Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 603286 times)

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #2670 on: November 29, 2012, 06:41:37 pm »

As much as I would love to see this comeback ... We should get someone to lock it and shove into Legends.   Until (If at some point) DD wants to pick it up again.

Mortis

• Bay Watcher
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: January 26, 2013, 04:22:57 am »

Live, thread! Liiiive!!
(Mortis gestures, and the thread begins to shudder)

Edit: sorry, that was was pretty dumb
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 11:41:49 pm by Mortis »
My full signature
To expand on this, I'm hoping someone can explain to me why my babies appear to be coated in axel grease...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: January 26, 2013, 04:25:01 am »

As much as I would love to see this comeback ... We should get someone to lock it and shove into Legends.   Until (If at some point) DD wants to pick it up again.
Yup, we really need to do it. Else it's going to be deleted one day.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: January 26, 2013, 05:01:50 am »

Live, thread! Liiiive!!
(Morris gestures, and the thread begins to shudder)
Did you seriously just misspell your own name?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: January 26, 2013, 05:03:32 am »

Btw, maybe better to ignore him. This is his only post, pretty sure it's a troll.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: January 26, 2013, 02:38:53 pm »

When I started this adventure, I had a basic idea of what I wanted it to be. I had one simple goal: Elven shenanigans. Basically, I wanted to make fun of elves and their silly ways while drawing the input and suggestions of other players to turn the whole escapade into a story of sorts. However, I think that over time I've lost sight of what made the adventure so great and instead I started concentrating more on making the artwork look good rather than making it dedicated to what any good disciple of Armok wants to see: Elves dying in awesome and hilarious ways. It was hard to avoid it, I think we all started seeing the elves in a new light and they gradually turned into something "Cool" rather than something we can all point and laugh at. I haven't replied to most of your requests to get this moving again because I haven't really had the time to continue it, nor do I have it in my heart to actually end it. I always tell myself "I'll get back to it as soon as I have the time."

Heh... How long has it been now?

Anyways, before you start to get the wrong impression I should clarify that I do want to continue this again. Things are quieting down at work and while I still play a lot of video games, I find myself with more and more free time where I'm sitting around being bored (or lurking in the Dwarf Fortress forums, waiting for the next update). I'd like to start this back up, but I always find myself running into trouble as to where I should start it off again. And of course, having not drawn elves in ages (and having not drawn ANYTHING in the last five or six months during my transition between real-life jobs) I'd have to clear the rust off.

I'm thinking I should try some other dwarf fortress related art adventure first, like "Goblins of Bax Ogom", "Dwarves of Coppergate", or "Humans of..." Actually, humans would be kind of boring, I think... Unless it was an adventurer we'd be playing as. Anyways, I'd like to start something related to Elves of Amanereli without it actually being Amala's caravan. I've got a few ideas in my head, I just want a bit of input from you guys before I go right off and start a whole new thread.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: January 26, 2013, 02:51:02 pm »

Its not a dead thread, its just on unannounced extended hiatus.
I was right! :D (along with other people)

Anyway, if you wanted to do a human one you could do a human vampire adventurer and his adventures in trying to not get caught by the rest of his party about the vampirism, or something like that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: January 26, 2013, 02:56:21 pm »

I agree about the vampirism, would be nice.
Wait a second.
*head gets blown out as if it was hit by a wrecking ball*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: January 26, 2013, 02:56:42 pm »

Or, really, humans in a DF world.

A human caravan, going from retreat to Mountainhome and back to the plains, before setting out again; beset by giant badgers, loose rutherers, ambushes and thieves, beasts both semi and mega, bogeymen and other night creatures, armies occupying the road, and general insanity. Sounds Fun.

(Ninja'd.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: January 26, 2013, 02:57:43 pm »

Or, really, humans in a DF world.

A human caravan, going from retreat to Mountainhome and back to the plains, before setting out again; beset by giant badgers, loose rutherers, ambushes and thieves, beasts both semi and mega, bogeymen and other night creatures, armies occupying the road, and general insanity. Sounds Fun.

(Ninja'd.)
You forgot the wolves and the random birds who may or maynot attack.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: January 26, 2013, 03:27:43 pm »

Really good art makes you a popular GM, but not as much as consistent updates. I think that's why most illustrated forum games have their GM working at less than full potential - the higher the quality, the easier it is to burn out.

Plus, like 99% of the games people enjoy on this forum are text based anyway. I highly doubt this game's popularity is due just to how well you draw.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: January 26, 2013, 03:50:26 pm »

Moar drawings please?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: January 26, 2013, 04:06:56 pm »

Really good art makes you a popular GM, but not as much as consistent updates. I think that's why most illustrated forum games have their GM working at less than full potential - the higher the quality, the easier it is to burn out.

Plus, like 99% of the games people enjoy on this forum are text based anyway. I highly doubt this game's popularity is due just to how well you draw.

mmm, I'd argue that the reason 99% of the games on this forum are text based is because image-based games (illustrated or otherwise) are way more work and also require some base level of talent to be understandable. Well, so do text games, but being able to communicate through text is basically a prerequisite for participating in the forum community in the first place, whereas pretty pictures (and even not-so-pretty pictures) are above and beyond the call of GM duty.

But that is neither here nor there.

Personally, I've never been afraid to resurrect a thread without warning and just jump in where I left off- link to a previous update or three so everyone remembers where we're going and why, and hop to it. Nobody's going to complain if the art style changes- I believe ffs can attest to that :P

Then again, the Muses are fickle bitches, so if a companion piece is what you feel like doing, do it! "Dwarves of Coppergate" would be an interesting look ahead. The idea I had was to do an adventure similar to the Elves, but from the perspective of a caravan/raiding party leaving Coppergate, thus making the goal to get home safely with our precious cargo of tattered socks, microcline mugs, and dimple dye.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: January 26, 2013, 04:29:26 pm »

Or you could just draw the story of an elf, a dwarf, a human, and a kobold adventuring their way through the DF world.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: January 26, 2013, 04:30:19 pm »

and a gobbo.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 185