Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Okay, now I'm really suspicious of these elves...  (Read 9310 times)

Re: Okay, now I'm really suspicious of these elves...
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2010, 10:08:33 am »

I thought it was common knowlage Elves ate corpses. In my last fortress (that was destroyed by a salt monster) I was under attack by gobbo's. The elven traders come, kill the goblins and then eat them. First the goblins were there, then their corpse was there, then it dissapeared as the elf moved closer. After witnessing this I welcomed the cannibal elves to a relaxing magma bath followed by an atom smasher.
Maybe a blunt question, but does she have any reason to not trust you?
Yes, I'm sort of a serial cheater.

ReverseWill

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs cigarettes to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2010, 02:48:08 pm »

Wait, you let them trade with you?

I let them get into the Trade Depot.

Then I flip the "Drowning Chamber" switch.
Just because that tamed alligator killed someone earlier doesn't mean it wouldn't make a great pet now.

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 09:12:39 am »

It happened again!

There was a squad of goblin lashers standing right in my entrance hall and some spearmen running around killing migrants.  "An elven caravan from Cana Cifa has arrived".

After unpausing, one more migrant gets struck down...I zoom to the announcement...no goblins.  Look in the entrance hall...no goblins.  Look at the units screen...only the three goblins that got caught in my cage traps.

This must be some kind of bug...or else these elves are just really badass.
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

TigerPlushie

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_DRAMA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 09:36:22 am »

Wait, you let them trade with you?

Tigermen, baby!

"Say no to Tigermen slavery! They are humanoids like you and me (and sorta like elves as well)"

P.E.T.A. - People for Emancipation of Tiger Anthropomorphs
Dwarf cancelled making adamantium short sword: Strange mood.
Dwarf has entered a marital trance!
Dwarf has claimed a bedroom.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 11:26:05 am »

It happened again!

There was a squad of goblin lashers standing right in my entrance hall and some spearmen running around killing migrants.  "An elven caravan from Cana Cifa has arrived".

After unpausing, one more migrant gets struck down...I zoom to the announcement...no goblins.  Look in the entrance hall...no goblins.  Look at the units screen...only the three goblins that got caught in my cage traps.

This must be some kind of bug...or else these elves are just really badass.

You might be right about the bug, or at least that a rather odd procedure is operating.  I have been having some problems with the Elven caravans in my fortress.  They arrive, begin unloading, and never become capable of trade before they supposedly leave.  They also never leave.  For two years in a row I de-constructed the Trade Depot and this released them, but it left behind a 5x5 pile of stuff that I really didn't want.  This past year I left them sit, thinking they would go insane the following Spring and at least supply me with some amusement value.  Instead, when the next Spring's Elven caravan arrived, the Elves in the Trade Depot vanished instantly.  However, they left a pile of trade goods in a single square on top of the depot.

I am now going to disable their arrival by removing their active season from the entity file.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

Lord Darkstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 05:01:41 pm »

I've noticed that my elven caravans are taking longer and longer to unload. That is, they are bringing more and more trade goods, and unloading all these items is taking more and more time.
learn to give consolations to frustrated people
What is this, a therapy session? We don't need to console someone because they're upset about a fucking video game. Grow a beard, son, and take off those elf ears!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 05:04:16 pm »

I've noticed that my elven caravans are taking longer and longer to unload. That is, they are bringing more and more trade goods, and unloading all these items is taking more and more time.
Their merchant skill is improving then! Try to seize their goods for a few years, if you think you can take on their sieges. After that, relations should smooth out, and you'll be back at square one (first elven caravan)
Pages: 1 [2]