!
gotta stop doin' that, else I get kick'd outta here to like th' mountainhome.

some time in early spring some sap suckin' migrants found ther way t' the burrow, not gonna let BY THE GODS BEARDS!
I's not every day tha' a high master brewer shows up t' help yah through the haerd times. 'tis certainly a blessin' from the gods 'emselves!

t' say the least I put a few o' th' migrants who were really freeloadin' fish dissectors an' milkers an' stran' extractors t' work in th' farms. we'll not be hungry on my watch.

It was a great joy for me to say we struck marble. a lesser dwarf might've looked past this as an ordinary stone, but I recognized it as a boon t' our fortress in th' form of flux needed t' make steel. th' miners'll have ther steel picks soon.
my joy quickly wint away when I found tha' we haven't any iron. A fortress withow iron! blasphemy aginst th' gods 'emselves.

summer 's come an' it don't seem like the list "Heyguys" gave me six months ago has gotten any shorter. the fungiwood is almost gone an' our skilled labourers are scarce I can only pray that the new world shows more promise

To Be continued...
(probably later tonight)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 06:29:11 pm »

Sorry Norris about your dwarf, it was not on purpose. At least it is a fairly unique way to die.
'Twas an honor to freeze solid in the magma channel.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 07:15:48 pm »

No, I'll redorf myself out of Quatch's last migrant wave.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 08:00:24 pm »

That's making bold assumptions :)
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 08:21:07 pm »

Tell me about it...

Quote from: heyguys
..The miner Matuin is unhappy over my stupidity at causing the death of Ast'Risk...

YE KILLED HIM! HOW COULD YOU! WAAAAAAAH

Oh wait, he was WATCHING MAGMA FLOW? Heh. That's awesome.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 08:24:59 pm »

I'll revise it then: When my turn comes around, I'll find a relatively unknown dwarf and take him/her.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 08:28:16 pm »

It's kind of a sad way to go. Watching magma flow, and he freezes in a puddle.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 08:29:33 pm »

Sad? It's AWESOME!

If someone gets me killed, it better effing be an awesome way to die. I want to A) Get mauled by mutant elephants B) Get crushed by something very large or C) Go on a rampage and murder half the fortress before dying of a nosebleed.

heyguys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2010, 10:11:15 pm »

Holy cow that was a wonderful update RoboCorn! I'm really pleased with all your enthusiasm, I really didn't expect it. Thank you guys.

Eagerly waiting for the next update and see what our neighbors are like. I only pray we have some defense.

Matuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010, 10:37:53 pm »

Holy cow that was a wonderful update RoboCorn! I'm really pleased with all your enthusiasm, I really didn't expect it. Thank you guys.

Eagerly waiting for the next update and see what our neighbors are like. I only pray we have some defense.

Seriously, been checking for the update every 15 minutes! lol

BTW, can we possibly rename the region folder of this save file? Something like "Goldanuishes" or "Glacier Succession"

I just accidentally deleted a region when I put in the save to check out the fort xD
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 10:43:08 pm by Matuin »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2010, 11:17:26 pm »

Even in death, I defy the higher powers that proclaim that magma is hot.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2010, 11:22:01 pm »

That bug about water being heated to lethal levels by magma at a large distance still around? You could have been boiled alive. And then frozen. Sorta like instant-noodles.

I'd like to note you guys are pretty hardcore with turnaround so fast including writeup and all :) I'm at a conference this week, I didn't think you'd get to me right away. Assuming you do, I might take more than 12hrs to turn the game around.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:01:38 am by Quatch »
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21