Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 598456 times)

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« on: April 26, 2010, 01:47:39 am »

The Elves of Amanereli: The Caravan

From the four corners of the Tranquil Woods, the emerald cloaked Elves of Amanereli come. They come to Eyoaslef, home of their Queen, Lothena Temperedwinds.

The Queen speaks before the great assembly of Elves. She speaks of the vast empires of the world, the Feudal Humans who live in vast cities to the south, the Insidious Goblins who lurk in the mountains to the East, and finally, of the Dwarves who reside in lands not yet set upon by Elven feet.

The Queen, in her infinite wisdom has come up with a grand idea, one that will immortalize the nation name of Amanereli, carrying it well beyond the Age of Myth! She speaks of course, of venturing forth into the Dwarven lands. To do trade with those wondrous mountain people! She proposes assembling a Trade Caravan the likes of which this world has never seen! The Dwarves of the far East will know the people of Amanereli as powerful and prosperous!

There is a murmur among the crowd. It is true, the Elvish nation of Amanereli is the most prosperous and powerful empire the world over. The numbers gathered here in this Forest Retreat outnumber the Humans and Goblins combined nearly two to one. Surely the Elves of Amanereli should use this power to spread peace througout the world? Trading with the Dwarves would be the first step in securing diplomatic relations on the road to world peace!

Slowly the Queen raised a hand, "To show these Dwarves the wealth of Amanereli, I ask that every elf in my presence donate a single item of worth to the caravan. Let the Dwarves see firsthand the prosperity of Amanereli's children!"

Every elf worth his weight in Rope Reed slowly nodded in acceptance. The Queen's wish will be fulfilled. The greatest trade caravan to have ever crossed these lands will set forth from Amanereli!

Rules and such:

You are the elves of Amanereli!

I am the story teller, a gamemaster of sorts. I will progress the story, of which you have a direct influence upon. Generally, at the end of each illustrated post, I will ask you for input on what to do next. You must put yourself in the rope reed sandals of an elf. Post instructions that you and your fellow elves will attempt to carry out. If you like another poster's idea, quote his post and say "this". Doing this will further influence me to carry the story in that direction. This is a group effort, you are but one voice in a sea of elves... or however many elves end up coming along, we'll decide that when the caravan sets out.

Keep in mind... ELVES WILL DIE. Yes, sooner or later, the weedy little tree huggers are going to get themselves into trouble, and gore will begin to fly! Elves dying under your control will not prevent you from making further posts. But don't be surprised if the other Elves stop listening to your bright ideas.

The Goal: Make it to the Dwarf Mountain Home of Copper Gates with the least amount of elf deaths and the most amount of trade goods. Keep in mind that trade goods are more important than elves. After all, the final trade deal will hinge on what kind of goods survive the journey. But if you run out of Elves, it's game over, the Caravan failed. DO NOT LET THE CARAVAN FAIL!

Notes: Typical MS-Paint style adventure. I wanted to try my hand at one to see if I actually have what it takes. Plus, I'm really bored, waiting for an unbuggy version of DF2010 to come out. Posts will probably be around the weekend, as that's when I have the most amount of drawing time.

So! Brave Elves of Amanereli! It is up to you to choose which trade goods you want to bring to the Dwarves. But keep in mind, you're Elves, not Humans. Once we have an assortment of goods, we can venture forth out of the woods and press towards Copper Gates! Now, what to bring?

To allow people to keep track of updates a little better, Samthere has made a convenient set of links which I've posted below.

The story so far:

Update 1
Update 2
Update 3
Update 4
Update 5
Update 6
Update 7
Update 8
Update 9
Update 10
Update 11
Update 12
Update 13
Update 14
Update 15
Update 16
Update 17
Update 18
Update 19
Update 20 (Jan 05)
Update 21 (Jan 10)
Update 22 (Feb 22)
Update 23 - Sidestory! (Jul 11)
Update 24 - Sidestory! (Jul 17)
Update 25 - Not Dead Yet! (Dec 13)

Fanarts and shenanigans of various sorts:

Amala prays to the god of tears Fanart by Rumrusher
When good elves go bad Fanart by The Fool
Notsafeforworkantics Fanart by Robocorn
The Distinguished torch Shenanigans by shome
We're being watched Shenanigans by Samthere
Thinking of you babe Shenanigans by Cerol Lenslens

DarkerDark's miscellaneous artwork (warning! May contain giant four armed rat men of doom!):

Drawing tools comparison
Lizardmen nobles and flying contraptions
People only wish this was a cutebold
Digging your DOOOOOOOM
Giant four armed rat man of DOOOOOM
The Elves of Amanereli meet a troll
An epic tale
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 06:50:19 am by DarkerDark »

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 01:58:47 am »

CAGED ANIMALS.
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 02:00:39 am »

Some assorted herbs.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 02:01:46 am »

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:11:22 am »

barrels upon barrels of strawberry wine.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 02:14:32 am »

nice AWESOME drawing style.

Watching for great justice.

Also, SUNBERRIES. SUNBERRIES WILL MAKE DORFS HAPPY

(I wish that I could draw like you :U)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 02:20:44 am by Acanthus117 »
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 02:28:22 am »

O_o

(I wish that I could draw like you :U)

This.

You are arty. You have the arts.

Bring lots of rope reed. And pipes.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

silhouette

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 02:29:44 am »

THE QUEENS VIRGINITY!
# PowerGoal49, SCREAM BALL, (Future): Trolls take the captives and see if they can throw them all the way over the chasm to each other.
---
SCREW EVERYTHING ELSE! I WANT THIS!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 02:39:51 am »

Nah, the resulting dwelves will get all the Elves killed. Not that's a bad thing, of course.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 02:41:02 am »

I dont want all the well drawn elves to die. :(

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 02:43:49 am »

Not Sunberries, but Sunshine! Barrels, and barrels, and barrels IN barrels!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 02:49:09 am by Dorten »
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 02:47:28 am »

Im pretty sure the most important thing I get in most of my fortresses from elves is food and booze. But mostly booze.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 02:50:40 am »

I wish I could draw like him/her. :U

But yeah, I agree with booze/berries.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 02:55:37 am »

All that and some wood crafts. What's the point of trying to enforce a monopoly on wood if you don't sell any?

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 07:43:07 am »

WOAH! This art is just beutifull and amazing! O_O

I say we bring wood, strawberry wine and caged dangerous animals.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 185