Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 185

Author Topic: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure  (Read 602038 times)

Mikko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elves of Amanereli - Paint adventure
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2010, 04:40:28 pm »

I say they first smoke some of the herbs. Then the most talentless elves will try to mount an elephant and ride it towards the trap.

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2010, 04:51:34 pm »

I say they first smoke some of the herbs. Then the most talentless elves will try to mount an elephant and ride it towards the trap.

The goal is to not kill all of the elves.
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2010, 05:51:59 pm »

I feel that the pit is fine. It can be expanded with a ramp after we have our elephant.

Yes, and when elves will be digging too close, he will gore 2d4 of them with his tusks.

I love that there are no attack rolls or damage rolls or anything - just knock over 2d4 of them and call it a round :P

Eventually though his tusks will be blunted on the multitude of our bodies!
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2010, 09:51:13 pm »

I just thought... What if there are more than one of elephants? Will they let the elves take one of them, or will they guard trapped one?

Oh, sweet carnage  :D :D :D
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Raviaric

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_CARDBOARD_BOXES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2010, 11:35:44 pm »

The goal is to not kill all of the elves.

I'd love to see the reaction of other elves to this sort of conversation, since aren't these user suggestions translated into elves shouting ideas? Evidenced by the quote below.
Quote from: DarkerDark
Somewhere, someone mentioned offering the Queen

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2010, 11:42:16 pm »

Yeah, that part was awesome.

I can imagine the caravan arriving at the mountain home with caged elves.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2010, 12:46:44 am »

I just thought... What if there are more than one of elephants? Will they let the elves take one of them, or will they guard trapped one?

Oh, sweet carnage  :D :D :D

That's a good point, and one of the problems with almost any plan- it might be pure genius or elaborate suicide depending on how many elephants show up.

Ideally, we use an elf as bait, the elf flees towards the cage, then jumps out of the way, trapping the elephant in the cage. He then flees across the pits, trapping any pursuers and ideally netting us at least two elephants, if that many show up.

Less ideally, the elephants are more cunning than we thought and refuse to walk right into a cage, which both loses us an elephant and probably cuts down on our elf's escape time. Catastrophically, running across the pits still doesn't buy our bait enough time and he dies horribly and for no gain.

Getting the elephants out of the pits is a different issue, but unless they call for help we'll at least have time on our side that way. If they DO call for help... well, I suppose that depends on what kinds of herbs we have. Perhaps we could just lasso their tusks and ears and force-feed them?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2010, 02:37:28 am »

Posting to keep tabs on...
And i say Scarecrow a good distance behind the Trap so that they are attracted to it, an Elephant falls into the trap, and if more come, they will attempt revenge on the Elves (scarecrow) and charge it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2010, 02:47:34 pm »

We Must wage war upon our animal friends.
I mean, gutting our brothers?
Not cool, man, not cool.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2010, 03:47:00 pm »

Aarrrrrgh! We're not thinking Elven way!

Elves can speak with animal-men, and every animal is benign!

We would have the elephant hours ago, if we only just politely tamed him into the cage.
Oh well, but this way it's more hillarious :3
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2010, 06:04:21 pm »

Well, the elephants did get suspicious of us, so it might not be quite that simple.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2010, 06:05:28 am »

As the cover of darkness lifts, the elves finish covering their pit and begin to set up a scarecrow using one of their shovels and some rope reed clothing. Suddenly a sickly sounding noise is heard, something that resembles the trumpet of an elephant, only weak and depressed. The elves snap into action, scanning the horizon for the tusked menace.

Fortunately, it's just some elf trying to make elephant noises. A very poor attempt to mimic the great beast. The elves laugh nervously amongst each other before they continue to put the finishing touches on their trap. Then, in the distance, a faint trumpeting reply is heard. Faint, but proud. This is the trumpet of a true elephant, and it comes this way!

The elves immediately run into the woods, hiding themselves as the lumbering beast plods forward, eyeing the scarecrow with curiosity.

Will the mighty elephant press further? Will the scarecrow draw it into the pit the elves had so laboriously toiled with the night before?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:08:51 am by DarkerDark »

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2010, 06:08:55 am »

Hee-larious.

Use the elven knack for taming animals, and put it into a biiig wooden cage.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2010, 06:19:57 am »

I think the elves have herbs for that sort of thing. Rope reed ropes might help to get it in the cage after it is sedated. Sentries need to be posted as well, in case of more elephants.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2010, 06:36:11 am »

I think the elves have herbs for that sort of thing. Rope reed ropes might help to get it in the cage after it is sedated. Sentries need to be posted as well, in case of more elephants.

this
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 185