Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 603451 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1020 on: July 04, 2010, 07:55:15 am »

i think that amala should salt a nearby frogman and throw it at the toad thing, hoping its not the great todey one
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 04, 2010, 09:13:56 am »

i think that amala should salt a nearby frogman and throw it at the toad thing, hoping its not the great todey one
Agreed. Also, awesome. The expressions on everybody's faces after the explosion are just perfect.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 04, 2010, 09:27:22 am »

Wuh-oh, fire breath; that's always unfortunately wide-angled.

We need to stagger the troops to minimize casualties; try to surround the Titan while staying well out if it's reach so that we can shoot it to death with arrows (and hurled explosive frogmen); our swordsmen and spearmen can protect the archers from the tribesmen.

Falter not, Children of Amanereli! Destroying the dark master of these primitives shall surely crush their morale!

Good to see this is finally back on it's feet!

(don't tell her this, but Amala's positively adorable when she's caught off guard)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 09:29:58 am by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 04, 2010, 10:14:10 am »

:o
I think we're going to need more salt...
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 04, 2010, 10:44:06 am »

Shall we try this. Also, it is back! Hurray!
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 04, 2010, 11:05:52 am »

I don't think the salt caused that explosion...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 04, 2010, 11:13:46 am »

And your point is? It's still an amusing weapon, and if a fluffy wambler can kill a collosus then a frogman can kill a titan easy!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 04, 2010, 11:15:25 am »

(Examination)
It's a frog Titan, one that can shoot fireballs; I'm surprised Darkerdark even told us that much. I wouldn't be surprised if it can shot an elastic tongue along with fireballs and quite possibly shoot an elastic flaming tongue. If anything it can also probably gather up more than a group of elves with its tongue.

I would also guess that the creature has to be at least two and a half or maybe just two stories high. So I.E. the titan has to be at least thirty-nine to thirty feet tall. That's 11.887 meters or 9.144 meter for you metric people. If this is going by DF rules our elves should average around five to six feet tall or 1.5 meters to 1.8. I also doubt that Amala can handle a titan; don't get me wrong, it's unlikely she's lived long to have fought something like that.

(Conclusion)
If we are going to fight something like that, the only way the elves could defeat it is to use it's natural weaknesses, but than again, this is a titan. I doubt it has any conventional weaknesses, not to mention that the salt angered it in the first place or at least the fighting. So I doubt that it's even worth it to try and fight it.

(Idea)

The only real option at this point (if the frogs are not the creature's keeper) is to blame the frogmen. Judging from the Titan's words, it's probably not happy to see anyone. I would offer one of those elephants (a live one and less drugged one, maybe) as a snack to it and try to explain that the frogmen started the whole fight in the first place. Hopefully if things right, the frog titan should kill all the frogmen clear a path for us and let us through and have us never come back.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 04, 2010, 11:19:36 am »

Really our options are quite clear. A) Kill it. B) Bow before the Toady One. I say kill it... but have at least one crazy elf try worshiping it.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 04, 2010, 11:25:23 am »

Really our options are quite clear. A) Kill it. B) Bow before the Toady One. I say kill it... but have at least one crazy elf try worshiping it.

It's been living underground. I don't think it wants worshipers. It has to be more than a few yards (or dozen meters) away from the main group of elves. If we fire, it will blow fire incinerate the arrows and barbecue the elves.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 04, 2010, 11:28:46 am »

we should have amala try some shadow of the colossus style climbing of the titan and shooting it in the eyes. it worked with the elephant, might be worth a try here. otherwise, i've no idea.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 04, 2010, 11:30:07 am »

we should have amala try some shadow of the colossus style climbing of the titan and shooting it in the eyes. it worked with the elephant, might be worth a try here. otherwise, i've no idea.
You should know the unspoken rule.

That which is awesome, one can only do once.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 04, 2010, 11:38:34 am »

You should know the unspoken rule.

That which is awesome, one can only do once.

Probably true, Amala has already been fighting for more than two updates; we can't be too sure of how much she has left. Plus it would be stupid to send someone that important to solve such a daunting task. The goal is to survive, not look cool and die every turn.

Course, that would just be boring.... I say we feed the druggy elephant to the titan and see what happens!

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 04, 2010, 12:03:42 pm »

Quickly try to make peace with the frogmen and ask them whether they know any escape routes. Clearly they are as afraid as the elves.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 04, 2010, 12:14:18 pm »

We've been in a situation like this before! we just need to do this...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
to these...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 185