Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: ♠ Fungi of The Caverns - A Field Guide ♠ (page 2 up!)  (Read 17447 times)

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
Re: ♠ Fungi of The Caverns - A Field Guide ♠ (page 2 up!)
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2010, 10:27:10 pm »

Darken the color and you got Xenofungus...

Great.  Now I gotta go mod these guys in. :P

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2010, 11:01:14 pm »

I always saw the dwarves as Morganites...
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2010, 11:06:05 pm »

Really?  I'd prefer Col. Urist Santiago.  Or "The Free Dwarfs".

One thing's for certain, though: Elves=Gians.

Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

MoatMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2010, 02:03:47 am »

I wonder if you could actually. Now that there are souls is it possible to have an attack that affects only the soul/mood and not the body? It would be pretty cool to have a monster that attacked dwarves mentally like a swarm of mind-worms would. A creature that could drive a dwarf into a berserk rage would be far more threatening than a dragon to a well established fort given how epic Dwarven veterans get.
Spergs 4 life.

Kazindir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2010, 09:57:27 am »

I wonder if you could actually. Now that there are souls is it possible to have an attack that affects only the soul/mood and not the body? It would be pretty cool to have a monster that attacked dwarves mentally like a swarm of mind-worms would. A creature that could drive a dwarf into a berserk rage would be far more threatening than a dragon to a well established fort given how epic Dwarven veterans get.

Melancholy leads to tantrum spiral.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lva8L-J8x04

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2010, 10:57:46 am »

But then, we'd need a fire imp/man or a dragon to even fight them!

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2010, 11:31:50 am »

I have too much time in my hands too... I present you the six undercrops:  :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2010, 01:12:44 pm »

I always imagined sweet pods as being similar to the cacao, with a hard husk and numerous sugary "beans" inside...

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2010, 01:55:06 pm »

That would make more sense seeing as they are directly ground into dwarven sugar. But personally I imagine them as gooey pod-things that get dried and then milled into sugar, or cooked and concentrated into syrup.

Obviously the whole idea is wrong since the sugar would be rather bland. IRL sugar beets and sugar canes are processed into a thick syrup first and then treated and ground into sugar.

Maybe I will draw some variations of the undercrops. We could put them into voting afterwards. :P

As a side note, cacao beans are not sugary at all. they are bitter as hell.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2010, 02:11:06 pm »

Yeah, I'm aware of that.  They're also not bright red, nor do they grow underground.  Boy, learn something new every day!

Yeah, I probably could have worded that a bit better...  It does look like I'm calling cacao sugary.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2010, 05:52:22 pm »

Very nice!  I've only got to plump helmets, dimple cups, and the sweet pod so far.  Our Sweet Pods differ the most - I just drew one pod on a stalk, due to it being "Sweet Pod" singular instead of plural.  Interesting ideas :).
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2010, 11:28:50 pm »

"plump-kin"?  did I miss a new crop?  really nice crop illustrations though.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2010, 02:53:53 pm »

Why wouldn't there be different breeds and strains of underground crops, like there are above ground?

A Macintosh is different from a Red Delicious is different from a Granny Smith.

Odd!x

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2010, 04:34:56 pm »

d'you think that different strains and breeds could be replicated in the game with castes? or is that only with creatures?
We are who we are, depending on who we were.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 02, 2010, 05:08:29 pm »

I think that making different strains of crops is probly on Toady's Dev List already.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]